Cultivated Reef

Proraptor’s Bomb Proof Advanced Acrylics All in One

proraptor2

OMFG I picked up the hood from john and its AWESOME! I really want to thank john for a job well done..The hinges are actually clear acrylic and look pimp in person....Now for the pics

IMG_0716.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0705.jpg

Thanks again John

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice indeed! The hood and stand look slick. I like the fact that everything looks so clean and all you can see is a couple of powerheads. Its going to look really sharp once you get some more livestock growing in there!

Thanks! I still might work on going powerhead - less but its going to be awhile because Id rather work on buying more coral for the tank....

Damn Tom, that ish IS pimplicious! :D You didn't call me back once you got it on, ass! :P So what lights did you put in it? Was it a kit you already had there??

Thanks everyone!

Phixion - sorry dude....he hood fits perfect though. Im still using that current USA nova extreme T5ho

AnneMarie - SOrry I havent got shots of the new corals up yet Ive been busy trying to get the hood done...

looking good Tom, that hood is nice! I'm hopefully upgrading aswell, 40 breeder SPS dominant for me with all the bells and whistles once I can afford them! lol. I'm broke so it's an x-mas present hopefully Santa (aka dad) gets me it. I'm gonna overskim the hell out of the tank with his Red Sea Berlin Turbo. Haven't figured out the flow. Have stick to my korilias until i get some cash, getting 2 DE 250's over that thing once I save up too. All my dad says he'll get is the tank, stand, sump, and rock/sand. i'm using an old return I found in the garage too, it so happens to be the one recommended to go with the sump. The second he says he'll get it i'm starting a thread.

awesome nick let me know if you get a thread up.....Im unable to keep SPS anymore because they give me a really bad rash. It just isnt worth it..

Ill try and get some pics of the new corals tonight

awesome nick let me know if you get a thread up.....Im unable to keep SPS anymore because they give me a really bad rash. It just isnt worth it..

Hood looks really nice Tom!

Do they really give you a rash? I always get weird marks on my ect ect and I never know what causes it, I am in and out of a dozen tanks all day so it still a guess for me.

Great tank. I really like the look of the rockscape. Are you getting the acan's local? Anyway you could PM me where you are getting them? Overall, very impressive.

I usually buy the acans from local friends...

So Im going to take the hood back to john tonight so he can add some re-enforcement to it to ensure its nice a sturdy.

Im also have a problem with bubbles that I cant figure out....They are micro bubbles really but larger bubbles and it looks like they are coming out of my return? Ive tried everything

Pro, i can't upgrade after all. Really angry, it just costs too much to get going. Just gonna turn my pod into a crazy SPS I think. The yasha died yesterday so i could go BB.

That sucks nick....I know how costly these things can be :( Im sure your aquapod will be super nice all SPS

So I got my hood back from john (awesome turnaround time) One problem though he glued the brace too far back and it covers the whole rear chamber system....Looks like Im going to have to do some cutting

• 1 month later...

Archived