Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Neuwave's Edge of the Reef

neuwave

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So after a long long time, I set up anther nano. I took a photo of the empty tank somewhere on my thread a couple of pages back. The aquascape isn't totally done but its been running fishless for about 6 and half months. Since the setup isn't what I like I haven't started a thread build yet. It has some coral, chateo, live rock etc.

blah blah blah but....

I finally got something I've always wanted. I got a pair of Solomon Island wild clowns. They weren't ordered but just in the right place at the right time. B)

e91098b8.jpg

c048f9b8.jpg

a067b915.jpg

fa7d991b.jpg

• 5 months later...

:tears: It's been 3 days minus the 1 year aniversary of death. When my fish lost power during my move and their transfer buckets deprived them of air. Got a text at work today saying one of my tanks drained!! The smaller one with my wild caught clowns. Got home and it was dry to the bone.

Then went to check on my bigger tank and its power was out (breaker tripped). No one at home noticed the big tank was dark while cleaning up the water from the smaller tank. Can't blame my roommates since they know zip about tanks, I guess.

I was just about to borrow a nikon dslr to take pics of my potters angel since he was going on his 11 month anniversary. He was going to be my male for my next upgrade as I was going to breed potters this time instead of flames. My red spot cardinals who had eggs! Also died from lack of oxygen (all of them). All my corals seem fine though. Only fish I have left is one my small clown in the big tank and one high fin goby.

I'm so depressed, angry, sad, pissed off and much more. Lost for words.

All these guys will be missed. Porcelain grave :tears:

13f73b51.jpg

That suuuuucks :(

Completely sucks. I also was eyeing two female potters at my lfs last week. Was gonna give my potters a mini family. So that way next spring I could have had the chance to have babies. Now have to start from scratch. Again!

I am so sorry for your loss! That's horrible.

Glad all the other tank inhabitants are okay.

:(

Thanks

All my corals are fine which is a positive. Just loss fish. So I'll be working on getting anther potters when my lfs gets their Hawaii shipment in. Always one of my favorite angels. Also I'm goon to try and order a dozen redspots for a schooling effect.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah, sorry dude that totally sucks

good news is you didnt lose any of your corals though. Those take a lot more time and patients to grow out like you have them

Sorry for the ridiculous un-timley response. I don't check my thread enough.

Bummer sorry to hear about your fish... So how did you pair up your Flame Angels? Or did you just got a few randomly?

No, I have alot of great LFS in town and when one of them got their Hawaiin shipment in, the owner had ordered a dozen. He called me that he got some older juvies in. Dwarf angels are like clownfish in a way. The most dominant one will become the male. But its more delicate with angels than clowns because neither back down as easy.. The two fish are equal in size and demeanor. Also I planned on Not creating a pair. You have better results introducing atleast three at the same time. I did choose all three fish with the idea of which one could be a potential male and two females.

Ah, sorry dude that totally sucks

good news is you didnt lose any of your corals though. Those take a lot more time and patients to grow out like you have them

Thanks, all is better now. So far so good, but as of now I think I'm in trouble. I have tooo many corals. I even have corals in the sump! I need to upgrade. I am already desigining a larger tank which could be a 150 or a 180 gallon tank. But I'm not rich so I'm saving up for a new tank. But I'm going all out and when I save up enough..... Rimless 150 or 180. :happy:

Though I'm also working on a new nano. It's rimless but it's gonna be a Nature aquarium, amano style reef.

Sorry to hear about the fish. I really like the look of your tank.

Thanks. I'll have to take some new pics soon. I've added a bunch of additions.

I'm so addicted to this hobby, that I just gotta keep on reefing. Ha ha

• 2 months later...

Well I still don't have a nice camera and I just got home from work and school. First things first, stare into my tank and relax. Then I though I'll post something. Even though the pics sucks cause all is got is my camera phone. But what the heck.

Thought this was funny, Acan eating hermit.

41935c72.jpg

My bam bams have grown a tad as well as purple deaths right behind.

2d101f33.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I usually don't check my thread but just happened to take a nano reef break from studying. Ha ha

There are a lot of stores here.

There's Ocean direct - the fish are fantastic with a range of selection. Numerous frags of chalices, some need to color up but at a great price. Owner is a great guy and always willing to work with you. The taller blonde guy Kevin is the most knowledgable there. They are currently upgrading their store which should look real nice. Ton of nice inverts.

Aquaria studio or Ocean blue - same owner but great corals and the owner Vin knows his water chemistry better than just about anybody. Fish are good priced and corals have fantastic colors. A tad expensive on the coral but coral health is real good. Aquaria studio has amazing aquascaped tanks. If you want to learn how to scape your live rock, this is the place to go.

World wide corals- The most well known shop. Coral health is amazing and their show tanks are breath taking. Employees know their stuff. The only thing is price. They have chalices and lps galore and you want to take all of them home, but then again you can buy one of the same corals in anther store for half the price. So I don't go there much. I buy one not as colored up eleswhere and color it up myself at home. But if you want corals at full color they have a good selection. Fish selection is basic. Mostly designer clowns and tangs.

Fishy business - unless you want freshwater it's just a place I stay away from. Owners hates everybody.

Coral Reef - they are from Daytona and have minimum selection of fish and decent beginner frags but once in a blue moon you find something nice.

Sea in the city- nice employees and good selection of corals. Fish don't seem to ever change and always have the same stock every week. Jess the manager is knowledgable and always happy to help. Nice store and good for nano reefers. Worth checking out their corals.

Would love to see some new FTS of this tank, it has by far one of thee best scapes I've ever seen :)

Thanks. I always like to try new aquascapes out. I have a new scape in the wings on a small rimless in my room. It should be getting wet next week. :happy:

I need a better camera though. Maybe I'll grab my iPhone and shoot a couple for fun later. Tank is filling in nicely and my new fish stock list comprises of a flame wrasse pair, flame back angel, two Solomon clowns and too many corals to list.

But guess your right, I'm a tad overdue for a fts.

I shop in orlando also. Sea in the City is the best i have found. AMAZING displays, great health on all critters, reasonable prices!

I had an extra pic on my iPad so...why the hell not upload it. Sorry about quality.

My Orange bta it has crazy bright orange tips. For $25 bucks I have No complaints.

d4b71776.jpg

Well tried to get a fts but the LEDs are so bright even when turned down they white out the whole top of the tank. So got some decent shots of the corals. They'll have to do for now.

My Harley that ate all the zoa eating asterinas starfish. All those sponges have been growing for years.

It looks natural to me.

Picture13.jpg

New scoly bottom left, orange and pink and red and wish I had a better camera. :angry:

Picture10.jpg

Scoly again

33f7cd98.jpg

6df65d7b.jpg

Obta bottom and pink/red tipped bta above. With purple rimmed, green cap.

7f7736e6.jpg

23f37afb.jpg

Flame wrasse next to healing chalice. When it's fully healed all red disappears except for eyes and rim.

95688433.jpg

e5442aaa.jpg

Regular orange cap

0d0b8489.jpg

Looks really good :)

Thanks I'll try to borrow a camera to get you that fts.

I really like how you went for a "tiered" look

Thanks. I wanted levels but dispersed front to back rather than just 3-4 flat rocks stacked like a giant frag rag. Always a work in progress.

Couple more pics forgot to upload.

My flame back

Picture23.jpg

Male flame wrasse that has a lot more yellow than the pic shows.

Picture37.jpg

Archived