ReefCleaners.org

Neuwave's Edge of the Reef

neuwave

You are obviously doing a great job on your tank. Super.

Albert

Thanks Albert. Though I'm in a need of a water change and glass cleaning. I have a few new additions I want to photograph. Wish I had a mcaro lens because I want to take pics of my dragon face pipefish I got a week or so ago. Even though I know they need lots of pods which I can supplement, I really wanted him to eat frozen. So for the first time, last night, the little guy ate cyclopeeze! I'm really excited. I'm sure that the extra feeding my seafan is recieving benefits the pipefish. It's the perfect size for the pipefish to eat and with the sf multiple feedings, the fish finally took a bite. :happy:

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
albertthiel
Thanks Albert. Though I'm in a need of a water change and glass cleaning. I have a few new additions I want to photograph. Wish I had a mcaro lens because I want to take pics of my dragon face pipefish I got a week or so ago. Even though I know they need lots of pods which I can supplement, I really wanted him to eat frozen. So for the first time, last night, the little guy ate cyclopeeze! I'm really excited. I'm sure that the extra feeding my seafan is recieving benefits the pipefish. It's the perfect size for the pipefish to eat and with the sf multiple feedings, the fish finally took a bite. :happy:

You are welcome ... great job indeed and I think you are right, the type of feeding will benefit both indeed.

I would love to see a pic of that Pipefish for sure. I use my iPhone for most pics I take and that seems to work well for me although I am sure that if I used a professional camera they would come out even better.

OTOH using a phone is so much easier :-)

Thanks D, and also for posting a reply to Wombat on my thread ... now we just need some pics of it from the link you referred to ... (no rush but whenever you have time it would be appreciated by everyone I think)

Albert

albertthiel
Lol I've had the pistol for a little over three years or so. I had a hi fin goby with him for that time but the goby eventually pasted a few months back so the pistol has had no buddy since. That's why it's yasha time! :D

Yes a yasha or a Yellow Rose, which is what I put in the tank a few days ago, and of course as was to be expected since the Pistol was placed in a new tank, he decided to molt ...

Looks like he is coming around though as I saw some sand blowing up and around in the back of the thank (unfortunately the back which is not where I want him and the Goby) ....

• 2 weeks later...

So where have you beeen d? any new stuff or pictures of your new addition you have? So many LFS on sale this week and i don't know which one to go. lol

So where have you beeen d? any new stuff or pictures of your new addition you have? So many LFS on sale this week and i don't know which one to go. lol

Sorry buddy, I was bed ridden for the most of 2 weeks. My tank was on auto pilot. Barely had the energy to get to work. But feeling a lot better today. So I'm doing a water change on my tanks tonight cauae the lack of attention pissed off my corals a bit. But I should have everything back up to par soon.

See what happens when you move to Florida, stores galore and they are always competing against each other. I got like 5 emails from different stores saying, buy this get this free, this % off and then sale, clearence and more. I did get a new acro that's actually acclimating as I type. Blue coral coralites with green base. Of course I convinced myself that I can't live without it. I'll post pics soon as it settles in.

Tank is looking great! What tabling acro is that, very nice?

Thanks. I've had it for a while and this is the coral I was telling you about that when I added Potassium, it enhanced the green color on its base. It doesn't have a name or anything, it was one I just thought needed a happy home. If you were closer I'd just give you a frag. It's grown so must I'm always accidentally breaking off frags.

That chalice is sweet!!

Thanks. It is anther coral I've had a while and it is always my friends favorite when they see the tank. I gotta frag it one of these days.

If you have a clear close up of the coral I will ID it for you :)

Lol did you means species or a common name like big momma's mean green nuclear acro? :lol: I never gave it a common name.

awesome bro, can't wait for your WC and your updates. What acro did you pick up and where? i kinda going through a tank boredom at the moment. Looking for your updates so i can get all hype up again. Yea about those store deals here in florida just got me going crazy. i just don't know where to start. i have been going to vin OB store for awhile to talk about testing and water chem. He trying to convince me on getting that new rimlesss which i really want one someday when i get my own place for my daughter and that's when i will go all out.. lol

albertthiel
Sorry buddy, I was bed ridden for the most of 2 weeks. My tank was on auto pilot. Barely had the energy to get to work. But feeling a lot better today. So I'm doing a water change on my tanks tonight cauae the lack of attention pissed off my corals a bit. But I should have everything back up to par soon.

Thanks. It is anther coral I've had a while and it is always my friends favorite when they see the tank. I gotta frag it one of these days.

Hope you are feeling better ...

Did you state you needed an ID ? If so can you post a picture?

Thanks Neuwave

Albert

awesome bro, can't wait for your WC and your updates. What acro did you pick up and where? i kinda going through a tank boredom at the moment. Looking for your updates so i can get all hype up again. Yea about those store deals here in florida just got me going crazy. i just don't know where to start. i have been going to vin OB store for awhile to talk about testing and water chem. He trying to convince me on getting that new rimlesss which i really want one someday when i get my own place for my daughter and that's when i will go all out.. lol

Well that sounds like Vin. He is a real business man. Dude I saw the look in your eyes the other day at TSA when those new rimless tanks came in. I'm tempted as all hell but I talked with the builder the other day as they unloaded the tanks. I just gotta be good and save for a new car first and then comes the tank. I can taste the salt in the air just thinking about a new tank. :lol:

When you do frag that...I wants :P

Lol no prob.

Hope you are feeling better ...

Did you state you needed an ID ? If so can you post a picture?

Thanks Neuwave

Albert

Ya I was comatose for almost 2 weeks. I just couldn't shake it. But I'm back up and running now. Ill try to get a closer pick later of the acro. I wrote down the scientific name somewhere.... Somewhere, a long time ago. Lol

albertthiel
Ya I was comatose for almost 2 weeks. I just couldn't shake it. But I'm back up and running now. Ill try to get a closer pick later of the acro. I wrote down the scientific name somewhere.... Somewhere, a long time ago. Lol

Just post a pic here or on my thread Neuwave and I am sure we'll figure it out for you if you have not done so yourself yet

Albert

Just post a pic here or on my thread Neuwave and I am sure we'll figure it out for you if you have not done so yourself yet

Albert

No prob I identified it a long time ago. Just Nanotopia asked but I can't remember at the moment. If I can't find my notes I'll take a pic. :)

albertthiel
No prob I identified it a long time ago. Just Nanotopia asked but I can't remember at the moment. If I can't find my notes I'll take a pic. :)

+1

awesome bro, can't wait for your WC and your updates. What acro did you pick up and where? i kinda going through a tank boredom at the moment. Looking for your updates....

Bored with your tank? Ha ha liar! jk

But I do know you've been pondering one of these. Here's something to look at. I had set the lights to a dusk look so it's a tad dark but fun to watch. :happy:

Drool* i wish I have one of those bta but I'm not sure if my clownfish will host or not. I am looking for something stay small size or medium and stay in one spot. Lol

That video is awesome! Fish is awesome too!

albertthiel
Bored with your tank? Ha ha liar! jk

But I do know you've been pondering one of these. Here's something to look at. I had set the lights to a dusk look so it's a tad dark but fun to watch. :happy:

Great video and action. Tks

Drool* i wish I have one of those bta but I'm not sure if my clownfish will host or not. I am looking for something stay small size or medium and stay in one spot. Lol

That video is awesome! Fish is awesome too!

I think my clowns are rare now..... Percula CLASSIC.

If a bta gets too large just frag it. I'm sure deep down your clowns are aching for a nem. Do it!

Don't worry about it moving. I've always put Btas where I want. Never move more than an inch. You know I got a few tricks up my sleeve. I gotcha back. :lol:

Great video and action. Tks

Thanks Albert and Dave, it was my first vid on my camera. Ha ha. What better than trying it out on a reef. I'll do editing and music on anther vid but this works for now.

Very Classic and Classy!

So how was the BBQ at TSA? Did you get to go?

Naa, I got stuck at work. Funny though, I was just about to ask you the same thing on your thread if you went. I'll probably stop by tomorrow.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Where is the UPdates? it's been 2 months brah! lol

Well, here are a couple of beginner photos for ya brah!

Not the best hope this will tide you over.

1521142916dc0ac25a9b3427a7f9e072.jpg

59836eb2e96fcff40deb1c758023d28e.jpg

de04ef74545d39d19287795ca85c5ad8.jpg

317e22ea503b46ed6a72292400aacf17.jpg

Archived