inTank Media Baskets

Neuwave's Edge of the Reef

neuwave

Updates required here :)

:ninja: Only you sir knows what new inside the reef. Haha! We need an update of your tank!

Sorry guys. Been so busy with final exams and work. Put a fork I me I'm done.

BUT....... I just spent the past 5 hours: balancing, breaking, catching, cleaning, cutting, dosing, dipping, drilling, dropping, fragging, fixing, epoxy-ing, lifting, rearranging, scrapping, spilling, snipping and testing my tank.

So pics will have to wait for mañana.

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news .....Bad news.... the rose nem made it thru and split. Bad news, the "guts" of the rose apparently fell on top of the sebae nem during the night. Somehow it explelled its inards completely out during the night. Found the remains partially inside the mouth of the sebae. Not sure exactly what happend but the sebae shrivelled up was "poisioned" or something and lost the sebae. So pi$$ed. Haven't lost a nem in years. :angry:

Also this little univalve (brain lapse forgot name) ate thru my sponge that was growing in my tank. The sponge came from nothig and has grown to 4 inches in height and 2 inches around. You can see the one did it.....

But new POM POM CRAB

This the second pom pom crab for this tank. This guy split its nem into 2 within 24hours of in the tank.

100_0186.jpg

Lots going on ... sorry to read about the issues and loss

Lots going on ... sorry to read about the issues and loss

Thanks for concern about the loss but that was in 2009. Lol

Here some pics.

My Scarlett's favorite place. They love to relax on the monti.

eba6a5ec7244067651afffd1ba58fe78.jpg

fc575f4bd836be51f6033dfdc98f4f37.jpg

After AEFW. Color is returning. Can't wait for this one to take off.

97bfced8954ab94cbba347fe7bfc9fa1.jpg

Acan is growing nicely.

340ac81530344f149dfae0d95d2acfae.jpg

Duncan needs a new place in the tank. It has grown from 2 polyps to "too many". Lol

04603118091ee7699439a495c53c2242.jpg

• Like 1

Nice bta!! What kind is it? Could be red or rainbow hmm.

It's really orange with hints of red through out the tentacles and with a green disk. It didn't have a "name" from a vendor but it came on a shipment from a LFS, Sea in the city and "I just had to have it." Lol

Also I want to find a lemon drop and flame tip bta some day. Also a red ritteri. Then my clownfish nem collection will be complete.

Thanks for concern about the loss but that was in 2009. Lol

Here some pics.

My Scarlett's favorite place. They love to relax on the monti.

After AEFW. Color is returning. Can't wait for this one to take off.

Acan is growing nicely.

Duncan needs a new place in the tank. It has grown from 2 polyps to "too many". Lol

Vely vely Nice ... :-)

Thanks Albert Trying to keep up with updates. :)

Thanks Neuwave ... I posted a lot of links to articles on pests and parasites today including a number that infest Acropora Corals which is probably the most kept SPS coral. It seems also that as time goes by that more and more of the parasites found in the wild are making their way into hobbyists tanks, at least that appears to be what has been happening for the last few years.

And how I got onto that topic is that a friend of mine who owns a Pet Store in downtown Atlanta has an issue with his Acropora and asked me if I could find him as much info as possible on Acropora pests and parasites, and since I had all the links I decided to post them to my thread as well.

Hopefully if anyone has the issue as well the links to all those articles will be of help of them

Happy New Year !

Deleted User 4

It's really orange with hints of red through out the tentacles and with a green disk. It didn't have a "name" from a vendor but it came on a shipment from a LFS, Sea in the city and "I just had to have it." Lol

Also I want to find a lemon drop and flame tip bta some day. Also a red ritteri. Then my clownfish nem collection will be complete.

Dude, sexycorals were selling couple lemon drops for $575!!! They sure on pot or something haha.

Have you checked out their site? Reefbuilders talked crap about them back in 11'. Here http://reefbuilders.com/2011/01/05/based-frag-pricing-sexy-corals-smoking-crack/

• Like 2

Dude, sexycorals were selling couple lemon drops for $675!!! They sure on pot or something haha.

Have you checked out their site? Reefbuilders talked crap about them back in 11'. Here http://reefbuilders.com/2011/01/05/based-frag-pricing-sexy-corals-smoking-crack/

Yes their prices are extremely high and i feel sorry for anyone who pays them the kind of money they want for say their chalices etc. Like reefbuilders said they must be smoking funny cigarettes indeed.

Deleted User 4

Yes their prices are extremely high and i feel sorry for anyone who pays them the kind of money they want for say their chalices etc. Like reefbuilders said they must be smoking funny cigarettes indeed.

Yuppp!

Thanks Albert Trying to keep up with updates. :)

Here are the lemondrops they were selling recently. http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/sexy-corals/104781-wow-lemon-drop-anemone-fireee.html

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

Hell ya!

I already asked to be put on the list for a clone on 12/29. :P

Couldn't resist.

lololol You're willing to spend that much??? Yikes.

Did you read the reefbuilders article or even check out their website?? hha

lololol You're willing to spend that much??? Yikes.

Did you read the reefbuilders article or even check out their website?? hha

Maybe. The price wasn't posted when I asked. Cause the clones were alrwady spoken for. But I do know someone who gets them for less than half the price. Though their connection hasn't had any in a while. Hopefully they will start carrying them again.

Deleted User 4

Maybe. The price wasn't posted when I asked. Cause the clones were alrwady spoken for. But I do know someone who gets them for less than half the price. Though their connection hasn't had any in a while. Hopefully they will start carrying them again.

Yeah I would so wait for that other connection,... I mean you can save $250!!! That's a good amount of coral spending right there haha.

Yeah I would so wait for that other connection,... I mean you can save $250!!! That's a good amount of coral spending right there haha.

That's right plenty of places to spend the extra $$. I just sent an email to the other guy if there is any hope of new arrivals. So time will tell. And with a little luck.

Deleted User 4

That's right plenty of places to spend the extra $$. I just sent an email to the other guy if there is any hope of new arrivals. So time will tell. And with a little luck.

Yupp, good luck man.

• 3 weeks later...

Still awake so I thought right b4 bed, upload a pic or 2. Finally got my 2-year old pom pom crab. And my tiger pistol shrimp.

100_0120.jpg

100_0122.jpg

100_0126.jpg

100_0128.jpg

100_0139.jpg

Do you still have that pic of that Conch ... ??? Sent you a PM ...

• 3 weeks later...

What's new, neuwave? :happydance:

We need some update progress Dave! Hope things get better for you soon!

Hey guys and girls. Sorry about the delay in updates. Been so busy with my engineering dynamics test, I've barley had time for my tank. But did pick up alittle something or a couple of little something's. At the moment I just did a water change and the tank is a tad stired up. So I will try to take some new pics in a day or so. Here's one to tide you over.

My new SCARLET bta.

48c2657fe4e87b394ded968b81b264e9_zpsaf6d

• Like 2

Hey guys and girls. Sorry about the delay in updates. Been so busy with my engineering dynamics test, I've barley had time for my tank. But did pick up alittle something or a couple of little something's. At the moment I just did a water change and the tank is a tad stired up. So I will try to take some new pics in a day or so. Here's one to tide you over.

My new SCARLET bta.

48c2657fe4e87b394ded968b81b264e9_zpsaf6d

Looking super D. and love those colors ...

Hope all goes well with your test and the inference to draw from your post is that "studies seriously interfere with reefkeeping" :-)

Albert

Looking super D. and love those colors ...

Hope all goes well with your test and the inference to draw from your post is that "studies seriously interfere with reefkeeping" :-)

Albert

Dynamics test is all done and just finishing up my Materials test. But I did a much needed water change. Now you can see how happy the corals are to get a fresh cleaning. Trying to take some new pics over the next day or so.

Archived