Coral Vue Hydros

Canon XSi or Nikon d40

cuboy

I understand what you all are saying, 9 times out of 10 you cant get good help in any of those stores anywhere. 5 years or more ago these stores paid much more and had knowledgeable sales people, but now due to the economy only pay a few dollars above minimum wage so you get a store full of 18 year old kids that dont know a lot about any of the products. I was the exception though, I actually own a DSLR and a High Def camcorder, and know how they work, why they work, and how to use them.

Reguardless of the norm, if you are into cameras and work in that position, you have hands on with just about every major model of camera available, point and shoot and DSLR, so you can get a really good idea about whats good quality and bad. Nikon is nothing special, in fact I would try my best not to sell them, because people ust bring them back and we get stuck with them selling them for less than cost as open box cameras.

I sold digital cameras for close to 5 years and was the supervisor of the department, yeah I remember when 4mp was as high as it got, and when the Rebel XT first came out. They wish I worked there still, I could get my job back in a mille second. I also use a DSLR al the time, and took a couple years of photography in school. I am not your average sales person.

I am not trying to bash Nikon for no good reason. They really are lacking, and I would be pizzed if I was buying a camera and someone knew these things and didnt tell me.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SaltWaterNewb
You didnt address one single point I brought up as to why canon is better than nikon. I am not just saying it sucks, I am proving it lol.

Your right MP's dont mean anything the sensor does, and my 4mp camera has a CMOS sensor, something your Nikon is lacking.

"I cant prove it but say what you want but nikon doesnt suck!"

Hahahaha I bet your name on photography forums is PhotographyNewb lol! :lol:

Well then throw up some pics ehh?

You know what, I am not disputing that Canon might have better sensors or whatever else. I am calling you because you are a ##### and there is no need to bash Nikon. I will wager everything that I own that in the hands of someone that has a clue a Nikon will produce pictures just as good as a Canon.

I have posted several pictures here. I don't remember seeing any of yours except your poor attempt to make yourself out as some kinda sexy nano-reef icon by posting pathetic photos of yourself barely dressed.

And here is a link to a few shots I have taken with my Nikon. Not saying that they are the greatest in the world but they don't "suckz" either.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...=166678&hl=

Plenty of great pics in my tank thread, in fact hundreds. I am a nano reef icon because of my tank and my knowledge, not how I look thank you very much. I just happen to be a model too.

Post some pics then, lets see whos look better.

I am just talking about cameras, not making it personal like you. Obviously you cannot prove any of your points other than you own a Nikon and dont like the fact that canons are better and someone is telling people about it, so that makes me a biotch right?

I have no reason to bash nikon right? People dont need to know that canon has superior sensors or that nikon uses sony parts. GMAFB. The cameras are lacking and people deserve to know. Too bad if you dont like that but it doesnt make me in the wrong. You throwing your little tantrum and calling people names is really uncalled for.

Those pics are great, but anyone can do that, bug pics and animal pics are easy. Lets see some coral macro pics. Thats what takes the skill.

Plenty of great pics in my tank thread, in fact hundreds. I am a nano reef icon because of my tank and my knowledge, not how I look thank you very much. I just happen to be a model too.

Are you for real?? A nano reef icon?? Give me a break... do you even realize how conceited you sound?

Are these the "great pics" you are referring to?

I just got a new macro lens, and my corals have been growing like crazy, so here are a few new pics!

IMG_9397.JPG

IMG_9436.JPG

IMG_9400.JPG

IMG_9401.JPG

IMG_9406.JPG

IMG_9407.JPG

IMG_9408.JPG

IMG_9410.JPG

IMG_9412.JPG

IMG_9415.JPG

IMG_9417.JPG

IMG_9420.JPG

IMG_9421.JPG

IMG_9424.JPG

IMG_9426.JPG

IMG_9429.JPG

IMG_9432.JPG

And a FTS

IMG_9379.JPG

I take better pics with my Panasonic P&S...

artprojectnrresize.jpg

anemonenrartprojectresize.jpg

chicocloseup2.jpg

newacan080308.jpg

sarcoreefslides.jpg

closeupacan72708.jpg

Those are just from scanning my first 3 pages on my photobucket account... there are over 20 more pages of pics, all of which blow away your "great" pics taken with your superior camera. Most of your photos are overexposed, undersaturates, and out of focus.

Oh but your shots I posted are old... maybe your skills have improved since then. Here are some from yesterday...

I will do that Glenn, first frag is yours!

Hahaha so I found some old pics I couldnt help but post!

This is the so called "famous" red cap a few years back lol. What a reward to look at it now!

IMG_3278.JPG

My huble beginnings...dont laugh!

IMG_3515.jpg

IMG_3894.JPG

I miss the double sides look!

IMG_0499.jpg

IMG_4259.JPG

And I know some of yall thinks cats and stuff are funny, here are my babys Rexford and Sasafras!

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

Oooops, no your skills havent improved... still out of focus. An what the hell is with the "model" shot. Who do you think you are turning on?? LAME.

Jesse

SaltWaterNewb

You are stupid. Coral pictures are where the skill is at? Are you f'ing kidding me? How is a coral shot more skillful that bugs, flowers, animals or anything else?

Duncan-1.jpg

Paly.jpg

SaltWaterNewb

And here is 62 pages of Nikon vs. Canon from over at Reef 2 Reef. It was done in fun but anyone that looks at even a few pages will see that Canon is NOT better than Nikon. Who cares if Sony makes the sensor. Who cares if it is older technology. The fact is that the end results are the same. Great pictures from either camera brand. I don't like Canon but you will never see a thread where I bash them. So go be an icon in your own mind, little girl and take some more of those great earth shattering oh so skillful tank and coral shots.

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9195

You are stupid. Coral pictures are where the skill is at? Are you f'ing kidding me? How is a coral shot more skillful that bugs, flowers, animals or anything else?

Duncan-1.jpg

Paly.jpg

Get over yourself..Coral shots are EASY...stuff doesnt move..ANY decent Point and shoot can get the same results of a DSLR in the coral pics stuff..They are EASY..Do you always cry about this stuff?

summers.enemy

This thread brings the lulz fo sho. ;-)

As a fellow nano reef icon, I find it odd that STD keeps arguing her point over and over again. If all she is truly interested in is keeping consumers aware about camera differences (reference quote: "I am not trying to bash Nikon for no good reason. They really are lacking, and I would be pizzed if I was buying a camera and someone knew these things and didnt tell me.) one could reasonably assume that the point would have been made and the thread could move on.

As an uncrappy photographer, I can produce the same image on a similar Nikon or Canon camera without any extra difficulty aside from relearning the menu systems and button positions. I would assume anyone remotely familiar with DSLRs could do the same with no difficulty. So again, why the animosity towards people of a neutral and educated position?

To add to the original poster, who's question we should all be here to answer.... Do you have any lenses or gear invested in either system? Have you held the cameras and shot a bit with them? Those are the two most important factors in buying a camera. As a small handed person, I have yet to find a camera that really fits my hand. And let me tell you, once someone comes out with one I will be a customer for life.

SaltWaterNewb
Get over yourself..Coral shots are EASY...stuff doesnt move..ANY decent Point and shoot can get the same results of a DSLR in the coral pics stuff..They are EASY..Do you always cry about this stuff?

Who me? Get over myself? I am not the one saying that corals are the skill shots. Little miss priss is the one that thinks corals are the end all of photography.

All those pics are super old, dig a little deeper I'm sure you will find more less than perfect pics. I never touch up any of my shots, and those were taken right after I got the lens, before I got good with it. My new shots are much better.

Your colors are totally shopped too reefman23, WTG!. Just like your avatar lol, what are those rainbow zoas? Photoshop is for crappy photogs. I upload my pics of the card. B)

Oh but your shots I posted are old... maybe your skills have improved since then. Here are some from yesterday...

Your a total moron....You were so anxious to make your point you didnt even read. Those were old pics too, even older than the ones you first posted lol. I posted them as such to show my tanks from years ago. Awesome job proving nothing! Go back and read it in your own post.....

Hahaha so I found some old pics I couldnt help but post!

Here are some recent shots.

DSC01103.JPG

DSC010861.JPG

DSC010821.JPG

DSC010702.JPG

DSC01855.JPG

DSC010791.JPG

Its a lot harder to shoot tank shots and get the colors right without shopping like reefman23 because of the color of the lighting versus bugs in sunlight. And your pics have no color SaltWaterNewb. What model nikon do you have exactly?

This is a dumb arguement. You all can argue over skill all you want, and your right summers.enemy any good photog can get a similar image with any dslr, but it doesnt mean one camera isnt better than another.

Nikon is inferior to Canon and over priced when it comes to the average begginer dslr customer.

Who me? Get over myself? I am not the one saying that corals are the skill shots. Little miss priss is the one that thinks corals are the end all of photography.

yea I missed the question mark..I was drunk lastnight

SaltWaterNewb
Its a lot harder to shoot tank shots because of the color of the lighting versus bugs in sunlight. And your pics have no color SaltWaterNewb. What model nikon do you have exactly?

Here are some recent shots.

DSC01103.JPG

DSC010861.JPG

DSC010821.JPG

DSC010702.JPG

DSC01855.JPG

DSC010791.JPG

Those shots are just how they look in the tank. They are not colorful corals. I could PS them and make them pretty for you if you like. I am shooting a D200 BTW.

And if those are the best examples that you have showing off your skills and your Canon cameras, well then you FAIL

Haha actually I shot those with a Sony HDR-SR5 4mp camcorder. And sorry if you dont think the coral is colorful but they are a lot more colorful than the corals you posted lol. Got anything better, how about a FTS to get some lolz at?

Colorful compared to what, this lol? I wouldnt even buy that coral. I have seen better looking aiptasia.

Paly.jpg

Anyone can photoshop them and make them look better, just like reefman23's pics. Thats what you have to do when you cant take pictures the right way.

D200 still uses a CCD sensor. You paid way too much for an inferior camera, no wonder you are pizzed. You should have got a 20d or 30d, and spent the extra money on some nice corals, since the best example you have suck.

I try to make my pics look just like my corals look in real life. Isnt that the point of taking pictures? I guess yours just need to be jazzed up a bit because you dont have any nice corals lol.

I dont really think there is anything funny about that pic other than there are three girls who are all way out of your league, one of which is a much better reefer than you, and an actual professional photographer, but if you say so lets chuckle! :lol:

C'mon lets see some more coral shots or a FTS? Please? Dont make me hunt one down!

SaltWaterNewb

I am still waiting for one of those "professional" looking shots you keep talking about. Anything you have posted here is NOT one of them so still waiting.

I dont really think there is anything funny about that pic other than there are two out of three girls who are hot, and the other one is a professional photographer in her own mind, but if you say so lets chuckle! :lol:

C'mon lets see some more coral shots or a FTS? Please? Dont make me hunt one down!

I am still waiting for one of those "professional" looking shots you keep talking about. Anything you have posted here is NOT one of them so still waiting.

I never said my shots looked professional, I am no pro. However much like your tanks look, mine look much better looking than yours.

Hahaha you made me hunt them down! No wonder you dont have any nice tank shots. GTFO out man hahahaha!

Fulltank.jpg

Zoas.jpg

Bwhahahahaha. Nice tank man!

Just excited so I had to spread my joy. My Nikon D200 and MB-D200 arrived today and the Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 should be here tomorrow. I will without a doubt get some shots up soon.

No wonder you are pizzed, you just bought the camera.....You bought a d200 in 2008 hahahahah....Talk about out of date.

Seriously I dont want to make you look any worse, just stop now lol.

SaltWaterNewb
I dont really think there is anything funny about that pic other than there are three girls who are all way out of your league, one of which is a much better reefer than you, and an actual professional photographer, but if you say so lets chuckle! :lol:

I never said my shoots looked professional, I am no pro. However much like your tanks look, mine look much better looking than yours.

Hahaha you made me hunt them down! No wonder you dont have any nice tank shots. GTFO out man hahahaha!

Bwhahahahaha. Nice tank man!

No wonder you are pizzed, you just bought the camera.....You bought a d200 in 2008 hahahahah....Talk about out of date.

Seriously I dont want to make you look any worse, just stop now lol.

Archived