Innovative Marine Aquariums

May I introduce my 20 Long - I think it is complete!

jdsabin1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe I can take the torch and try to keep it alive (the metaphorical one, not the coral). It will be a very tough job I am sure, but I have had my 20L for awhile, and I love the shape... it was great to see someone else's results, and what excellent results they were. I am running Current USA's Orbit PCs, they make them for 30 inches (I remember someone asking about PC awhile ago in this thread) and it is 1 65w Dual Daylight (6700 and 100000) and 1 65w Dual Actinic (420 and 460nm I think). I am upgrading to one 250w MH, I am not sure what combo I am going to get in terms of pendant and ballast, but I think i will go with 14K bulbs not 20K. I don't want my tank too blue, and fast growth is important, but I don't want to supplement actinics, I am going to put my PCs over another 25 gallon tank. That being said, my tank in no way shape or form compares to jdsabin's.... but one day... one day, you will have a shining example of a Canadian 20L! I am getting my 6 stage RoDi in soon, and my MH in soon. Right now I have quite a few corals, but not nearly as many as Sabin but I am trying here. I did pick up a nice red echynophylia yesterday, under the MH I can't wait to see them colour up. I will leave a small pic of my Porites.... you can check my Member Gallery for a very small section of pics, I have to figure out how to take nice pictures... otherwise I will never be able to compete with El Sabino... it doesn't help that I have a Canon S200, piece of crud that it is!

9664IMG_1116-med.JPG

• 2 months later...

Hey, I am the long standing member here, so I will carry the 20L torch...:P

Just kidding of course. But I am setting up a 20L, unless of course I can get a 29 by tomorrow. I have the stand, fixture which includes 1-175W 20K and 2-65wpc actinics, 10g sump with a EuroReef RS5-2 and a Mag9.5 with SCWD. I would like to use this tank as a reference. I can still remember reading about this tank with the thread started, it is an amazing tank. I would much rather to have a 29 than a 20L just because of the height...seems like a 20L would fill to quickly. Dunno, well see.

Mike

• 2 years later...
moonlightxpress825

Just kidding of course. But I am setting up a 20L, unless of course I can get a 29 by tomorrow. I have the stand, fixture which includes 1-175W 20K and 2-65wpc actinics, 10g sump with a EuroReef RS5-2 and a Mag9.5 with SCWD. I would like to use this tank as a reference. I can still remember reading about this tank with the thread started, it is an amazing tank. I would much rather to have a 29 than a 20L just because of the height...seems like a 20L would fill to quickly. Dunno, well see.

Mike

damn..i have a 20l also..dont know if i show post pics up anymore..this sheeit is nice man... B)

Dang, it's like a reunion. I come to the forum for the first time in years and see names I recognize and one of my old posts on the first thread I click on.

Oh and nice tank. Time for an update!

• 1 month later...

Best 20l i have seen and this was the tank that got me into the hobby, this and LiQuids tank. This is the standard by which tanks should be set up.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Wow this is an old post.

But deservedly dug up from the grave, because this tank is bonkers.

yeah, actually its a good thing you did. I just bought a mogul base MH 250w setup and I was wondering if you could stack the lights vertically. Anyone know where to get these or similar fixtures?

d

• 2 years later...
yeah, actually its a good thing you did. I just bought a mogul base MH 250w setup and I was wondering if you could stack the lights vertically. Anyone know where to get these or similar fixtures?

d

AWESOME! I am inspired by this tank. lots of others come close, but few exceed this setup, this is stil my favorite, jdsabin !

JEFFC.

Archived