inTank Media Baskets

Neuwave's Edge of the Reef

neuwave

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is one nice setup you got there. I love all your corals especially that prize winning Acan colony. Would like to find some scoly like yours somewhere here. haha

That is one nice setup you got there. I love all your corals especially that prize winning Acan colony. Would like to find some scoly like yours somewhere here. haha

Thanks for looking. Ha ha ya that giant acan colony has been with me for a while. It was a tad bigger but had a little run in with stn. But I finally was able to stop it from receding. Now it's growing like crazy. And if you want a scoly like this, the store I got it from has two let that are a tad smaller and and about $40.

i am looking for some small frags mini colonies of SPS. Do you know what store i should look into?

Depends. WWC lost 90% of their sps in their tank move and they are slowly getting frags back in stock. But oceans direct has maricultured colonies for 30-50 bucks but they are waiting to get the second store open in the next week or so they have a few in stock. Though they are getting a small shipment in the next couple of days. You just have to color some of the colonies up. Though Sea in the city has a few colonies in stock, about 70-90 bucks. And a few nice size frags for 30-50 bucks. Ocean blue and aquaria studio have a few but 80-90 bucks. I haven't seen spectacular lately. A lot of common stuff like tri colors and a milie here and there.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the great info. much appreciated! I will have to wait because I am trying to get a better lighting fixture and just having a hard time choosing between DIY or ati, tek, or giesemann fixtures.

Anyways, any good updates on your tank. I like how you have an ottoman for your fish storage. Good thinking!

P.s. you gotta show me where did you order the red spotted cardinals. I so wants them in my breeder with my PBT. Lol he is the only one in there right now beside a sharknose cleaner goby.

Really dig the scape, including all your tenants ;)

Thanks. I'm always looking for different ways to scape a tank. And my new nano which should be wet in 4 days is one of my favorite scapes to date. I'll start a new thread for it sooner or later.

Thanks for the great info. much appreciated! I will have to wait because I am trying to get a better lighting fixture and just having a hard time choosing between DIY or ati, tek, or giesemann fixtures.

Anyways, any good updates on your tank. I like how you have an ottoman for your fish storage. Good thinking!

P.s. you gotta show me where did you order the red spotted cardinals. I so wants them in my breeder with my PBT. Lol he is the only one in there right now beside a sharknose cleaner goby.

Thanks the ottoman was totally worth it. Plenty of storage in that thing.

As for the cardinals, sea in the city had them but Jess the manager said she won't order them ever again cause they die too easy during shipping. I've asked numerous stores to order them and no luck with anyone. Though I found a supplier in Cali who carries them. I've emailed him a couple of times and he said he can fly them in for 12 bucks a fish including shipping. I'm going for a dozen or more. I'll probably order them in about a month. Only reason I'm waiting is because a buddy of mine is opening a reef store in about 2 weeks. So when he gets his order list he's gonna check for me. fingerscrossed

Sound like you getting ready to setup a new tank right? i am excited! Can't wait to check it out soon

Whenever you decide to get them red spot cardinals let me know because i would like to purchase a bunch of them too, maybe you can talk to the guy in Cali and make a deal with them if we order a lot. (just saying) i have been looking for them too. Matter of fact i need to start building a fish protection net for my tank too, after reading your entire thread i learned few advice from you to be safe then sorrow later..

What's the next tank you gonna do?

Sound like you getting ready to setup a new tank right? i am excited! Can't wait to check it out soon

Whenever you decide to get them red spot cardinals let me know because i would like to purchase a bunch of them too, maybe you can talk to the guy in Cali and make a deal with them if we order a lot. (just saying) i have been looking for them too. Matter of fact i need to start building a fish protection net for my tank too, after reading your entire thread i learned few advice from you to be safe then sorrow later..

What's the next tank you gonna do?

Sure I'll find out about adding extra redspots to the order. Ya the new tank is almost done. I'm just waiting for the sump's silicone to dry. Water and some live rock already cycled in a waiting bin next to my bed. Lol

Rimless of course with a bigger than normal sump pump so it lessons the need for power heads. I've had the tank for a while but just didn't have the space to set it up again. Hint...it looks more like a Amano tank instead of a normal reef you see.

I Definitly try to be safe than sorry but I don't always follow the "rules" of reefs. I have crazy ideas. Ha ha

• 4 weeks later...
hey there! i also live in orlando. what lfs do you use? thanks!

You stole my question haha I have been looking but stores around here in Deltona but they don't seem to stay open long :P

Ha ha few posts back I posted some info of the stores. Also if your in deltona and don't mind driving east, check out Posiden aquarium and Amazing Aquariums in Daytona. Both owners are really cool guys.

Raw vid of clown fish similar link to above. Need to learn more features of my camera but still fun. Lol

surgicalsense

Did you start the new nano up yet?

... my issue will be making sure I am able to recapture the layout of my scape and put it back together after I move.

Did you start the new nano up yet?

... my issue will be making sure I am able to recapture the layout of my scape and put it back together after I move.

Yep it's all set up. It's been wet for almost 3 weeks now. I cement all my rock together usually in 3-4 pieces so reassemble of an aquascape becomes pretty easy.

Some raw pics from Atlantis and a couple of vids. Enjoy

81007854.jpg

c5622cae.jpg

e3fb9456.jpg

66b213c7.jpg

81c00a24.jpg

a1b88f45.jpg

b6bd3aa8.jpg

Best/fresh conch salad ever! His name is Speedy.

18453b7d.jpg

Slow motion:

Just a couple quick pics before bed. When I get a macro lens the pics will be a lot better.

ac3682b8.jpg

8a746cd3.jpg

The male looks like a toy to me for some reason. Lack of focus. Lol

d6156b6d.jpg

b1ae977f.jpg

6dfa12f1.jpg

c4aae31f.jpg

a05783f1.jpg

d'Espresso

How do you get so much purple Coraline algae? I am jelly. But nice shot by the way!

Oh yeah, I got some great deals on the scoly but they are kinda in a bad health for the moment, hopefully I can bring them back colorful and plump. How is your doing and do you feed it? And what kind?

How do you get so much purple Coraline algae? I am jelly. But nice shot by the way!

Oh yeah, I got some great deals on the scoly but they are kinda in a bad health for the moment, hopefully I can bring them back colorful and plump. How is your doing and do you feed it? And what kind?

Lol The Coraline has grown like crazy. It's funny some people say that LEDs can't grow Coraline but mine grows like no tomorrow. Except when phospates show up, then it inhibits it's growth.

Did you buy the red or green ones from OD? They had a couple for like 29.99. Anyway mine was a tad sunken in and stress at first. Though it has started to fatten up. I go to publix and buy whole shrimp. Then chop it and I've some to the fish, nems and and large lps like the scoly. The more it eats The better it looks.

The fish monger gives me a weird look when I ask for 1/4 or 1/8 lb of shrimp. But its for the good of the coral. Ha ha

Archived