inTank Media Baskets

May I introduce my 20 Long - I think it is complete!

jdsabin1

Originally posted by Dave ESPI

hope U plan to upgrade to a 75 gall in like less than a year... that tank is way to over crowded with fast growing competetors.

its decent as to placement of corals, and is acurate as to lighting needs, but I fear for the Chemical soup long term damages.

timewill tell ;)

Funny you should mention that as I plan to upgrade to a 200 gallon in less than a year actually.

As far as being overcrowded, it comes with the nano territory IMO. The best tanks here have been overcrowded. LiQuiD's, Brooklyn Johnny, Danano, etc all in one way shape or form was cramped for space.

The good news is even if these don't get transferred to another tank, I will trade/swap/sell/rearrange with other reefers or my lfs's in the area to ensure it doesn't get so tight all the corals are touching ;).

So far so good as far as the chemical warfare. You're right though Espi ... time will tell. Wish me luck! :P

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<--------- JEALOUS GUY right here....

Da....da.....DAAAAAMMMNNNNNN!!!

thats beautiful! such great accomplishment!you have won the battle against evil.that tank is BEAUTIFUL!

I hadn't planned on adding anything right now but my lfs had a gorgeous and compact sized maze brain coral so I picked him up. I tried to get a few decent pics but he is near a high flow area and the anthelia is in the way too so I did what I could. He has his tentacles out and looks real fuzzy right now. I am just a sucker for brain corals of any type.

I also planted a few garden variety zoos around the tank and they have grown into some nice little outcropping of zoos so I took some pics of those. Everyone seems to like the orange/red/maroon zoos so I snapped another shot of them.

Finally I took a picture of my plain ol' large green zoos that aren't spectacular but have been in my tank from the start so I thought they deserved some press ;).

27j.jpg

28j.jpg

29j.jpg

30j.jpg

31j.jpg

32j.jpg

Hey Jeff, how'd that little split of ricordea that I sent you home with do? Did it ever amount to anything? I lost the original colony, without ever seeing what it would look like in full glory. Damn emerald crabs...

That's a really nice brain coral too....

Where did you get the maroon zoos at? If it was online somewhere, I'm going to jump for joy :)

Otherwise, email me (jargon at rustyrocket.com) if you're ever going to frag those... I haven't seen anything like those anywhere, and I'd totally put up some casholas to get my hands on them ;)

Very amazing tank!

Fly - That ric is doing fine although Thomas insisted it be in his tank and so the mantis continues to steal it and take it inder the rock with him. Provided he doesn't kill it, it always looks great! :)

Jargon - One of the guys found that at goochscorals.com so I got some too. Not sure he still has any left but you can ask. I got more free stuff from them than any other vendor too. I will definitely be doing more business with them in the future. Those are a great looking batch of zoos.

HTH!

uh, I hate you guys with your nice tanks, loaded with livestock, looking great, no algae on the glass, no brown crud in the sand, corals growing and all.

I hate you guys

really nice jd.

Originally posted by mane3215

I have some new wicked zoos on the way now =), but this was the only frag they had.  I will post some pics when I get them, should be here by weds.

Where did you order them from? Share the wealth!

Aquadesingz.com, they always have cool stuff, I usually cant catch it, but the deal on these fell through so I scooped up =).

These should look cool under my new radium 20k's

jzoo4_2.jpg

What type of camera are you using for those pictures? If it is a digital camera, how many megapixel and what manual settings?

Tank looks incredible as always!

Originally posted by KamDesai

What type of camera are you using for those pictures? If it is a digital camera, how many megapixel and what manual settings?

Tank looks incredible as always!

Thanks Kam. I use an old Canon PowerShot S10 digital camera (2.1 megapixel). I use 'manual' mode, 'macro' setting, no flash and normally have white balance turned very low, and then press the shutter halfway on my subject (after I have zoomed on the subject at hand) to ensure it is focused correctly. This all takes place on a tripod so there is no camera movement. After I am confident that I am going to get something close to what I am looking for, I use the timer to snap the picture.

I hope that helps!

Apparently they still have those "maroon" zoos at goochscorals.com, but they're actually a bright orange! It's your 20K's that make em look that amazing red.

So looks like I'll have to pick up some 20K's.... :D

It's amazing what lighting does underwater.... Reminds me of when I went on a submarine reef tour in Hawaii. Someone got a bloody nose and it looked GREEN!

I wasn't sure if I should go ahead and create a new thread or just use this one but since my signature sends people to this thread to check out my tank, I am going to go ahead and post any new pics in this thread and hope that people periodically have a look to see new photos.

Today was a banner day for my corals. For some reason everyone was out in 'full bloom' and very 'fluffy' (as korbin would say). I took some pics of my scolymia to show you what he does throughout the day. When he inflates he really looks cool. Almost like translucent salmon colored gelatin. I also snapped one of my lawnmower blenny 'Louie'. Seems his new favorite place to hang out is close to some zoos. He reminds me of a muppet and it's a good thing he has a lot of character too as the ######head knocked off two SPS's I had glued down today - *&^#%$&*.

I also snapped some of some other zoos I have in the tank that I got from Anthony (aquadesignz.com). Some of them are a neat gunmetal blue. Still looking for some aqua blue zoos. Maybe someday :). I took another picture of my pink/purple zoos too as they seem to be doing well.

I know I've posted my wellsi too but today they were really showing off so I took another picture. I also took one of my green fungia as he was really waving his tentacles around as well.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the pics....

1k.jpg

7k.jpg

6k.jpg

8k.jpg

9k.jpg

Awesome pics, really well done tank....

I have that same type of maze brain.Platygyra, I think? Are you feeding yours directly? I started feeding mine but it's a real pain. I have to turn the powerheads off, shoo fish shrimp away etc... It also has couple dings from me dropping a rock on it*doh*.

Archived