Coral Vue Hydros

Nano Sapiens 12g - Ye Olde Mixed Reef

Nano sapiens

Nano sapiens
seriously? wow. I bought my 3rd leptastrea a couple of weeks ago from a hobbyist, it was going fine then I started seeing STN right in the middle on one polyp, then it went to 2. is has stopped there but I might have to superglue it if I see it continue.

The hobbyist that gave it to me said that leptastreas stop growing if their growth pattern forms a ball. If that happens, unglue it or frag it off and glue to a flat piece of rock and it wlll start growing out again. Perhaps your coral could use that?

This Lep grows flat. Recently it was much bigger, but it hadn't attached itself well to the LR so it fell off. What you see in the pic is a small frag that I saved and reattached. It'll double in size in 4 months if I feed it well.

I've never had a Lep polyp go bad, but anything is possible. I'd only start to worry if I saw many more polyps starting to be affected.

Edited by Nano sapiens
Nano sapiens
Sorry to hear that man.

RIP CSRHGD

Thanks. Even with bottom dwelling fish, its still a possibility that they could jump out in an open-top aquarium.

Nano sapiens
Sorry to hear about him. For some reason fish don't like the tank. :(

He was pretty happy when he was still in water :)

At least I still have Mr. Barnacle Blenny. I may just get a few more, name it 'The Barnacle Den' and call it a day.

Nano sapiens
very nice tank set up. 4 yrs is a great job

Glad you like the little tank. It's a really simple setup, but it has worked out quite well, so far.

• 2 weeks later...
Nano sapiens

A few new pics from the weekend's purchases.

Little green Acropora millipora 1" frag experiment. It's a little browned out at the base from the way it was positioned in the LFS's tank, but the tops look fine and PE is not bad for only being the second day in the tank. It's sitting around 12" from the Stunners and gets a good blast of current every 15 seconds or so. There's also a new 'Speckled Fire/n/Ice' Zoa in the pic (thanks to 'Buddythelion').

GreenA_millipora082712.jpg~original

GreenA_millipora2082712.jpg~original

'Ultra-Blue' Montepora digitata encrusted base 1/2" frag. Polyps are true, bright 'purple-blue' in real life, but I haven't figured out how to show that with a photo taken under LEDs:

Ultra_BlueM_digitata082712.jpg~original

Nano sapiens
Corals look great! The speckled fire and ice are one of my favs and the blue monti is very stunning in person. :)

The speckled fire and ice is right out in front where I can keep an eye on it. It's quite a small Zoa, which is good, since in my tank the small Zoas seem to do better than the larger Palys. Hope it multiplies so I can give some back to you for your new tank :)

The 'Oxides' are open-closed-half open/closed...all day long. Guess they can't make up their minds...yet.

Yeah, the Ulta-blue digitata is stunning, even at only 1/2". Really unusual blue/purple polyps. I'm curious to see how the base coloration turns out and if/when it decides to grow 'fingers'.

The A. millipora is a challenge for a small AIO tank like this. I'll be feeding it every day alternating different foods to keep it 'fat and happy'.

Nano sapiens
Nice, make sure and update us, I love my zoas/palys. I actually recently added a few to my tank too.

Nice additions to your tank! I can usually keep Palys for a few weeks or maybe a few months, but they tend to close up and then slowly disappear. My little Zoas I've had for ages.

:D

Wish me luck with all these little mini-frags/polyps. Looking at maybe 2020 when everything's grown in fingerscrossed

lol. I thought so too but my tank goes through ebbs and flows of growth.

You think something hasn't grown and then boom, all of a sudden.

Nano sapiens
lol. I thought so too but my tank goes through ebbs and flows of growth.

You think something hasn't grown and then boom, all of a sudden.

So true. Since I look at my tank daily, and I hope I'm not alone, the changes are often too subtle to notice. When I refer back to older pics it is often a real eye-opener!

However, with the new LEDs and increased feeding, the corals that I can see growth on a daily basis are all the Montis B)

Nano sapiens
looking very nice man. :D

Thanks. I see you put in a lot of work on your tank and stand. Really like the aquascape of your tank...very nice build, indeed.

• Nano sapiens changed the title to Nano Sapiens 12g - Ye Olde Mixed Reef
  • Christopher Marks locked this topic
  • Christopher Marks unlocked this topic