Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Neuwave's Edge of the Reef

neuwave

Since most of those corals don't grow too much of a hard skeleton, as long as you keep up with water changes the calcium supplied in the salt mix should keep those corals happy. As funny as it sounds those are the same corals my roomie has and with his 30% water changes a week, his water tests are great. So you should be fine as long as keep up with the water changes especially since the frags are gonna be small. If you cant find a LFS that can test your water ask a fellow hobbyist or local club to see if they would be willing to test the calcium levels for you when the corals begin to get big. Careful of the nem since it can move and sting the frags you are getting. It's pretty hardy and can get big fairly fast.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
callmesaul8889
Since most of those corals don't grow too much of a hard skeleton, as long as you keep up with water changes the calcium supplied in the salt mix should keep those corals happy. As funny as it sounds those are the same corals my roomie has and with his 30% water changes a week, his water tests are great. So you should be fine as long as keep up with the water changes especially since the frags are gonna be small. If you cant find a LFS that can test your water ask a fellow hobbyist or local club to see if they would be willing to test the calcium levels for you when the corals begin to get big. Careful of the nem since it can move and sting the frags you are getting. It's pretty hardy and can get big fairly fast.

k thats what i was hoping, ill just stick to soft corals and be happy :) i have a calcium test kit so i can test it and check everything out. also, i'm planning on ditching the nem sooner than later. he did move around a bit for the first few weeks, but he's been in the same spot for a good month, i dont think he's going anywhere in a hurry..

anyway, back to your thread, love the flame angels! i almost ordered one for my next fish, but i dont have the means to set up a QT tank and I don;t want to risk putting any pest or parasites in my tank. they look great, and ill be tagging along in this thread.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks captin lol so that's your avitar....lol

well radiator hose just broke on the side of the road so why not jump online and upload some pics. Lol what else to do while broken down for he next hour or so.

Update... A store went out of business and got some frags for cheap.

Dendro for 10 bucks! Alittle closed up but have been feeding everyday and polyps coming out.

99989cd2.jpg

also this Yuma for 20 with a ton of blue star ployps and xenia and such but all I kept was the yuma and gave the rest to roommate.

6ebc246c.jpg

Here is a lobo that is at anther store deciding if I should get it? Opinions??????? Need more lps so should I? Lol

d8c393bb.jpg

lastly found his guy with some of the palys from the closing store. 5 bucks for the palys so why the heck not.

ed709544.jpg

A monster! Lol sorry guys had to get rid of this one it kinda stung me on the tip of my finger went numb for a couple hours so no way I was gonna let him in my tank:

Thanks curly I waited months before posting about the angels but finally broke down. And said what the heck. Lol

Nice (on the lights). They look great.

I wouldn't think it's weird that a bristle worm stung you. Did you put vinegar or hydrocortisone on the affected area?

• 2 months later...

looks like today turned out to be alot longer than I expected.

But so much has happenend to my tank...where, where to begin.

For the past few weeks I've been battling my water parameters, and pests.

To start with I thought about trading in my Tropic marin for some neomarine. I love the other products so why not that salt. Sadly it threw my water parameters up and down so much my ph and alk started to chart like a heart monitor every few days. Then it seemed to flatline.__________________ :wacko:

So back to Tropic marin and all is getting better and my corals are recovering from the shock. But due to these trouble times, I lost my tabling acro and my red seafan. There is a glimmer of Hope. I saved just one frag about an inch in length of the acro. Hopefully it'll make it back. As for the sea fan it just started to fall apart piece by piece. But by some miracle with the new stable water and return to my old salt mix. It is starting to make a comback.

In the photo you can see a small branch and a cluster ball of new red growth. Today I saw some small white polyps coming out. Yea!

3bd08c12.jpg

Next came the acro eating nudi's. Sorry no pick of them just got an iphone and couldn't get a good shot. But for pest number two it is a species of acro eating box snail. I woke up one morning and saw white trails all down my purple acro. I found two snails. I checked and doubled checked the corals to see any others but haven't seen any in a few weeks and the corals are healing nicely.

19695735.jpg

The dendros have started to color up real nice and the mouths are becoming a darker orange to red color.

f700c913.jpg

9a5f5af0.jpg

Pics of my coco worm that has grown its crown back nicely. During the salt mix craziness it shed it's crown and over the past month it grew back into this.

8d7cb1c7.jpg

9ad3c4a1.jpg

New Yuma for 10 bucks that was drab army green and now pink is appearing in its disk.

b94f9425.jpg

New aussie chalice recovering from salt mix.

b21c23ff.jpg

New palys that have no name. From the Wild lol. They are starting to color up and green and pink is really starting to come through.

fd536018.jpg

f1dc9e0a.jpg

New mini blastos

321fd852.jpg

This is 1 out of 6 bumblee shrimp in the tank. They love to ride snails, cucumbers, hermits and anything else that dosen't mind a passanger.

ad1f388a.jpg

List of things haven't photoed yet.

Some peach/metalic zoas, new blue-ish/green bonsai acro frag (great growth), 2 blue rics, more bumblee shrimp, 2 pom-pom's, blueberry gorg which eats like crazy!, purple deaths, green with purple base yuma, 2 baby orange yumas that got pooped out this past month and I know I'm missing something else. Dam I got to get to work on some more photos.

Due to my 2nd light on the fritz my camera isn't getting the best shots. Hopefully I'l have it repaired by the end of the week.

Lastly, a new Tank!! A rimless 15 gallon for my new onyx clown. On the search for a stand. I will start posting pics of the build when I find a stand. So between part shopping for the new tank and working on my current setup, didn't get a chance to post what I wanted. So this is just the start, hope you guys enjoy. :happy:

Have a bit more time before bed. Couple of quick photos.

New! Blueberry one of my favorite corals. It loves Cyclop-eeze, and the fauna marin (seafan/gorg formulas).

bcb6c3dd.jpg

New lobo and has a tye-dye effect on the inside. At the store it had a troubled experience from shipping and was not in the best condition. The side had a tear and color wasn't all that pretty but I think its got great potential. I'll have a better pic up soon when I mount it to the rock.

7910140a.jpg

Size increase of the orange yuma. Slightly stretched because of the lighting issue I'm having at the moment.

d75f0ae6.jpg

New Random Zoas for 6 bucks.

d86f6791.jpg

New St thomas mushroom that finally started eating last week. Also color seems to be changing from the slithgly drap brown to redish and everyday it seems better and better.

9a81aa1c.jpg

• Like 1

unfortunatly that blueberry gorgonian is going to die no matter what you do. I gave mine all sort of food many time per days and it died anyway. I gave Fauna marin ultra seafan, ultra min F, marine snow, rotifeast, oysterfeast, DT live phytoplankton, golden pearl and you name it! It just died anyway, but very very slowly, over about 3 to 4 months.

It cannot eat clyclopeeze because the mouth on the polyps is too small to swallow something that big.

Good luck with it and enjoy it while it last. Maybe mine was sick, not sure, as it looked kind of already dammaged when I bought it. Hope yours make it.

What I did with mine is to glue blue clove polyps on it so that eventualy they will cover it up all over and I will have a little tree covered in blue clove instead of blue gorgonian polyps. Not the best but at least I salvaged it.

As for the bristle worm, I have a few bigger than that and each time I feed my mandarin it comes out and I feed the worms as well. It's kind of cool to see them swallow little fish roe eggs.

It's been a while since I've posted anything on this site just been lurking in the background. Some new corals but no pics of the harem of flame angels yet. lost cord to camera so these are just iphone pics. Tank did lack alittle Ca for a while so the growth was small on the corals but now I have more $$$ and back in business.

Blastos

015.jpg

The birdsnest has gotten a bit bigger.

018.jpg

The tri-color got from local store around 65 bucks for whole pice, not too bad.

020.jpg

I have't seeing that many people from Orlando Fl. in this forum.I actually started in the hobby not that long ago and don't know anybody with Saltwater Aquariums.It'll be nice to have somebody to ask for pointers and learn from.I see that You like Acro's,the LFS that I visit are certified on that and they have a ton of them in the store.Hit Me up sometime and by the way Your rock work is amazing very different from what I have seen.

Couple of new updates. :happy:

Together my yuma trio.

64c127e1.jpg

Lobo looking better and some kind of red and green tye dye effect on the inside.

b8687200.jpg

2 Mushrooms with blue snowflake type patterns on them.

8ff1d1e2.jpg

New aussie duncans

c6319697.jpg

New zoas from the lfs starting to color up. hope to get a better pic when my lights are back in working order. Hopefully this weekend.

b1becda8.jpg

Archived