SaltCritters.com

JDigital's 75G "No-Powerhead" Tank Build.

JDigital

very cool tank!!!

what kind of silicome did you use in the sump? it looks white, which i'm pretty sure IS NOT reef safe. I think it has chemicals in it to fight mold that are no good for coral.

It was GE Silicone... can't remember which "model".. I just know that I did buy the wrong stuff originally, and had to go back and exchange it... I just happened to pick white as the color. :P

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there any way that you could obscure the loc line? I think it kind of ruins the no-powerhead thing with the nozzles prominently sticking up in the front. Maybe a piece or two of LR rubble in front to block them from view?

Besides that, fantastic tank!

He can disguise the loc line by growing some GSP or zoas on it. This tank is so cool. more pics!

Yea, that is sorta my plan... something like that anyways, prolly Zoas, GSP just seems to take over to fast... plus the sand bed will come up the locline to about where the fanned section clips on. so it won't take much to hide them.. :)

Great looking tank so far!

Thanks... Love your cat sig.. :lol: I burst out laughing first time i saw it.

Yep... This thing is going to be sweet!!!

Cheers. :D

So, I liked my old aquascaping... but it DID have a few things that bothered me, which I rectified today, and now I am REALLY liking my new scape. :happydance::lol:

8 Photo Update!

newscape1.jpg

newscape2.jpg

newscape3.jpg

newscape4.jpg

newscape5.jpg

newscape6.jpg

newscape7.jpg

newscape8.jpg

Not much of an update, but now that my sand has settled after adding it, and raising up my CL intake, I fired up the CL again, and just wanted to show the surface agitation... I think I should be good for oxygenation. I'll try and get another vid when the lights are on... I've only got them running 2hrs/day right now..

awesome! simply stunning! great idea for your build purpose! cant wait to see the zoas or gsp growin on those loc line flares!

Thank you for the very kind words. :) Stocking plans will be very slow. I probably won't have livestock in before April.. Inverts will probably be another 1-1.5 months.

very nice scape!

Thanks, Everytime I look at my original vs current, I think the same thing.. :lol:

amazing!

Cheers.

November 20, 2008 Parameter Test

Elos NH3/4 : 0.5

Elos NO2 : 0.05

Elos NO3 : 0.00

Elos PH : 8.3

Temp : 26' (or 79 for the Americans) :happy:

Salinity : 1.025

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Was expecting a bit more of a change going into to the 4th week.

November 28, 2008 Parameter Test

Elos NH3/4 : 0.5

Elos NO2 : 0.1-0.2

Elos NO3 : 0.00

Elos PH : 8.3

Temp : 26'

Salinity : 1.025

Thanks feathers.

I was actually just sitting out infont of it this evening starring at it and and plotting some coral layout in my head.. and the loclines are going to be one of the first things I take care of. :)

Thanks feathers.

I was actually just sitting out infont of it this evening starring at it and and plotting some coral layout in my head.. and the loclines are going to be one of the first things I take care of. :)

looks great!

i wish i had that much agitation:P

• 2 weeks later...

So, I never planned on having anything but a small clean up crew in the tank for atleast another 1-1.5 months, but with my 10G contest tank breaking on me this morning, I had to save some stuff out of the tank.

So I swapped over the GSP tower and positioned it next to the left locline with the plan of it overgrowing it and hiding it, Also pulled the Frogspawn out as well as a small patch of zoa's (next to the right locline).. and then I had to move the Pom Pom crab and the Black Hawaiian Percula (as he would get sh*t kicked in my 20G by the Angel).. The rest of the corals from the 10 are in my 20 on the frag rack, while I decide what to do with them.

Anyways, quick FTS and a shot of my Pompom crab.

75PomPom.jpg

75Dec08FTS.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Your tank looks good! Can't wait to see how it matures

btw I put some pics of my 65 gallon project!

Thanks man.. I've been dropping in on ur thread, its looking good!.

Starting to swap a few pieces out of my 20G that I want to keep in my 75G, so figured it was time some pics.

My very unhappy (with me) Torch.. :lol:

torch.jpg

Bright Green Yumas (its starting to split and spawn, just can't get good pics) also a red yuma in the background..

greenyumas.jpg

Finally,

My Orange and Green Tongas.. Got it when it was just one, and it has now split into 4.. :mrgreen:

tongas.jpg

Couple Semi-FTS shots from today... Pulled everything out of my 20G in preparation for shutting it down. Added a Pagoda Cup (left side below Monti), Red Monti Cap, Crocea Clam, Birdnest, Roommates Digitata.

Janleft.jpg

JanMid.jpg

Janright.jpg

Archived