Coral Vue Hydros

May I introduce my 20 Long - I think it is complete!

jdsabin1

Sweet. Looking for H. Elegans today. Would it be best to find them in a pair, or if I buy twowill they group?? what about 3? or 4? It's a 10G. Thanks man! and again, Nice tank, Your blasto pics have me on the prowl for some nice ones.....

I just haven't found many good husbandry articles.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you can find them paired together, that's your best bet. I bought mine separately and they did pair up but that is definitely not a gimme and they could wind up not ever working together. Personally I would stick with one pair. Any more than that and you will wind up spending a ton of money and trouble keeping them fed.

My blastos are doing great. I'll post some more pics of new corals I've acquired over the last few months soon. Thanks for the compliments :).

Time again for me to post some of my frags I've received over the last few weeks. The tank is shaping up but still not ready for an overall picture again. It's definitely now focused more on zoos though which is where I wanted to ultimately go.

These are all either Logical Reef, Anthony's, Gooch's or AquaProp frags.

I have more frags waiting with some vendors right now so hopefully in a few weeks I will have more pics of my new stuff.

Hope you like the pics:

z1.jpg

z2.jpg

z3.jpg

z4.jpg

z5.jpg

AWESOME!! Jd, everytime you post new pics I think to myself it just can't get better and than everytime it does. Very nice.

BTW, the 175W MH you're using, are those the Coralife Pendants? If so, how do you think them so far?

Originally posted by moose12

BTW, the 175W MH you're using, are those the Coralife Pendants? If so, how do you think them so far?

Thank you Moose! :) Yes those are the Coralife pendants and I couldn't be more happier with them. I love halides and the look they provide.

Heuer - I have gone off the deep end (no pun intended) with zoos. Like a bolt out of the blue I became a zoo fanatic and have really amassed quite a trove of zoos with more on the way. They are such an unassuming coral, hardy as hell and come in so many different variants. I love them in nanos especially. :)

• 2 weeks later...

More pics from me as everything was looking especially happy after the water change.

The first pic is actually polyps that I didn't give much hope to. It was actually a piece of rock that had broken off a chunk of daisy polyps and I just wedged it in between some other zoos and forgot about it. A few months later and these larger polyps poked out. That's the beauty of this hobby .. almost like a grab bag as sometimes you never know what you're going to get.

I also included a pic of one of my favorite mushrooms I got from Blane. It has an undertone of a rich purple color and the colorful zoos around it really seem to frame it well.

Another pic here is one of my 'grapes' that I got from Logical.

Finally, the last pic includes some oranges that I spotted today. Pictures do not do these guys justice. The orange centers are a bright, nearly glowing color. They look to be multiplying quickly too (yay!).

I have a bunch coming from Anthony and Bryan is putting together a custom order for me too. Frankly, I am out of room. Thank God I have that 150 downstairs!

Hope you all have a great holiday season!

zoodeca.jpg

zoodecb.jpg

zoodecc.jpg

zoodecd.jpg

zoodece.jpg

zoodecf.jpg

JD- That tank just keeps getting sweeter, would love to see a full tank to get the whole picture. I'm thinking about throwing one of those coralife pendants over my 10, what k bulb are you using? You're not supplementing with actinics, right?

• 2 months later...

Man I just bought a new MH pendant from IceCap for my new 20L tank.

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/m...e=Pendantshells

I hope I dont get falloff at the edges like you were saying. My Pendant is a horizontal pendant though so it should be just fine. I think the light was spread out over 28 inches and the tank is 30 inches long so I dont think it will be too bad. I hope?? What do you think?

hey mrabolli, does that fixture come with a ballast for the halide bulb (It looks like a good deal, i might buy it)

Thanks,

PS JDSABIN, that is the best tank i have ever seen, your tank got me into nano reefing!

theclearblue

EricVA - just comes with a ballast for the PC bulbs, you need to buy the MH bulb, MH ballast, and PC bulbs seperately.

Hey EricVA no it doesnt come with the MH ballast. Thats actually kinda nice though because it will take any size MH bulb up to a 400 Watt and that leaves it more versitile and open for you to match up what bulb and its acompinang ballast to use. I will use a 175 ballast for the 175 bulb but in the future I can always upgarde it to a 400 real easy. Ballast is not built in. It does come with the CF ballast though and it must be built in because I didnt see it externally but I havent really looked at the light yet. What surprised me about the light was the size. Its big! Check out the measurments on the website again before ordering. It will work real nice for me I think.

Originally posted by birdman204

This thread is waaayyyyy old,  I dunno if sabin even stops by much anymore...... Thread hijackers :P

Hey I still swing by all the time :). The tank is going through a metamorphosis(sp) right now as I gear up for my 150. THe 20 stays but will change somewhat by the time I have the 150 up and running in a few months.

I'll snap some all new pics then to show you all what I have. I think you will like what I'm doing ;).

• 3 months later...

Where are those pics, sabin? You've gotta keep them coming. This 20L has been an inspiration and it's what got me to purchase a 20L of my own. I'm still in my planning stages, though. I's really like to see how your 20L has evolved so far...

NanoreefERguy

I think everyone elses reaction pretty much sums it up; "Wow!"

Beautiful tank, I wish I have the time and $$ to create something that amazing!

Thanks everyone :). The 20 is now empty but the story does have a very happy ending. I moved a lot of the corals to my new 150 and they are happy and healthy. Some of my corals and other critters that I didn't want in my 150 found happy homes and I gave away every bit of my live sand too.

I had planned to keep the 20 up along with the 150 but as costs to get the 150 up and running kept mounting, and the threat of a power outage could potentially do harm to both tanks, I knew I had to make the decision to focus all my energy, attention and money on one tank in the house.

I am glad everyone liked the 20 as much as they did. It always means a lot when your peers appreciate the work you've put into something. I still visit the site and continue to be amazed at all the beautiful nano tanks and marvel at how far the nano-tank movement has come!

When the 150 looks like something more than a big box of water and rocks, I'll post some pics for you all.

Well, that sucks to hear about the 20L. You filled that sucker up quick!

I remember sitting in front of my PC, planning my Eclipse 12g by yours, then a 20L. I still have my 20L and I really like it.

Good luck with the new tank! Post pics when it's ready. B)

Archived