Top Shelf Aquatics

Neuwave's Edge of the Reef

neuwave

Sorry about the delay in chalice pics IIX. I'm in need of a glass cleaning and water change, so new pics will have to wait. But..... I have these older pics if it helps.

These are no name chalices. Two are orginal colonies and the frag came from a colony that has since passed away from a different reef tank. Though I have this saved frag. The eyes develop green stripes like a bleeding apple scoly. Maybe bleeding apple chalice?

8a746cd3.jpg

A war paint chalice. Growing like crazy with green and blue stripes starting to develop.

b1ae977f.jpg

This chalice has no name and it has a killer red rim, baby baby blue middle base and each eye is as red as the rim and a orange slit for a mouth. Old pics but you get the idea. I was thinking of naming it "ring of fire", like the chain of volcanos surrounding the pacific ocean. Maybe?

fd986b50.jpg

9b1788de.jpg

Though I did snag this new addition. He's hanging out for a bit while acclimating.

b43a560f.jpg

I'm in love with your chalice festi! That sour green red apple chalice look nice! It does look like a bleeding apple. Your war paint chalice is amazing and show good health. Yeah you really need to post monthly FTS so we all can be amazed or memorized by your tank and corals.

Where did you snag that yasha haze goby from? He looking really nice with his red spots, maybe a pistol or another yasha to make a pair with. Lol thanks for the update btw. Haven't heard from u for awhile. Also have that rainbow plate coloring up yet?

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm in love with your chalice festi! That sour green red apple chalice look nice! It does look like a bleeding apple. Your war paint chalice is amazing and show good health. Yeah you really need to post monthly FTS so we all can be amazed or memorized by your tank and corals.

Where did you snag that yasha haze goby from? He looking really nice with his red spots, maybe a pistol or another yasha to make a pair with. Lol thanks for the update btw. Haven't heard from u for awhile. Also have that rainbow plate coloring up yet?

Hey what up, Dave! Thanks checking out my chalice trio. I'll try with those monthly updates..lol Gots some nice new frags want to photo, from purple hornets, insane little zoas and that blue berry sea fan.

I definitley want a yasha pair. There was a second one but it had a pistol with it and I already have a pistol shrimp in my tank. The next shipment they get in, I'll look for a second one. It was as Top Shelf Aquatics, I bugged the heck out of them to order some. And it paid off, ha ha. They have a second one with a little red postol. So it's all yours if your looking.

The plate coral has colored up alittle, it's just getting to much light so I have to lower it soon. Otherwise looking good.

albertthiel
Sorry about the delay in chalice pics IIX. I'm in need of a glass cleaning and water change, so new pics will have to wait. But..... I have these older pics if it helps.

Though I did snag this new addition. He's hanging out for a bit while acclimating.

b43a560f.jpg

Very nice Neuwave ...

Very nice Neuwave ...

Nice yasha haze goby

Thanks guys. He's been hanging out under my Duncan. In due time the little guy will meet up with the pistol. :happy:

Wah? U got a pistol in there too? Cool man.

Lol I've had the pistol for a little over three years or so. I had a hi fin goby with him for that time but the goby eventually pasted a few months back so the pistol has had no buddy since. That's why it's yasha time! :D

Lol I've had the pistol for a little over three years or so. I had a hi fin goby with him for that time but the goby eventually pasted a few months back so the pistol has had no buddy since. That's why it's yasha time! :D

Awesome man! Hopefully you get to snap a pictures of them pairing up and hanging out.

Awesome man! Hopefully you get to snap a pictures of them pairing up and hanging out.

They haven't paired up yet. But I do have a pic I spoke about a while back.

4960b8eb.jpg

Is that the sea fan you're talking about that you purchase awhile back. It's very pretty and I see it spread out a lot. Does it only open at night?

Is that the sea fan you're talking about that you purchase awhile back. It's very pretty and I see it spread out a lot. Does it only open at night?

Yep this is the one. One of my favorite corals. I feed my tank different type of planktonic food several times a day. So the polyps are out all the time. It's crazy to see polyps snatch food floating by.

albertthiel
Nice yasha haze goby

Saw one at the local LFS today but instead got a Pistol shrimp Yellow Rose Goby pair that were in the same small enclosure and had been there for quite some time so nicely paired.

Acclimating them now

I love the war paint chalice the most. It kept my eyes busy for quite some time. Neat stuff.

I know how you feel, I've been caught staring. Lol

I'll have to get a side shot for you, because that red wraps around the back. Also it's starting to develop forest green stripes in the red.

Saw one at the local LFS today but instead got a Pistol shrimp Yellow Rose Goby pair that were in the same small enclosure and had been there for quite some time so nicely paired.

Acclimating them now

Sounds nice, good addition. Always nice to find a solid pair.

Ahh I see. Yeah, a frag of that chalice would be an awesome addition to my tank....ahha.

A frag of this?

Green stripe starting in the red.

cb330d90.jpg

Blue is starting a stripe on the top left purple.

7bc0ca7f.jpg

be68b794.jpg

Deleted User 4

lolol That is sickk cherry. You need a better camera for me to enjoy this more ahha.

Don't be selfish, being able to own and see this piece in person and all. jkjk :P

albertthiel
Sounds nice, good addition. Always nice to find a solid pair.

Yes indeed and the first thing they did after being in the tank for a while was dig out a cave underneath a piece of live rock and moving sand around to build their "home".

I was able to watch some of it but unfortunately did not think about making a video of it ... OTOH I am sure that a lot of you who read this have seen it happening ...

Albert

They haven't paired up yet. But I do have a pic I spoke about a while back.

4960b8eb.jpg

N I C E ... can I post this on my thread ? This looks really so nice that I think if it's OK with you I will add it. Please PM me and let me know. Thanks

Albert

lolol That is sickk cherry. You need a better camera for me to enjoy this more ahha.

Don't be selfish, being able to own and see this piece in person and all. jkjk :P

Lol I'll work on the camera, guess my new nikon isn't doing it for ya. Hopefully I'll have a new macro lens in the next couple of months. Then the pics will be even better. Ill even make you a vid when I get the macro lens in slow motion 400 fps. Hope this helps. :lol:

Deleted User 4
Lol I'll work on the camera, guess my new nikon isn't doing it for ya. Hopefully I'll have a new macro lens in the next couple of months. Then the pics will be even better. Ill even make you a vid when I get the macro lens in slow motion 400 fps. Hope this helps. :lol:

lololol Slowmo....good one ahhaa. Enjoy the pleasure while it lasts in slowmo.

albertthiel
A frag of this?

Green stripe starting in the red.

cb330d90.jpg

Blue is starting a stripe on the top left purple.

7bc0ca7f.jpg

be68b794.jpg

Very nice Neuwave

Albert

Is that a photosynthetic gorg?

No this one you have to feed. Also too much light and algae will grow on it and bother the polyps. I feed several different types of food. It's awesome to see the Cyclopeeze get trapped in the polyps.

Very nice Neuwave

Albert

Thanks I've had it a while. No complaints. Ha ha

• Like 1
albertthiel
No this one you have to feed. Also too much light and algae will grow on it and bother the polyps. I feed several different types of food. It's awesome to see the Cyclopeeze get trapped in the polyps.

Thanks I've had it a while. No complaints. Ha ha

You are obviously doing a great job on your tank. Super.

Albert

Archived