Pod Your Reef

I feel like a noob

jeremai

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ordered some chlorophyll-filled goodness, ships out Monday. :happy:

I found an old filter sock so tomorrow I'm going on a flatworm-siphoning rampage. omgomgomg

Also, I know I'm not the only one home alone on a Friday night. Thoughts?

lg-39347-Scarlet-Pin-Stripe.jpg

Pseudocheilinus evanidus. Like a sixline, but prettier. And it'll eat my flatworms! :o

I dislike Pseudocheilinus (after having a six line), but to each his own.

The biggest problems seem to be with aggression, but this tank probably won't be stocked with anything else mobile.

wtf is it? i like.

:huh:

Pseudocheilinus evanidus. Like a sixline, but prettier. And it'll eat my flatworms! :o

I've been sitting here staring at the Live Aquaria tab for twenty minutes trying to make up my mind. :scarry:

My six line took the food away from the corals I was feeding. My candy canes didn't multiply till I forgot to put the top on one night & the six line tried sky diving. After a year the flat worms came back & I just got another six line about a week ago. No more flat worms that I can see anywhere. If that fish is more aggressive than the six line & you feed stuff, think some more. :D

clifford513
Wrasse is ordered, along with one of their zoanthid packs.

It's only money, right? :rolleyes:

Yah, and FE sucks balls imo. Mine are coming back.

Says the guy from Lost Wages..... :(

My birthday is coming up very soon, hopefully Ian gives me a bailout. ;)

Yah, and FE sucks balls imo. Mine are coming back.

I really don't want to go the chemical route. I'm going to siphon out as many as I can today and hope the wrasse gets the rest. I don't think I'll have to worry about feeding it for a little bit; before it starts on the flat worms it'll have a smorgisbord of copepods, amphipods, mysids, bristle worms and a strange polychaete with a bumpy head that I've only seen once.

I'm gunna miss that stuff. Good thing it's a pretty and unique fish.

I want pictures of my babies please! :flower:

Also, I have a solution for your flatworms if you are willing to put in the effort, it cut down on my population drastically and now I have none.

First find a five gallon bucket, next siphon out the water and place any loose corals in the bucket (try not to get any flatworms in this process). Now remove the rocks from the tank and swish them in fresh water. Plain ol tap water works fine. I'd try to keep the mushies out of the water but if they come in contact it should be ok. Now siphon out any remaining flatworms. All thats left is to put the tank back together. You may have to repeat the process once or twice but it should help with them.

Amber, that's way too much work, lol. :rolleyes: That reminds me though, ygpm.

I have a lot of stuff coming in on Tuesday. Once this tank is a little better stocked and everything has settled in I'll take more photos.

Amber, that's way too much work, lol. :rolleyes: That reminds me though, ygpm.

I have a lot of stuff coming in on Tuesday. Once this tank is a little better stocked and everything has settled in I'll take more photos.

meh

I'll hold you to that :P

Archived