Pod Your Reef

Neuwave's Edge of the Reef

neuwave

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, here are a couple of beginner photos for ya brah!

Not the best hope this will tide you over.

Very nice ... thanks for the update !

Oh! dats nice!

Thanks, the red tentacle zoa was a $5 dollar frag. But I have yet to identify its name anywhere. D'Expresso says I should name it. The green rimmed and pink paly was $20 for the whole colony. They were sitting under just white light so they were completely brown. But they are coloring up nicely. I think Dave named them for me lol.....the Hawaiian stardust palys. I like the sound of that. :lol:

:)

Thanks, but I need to grab more sps to rival your tank. :)

I got a strawberry shortcake coloring up right now. So stoked.

Very nice ... thanks for the update !

Anytime

D'Expresso said it was time so I'm tiding him over with this. I'll get a FTS later this week.

Thanks, the red tentacle zoa was a $5 dollar frag. But I have yet to identify its name anywhere. D'Expresso says I should name it. The green rimmed and pink paly was $20 for the whole colony. They were sitting under just white light so they were completely brown. But they are coloring up nicely. I think Dave named them for me lol.....the Hawaiian stardust palys. I like the sound of that. :lol:

Thanks, but I need to grab more sps to rival your tank. :)

I got a strawberry shortcake coloring up right now. So stoked.

Anytime

D'Expresso said it was time so I'm tiding him over with this. I'll get a FTS later this week.

:lol: I'm not gonna make any comments until i see a FTS of this amazing tank but for the made up name for "Hawaiian Stardust Palys" I am glad you like the sound of that. :happy:

:lol: I'm not gonna make any comments until i see a FTS of this amazing tank but for the made up name for "Hawaiian Stardust Palys" I am glad you like the sound of that. :happy:

Sounds like a real good name indeed and yet another one that had to be made up as no real ID could be found for it ... and yes it does sounds like a nice one as opposed to some that have those "Monster whatever" type names :-)

If you have a clear close up of the coral I will ID it for you :)

Better late than never. :blush:

8cd0857bde1977fdb4438ab07d624820.jpg

abace11bc69057b63b5542c7e9c20248.jpg

And a few more pics to make up for the lateness.

128d10a29e7350c0b22b6bc402b1b88b.jpg

0cd9365061d6284e1c46a2cb636d1040.jpg

Omg - these are about 8 inches from LEDS on full blast. :o .....but they keep growing? ;)

ae2ce49bd3f2cc03c380e1b7b10989de.jpg

cbc66ea7906b9906cacd40266c43e321.jpg

This one is just for fun. :lol: He's HUGE.

c2efdf3aaaf382901fe6b755b1ab9c35.jpg

• Like 1
Better late than never. :blush:

This one is just for fun. :lol: He's HUGE.

c2efdf3aaaf382901fe6b755b1ab9c35.jpg

Love them all but this one is priceless !

I want one ! ... I want one !

Here's some moar!

FTS

043f3f31ba3d688fc82ff92bc6463815.jpg

d9a8af1e619a33629e503dc271b3e0ce.jpg

6bbe1b443e45a47b82819310bef6b6bb.jpg

Frag of strawberry shortcake that was brown at the store and coloring up super nice.

a187c9228a33c53a4983273caf597250.jpg

Plate that needs a tad less light to get full colors but so far so good.

5c073f90b2f4aa1c2fd06ed70fbefc15.jpg

Feeding time. Fat little coral.

e25a073499f79a30d8237379041a508b.jpg

Here's some moar!

FTS

Plate that needs a tad less light to get full colors but so far so good.

Lovely ... very nice indeed !

Daym that pink Yuma is hella nice. i sure miss mine :( Thank you for the updated FTS. This tank deserve TOTM because this tank is so mature and ridiculous

I absolutely love how this tank grew in. Looks nothing short of fantastic and I am a huge fan of the different approach you took to aquascaping. Makes for some seriously interesting viewing!

Everything is just beautiful in der!

Thanks, I'm trying. But also need more fish and sps.

I absolutely love how this tank grew in. Looks nothing short of fantastic and I am a huge fan of the different approach you took to aquascaping. Makes for some seriously interesting viewing!

The tank is barely over 16 inches back to front but 2 feet tall so I really wanted to create depth instead of roll wall. It is practice for my next big tank and my new mangrove tank. I want to grab more acros to create a over hang of sps at the top.

Looks super ...

Thanks. Still a work in progress.

Daym that pink Yuma is hella nice. i sure miss mine :( Thank you for the updated FTS. This tank deserve TOTM because this tank is so mature and ridiculous

Thanks Dave. At first I thought it might be in too much light but its chills there without problem and keeps the zoas at bay.

• 3 weeks later...
Looks like A.prostrata :)

The typical growth of A. prostrata is usually more vertical and resembles the growth pattern of a staghorn. The growth pattern of A. Milliepora is more dense and more clustered.But growth characteristics vary according to environmental varibles,water flow/current dynamics especially.

We need a update ! Pics and the whole nine yards :)

+100 and totally agreed with nanoTopia. It's the end of the month and we need the whole in and out on your updates!

+1, I'll drink to that. :)

I'll drink with you too! Haha

+100 and totally agreed with nanoTopia. It's the end of the month and we need the whole in and out on your updates!

+11111111

We need a update ! Pics and the whole nine yards :)

+1, I'll drink to that. :)

+11111111

I can't to grab a drink just yet. Got finals next week and last one is set for Saturday 8th. So test ends at noon, so drinking will commence right after. :lol:

So I got a text today from Dave as a friendly reminder to check my thread. Apparently I forgot to setup email notifictions. Fixed it. Ha ha

Seems like I need to take some new pics. No worries, I'll get right on it. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived