inTank Media Baskets

JDigital's 75G "No-Powerhead" Tank Build.

JDigital

wow, that is truly and amazing plumbing job...i'm jealous. great work!

also, i can't believe that the bottom of that tank wasn't tempered. that's awesome that you were able to drill it. can't wait to see how the tank progresses. looking great so far.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wow, that is truly and amazing plumbing job...i'm jealous. great work!

also, i can't believe that the bottom of that tank wasn't tempered. that's awesome that you were able to drill it. can't wait to see how the tank progresses. looking great so far.

Thanks, The plumbing was definitely touch an go with measurements and getting all the angles right.

Yes , it looks good. I like cl. B)

Me too.. I'm loving it! :D

The tank is coming along very nice. What camera are you using. Your pictures turn out so much better than anything that i can shoot with my cannon sd 1000.

The tank is coming along very nice. What camera are you using. Your pictures turn out so much better than anything that i can shoot with my cannon sd 1000.

Camera: Canon 40D

Lenses: 60mm Macro, and a 12-24mm Wide angle.

Couple new additions today..

First is a new Mille colony:

Mille.jpg

As well as a new resident to the tank.. "Spike". Not the best pic, but he was hiding in behind some rock and the overflow:

foxface.jpg

And a FTS:

FTSjan15.jpg

Couple new additions today..

First is a new Mille colony:

Mille.jpg

As well as a new resident to the tank.. "Spike". Not the best pic, but he was hiding in behind some rock and the overflow:

foxface.jpg

And a FTS:

FTSjan15.jpg

looks good, nice foxface

are milleporas the ones that sting? i cant seem to fgure it out haha

looks good, nice foxface

are milleporas the ones that sting? i cant seem to fgure it out haha

You know what, I will have to check into that too.. I couldn't honestly tell you, I just know they are one of easier Acros to keep. :P

Anyways, the tank is doing well so far.. I don't have any nuisance algae to deal with (...yet? :D ), the Foxface is settling in quickly and knows who I am after only 48hrs.. "Hey, did you bring me food again??". The clown doesn't seem to want to leave the back corner where the closed loop intake is, so he must enjoy the flow, there will just never be anything to host.

Took a bunch more shots tonight, as well as a few shots of the new Acro colony I brought home today.

The new colony today:

YellowAcro2.jpg

2:

YellowAcro3.jpg

YellowAcro1.jpg

Paisley Maxima:

paisleyclam1.jpg

Frogspawn:

frogspawn2.jpg

Crocea Clam:

crocea2.jpg

Lunar Palys (ID??):

darkzoas2.jpg

Army Green Zoas:

ArmyZoas.jpg

Orange/Green Tongas:

Tongas2.jpg

Great pics, love the one of the frogspawn. :)

Thanks Lani!!

Just finished making a top down viewing box for my camera. My "Yellow" Acro isn't so yellow from top down.. :huh:

Only shot I've tried so far, but I am already addicted to top down shots. :lol:

EDIT: Damn, I loose alot of color using photobucket!!!

YellowAcro4.jpg

I totally dig your aquascaping

Thanks.. I switched a 2 rocks around yesterday to give myself some better spots for coral placement.. I'll get an updated FTS tonight probably... Nothing else to do. :lol:

EDIT:

Here are the FTS shots from couple mins ago.

Janfts5.jpg

Janfts6.jpg

Janfts4.jpg

Whoohoo!! I think I figured out the problem with the pictures being less colorful when I upload them.

Compare this shot and with the 1 above.. WAY better color. :D

GreenSPS1.jpg

Oh, and this little addition.... :happydance:

CBB3.jpg

CBB2.jpg

CBB1.jpg

Have you had any problems with your foxface or butterfly going after your corals or inverts?

Foxface, I have had for a week now, and haven't seen any nipping at anything. But I feed 2-3 times a day (when I'm home) usually 1-2 small "snacks", then supper at about 7pm.

CBB - I've only had him for the night so far, so hard to say what he'll do, but so far no problems in the last 16hours.. :lol:

TheUnfocusedOne
Foxface, I have had for a week now, and haven't seen any nipping at anything. But I feed 2-3 times a day (when I'm home) usually 1-2 small "snacks", then supper at about 7pm.

CBB - I've only had him for the night so far, so hard to say what he'll do, but so far no problems in the last 16hours.. :lol:

im jealous, i love copper banded

im gonna get one when ever i get a larger tank

im jealous, i love copper banded

im gonna get one when ever i get a larger tank

Yea, they are a great fish. I was VERY hesitant about getting him, because I know alot of CBB are cyanide caught, but he had been at the LFS for about 3weeks, and was eating at the store, plus I got him for a really good price IMO, so I took the chance!!

Do you mind me asking where you got your rock? I'm starting up a 90 gallon and I love the rock you have. Great aquascape!

I'm wanting to use dry rock so hopefully that's what yours is or was!

Do you mind me asking where you got your rock? I'm starting up a 90 gallon and I love the rock you have. Great aquascape!

I'm wanting to use dry rock so hopefully that's what yours is or was!

I got my rock at my LFS here in Calgary.. It's about half Fiji and half Tonga. I cooked it for quite a few months after I broke down this tank the first time, so it had plenty of time to rid itself of some of the algae and other cr*p that was on it.

I will be using dried out Tonga rock in my 40G cube tho.

Ah, I didn't realize you were a Canuck! B):D

Well, it's really nice. I'm thinking of ordering Eco rocks or Marco rock. It's dry figi. Your tank is awesome.

Edit: how long did it take for it to seed?

Ah, I didn't realize you were a Canuck! B):D

Well, it's really nice. I'm thinking of ordering Eco rocks or Marco rock. It's dry figi. Your tank is awesome.

Edit: how long did it take for it to seed?

I had originally planned to let it cycle for about 6 months, on a minimum lighting cycle. So I really wasn't testing for the typical cycle. I think I took a couple test near the end of November (3weeks) and was into the initial cycle we all look for. This rock was never dried out, so if you plan to use dry Eco rocks etc, it may take a bit longer, I'm not sure.

Unfortunately, I had a small 10G crack on me and I rushed a bunch of small corals and my clown into this tank, near the mid/end December, which through me off my original plan. Not that I am complaining.. :lol:

Archived