Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

May I introduce my 20 Long - I think it is complete!

jdsabin1

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone :).

John - No I don't feed my brain corals (I did feed my open brain but they both died on me). They thrive without direct feeding actually so you may be able to save yourself a lot of hassle.

Fly - A few months back I was watching my tank (as I often tend to do) and saw something spook my blenny. This fish got from Point A to Point B in my tank in less time than it takes for me to blink and I am not kidding. I realized then that I would never be able to get this fish out of my tank until he croaks off. :D

yo i like your rockwork man. would u happen to have any pics of your tank with the rock set-up only. i have had my 20l for about a year and i think i want to rearrange my rock around 1 more time. nice pics and your 20L is one of the nicest i have seen.

Thanks Electro and I like your avatar :). Unfortunately I don't have a picture of just my rocks because I transferred the rocks with corals on them already from my Eclipse 12 to this tank so it was already established when I moved everything.

trio.jpg

Originally posted by cajastan

Jeff, got any purple rics you could spare? I'm almost ready to toss a few corals in the 7.5.

Caj,

If I get a split on my big purple you will get a baby :). I only have one left (albeit a rather large one so perhaps I'll see if I can frag it soon).

On a related note, I found a few rics around a live rock tonight, one that is really coming along as far as a purple ring that is coloring up nicely and another smaller one that has some aqua color around his center. I didn't remember I had the one down by the clam but he's starting to grow and looks like it could be a winner!

Here's some pics....

rics1.jpg

rics2.jpg

rics3.jpg

Some more pictures I took this morning. My green fungia is one happy camper. Very bright green and his tentacles are all out and waving around. My maxima clam is also now starting to open and color up quite nicely and so I got a shot of him. Also included is an SPS shot of my fuzzy green montipora and new growth can be seen along with my candy cane coral that is a lot happier now that he is in the shade (although my family is saddended to see him get less exposure in the tank).

sep21a.jpg

sep21b.jpg

sep21c.jpg

sep21d.jpg

sep21e.jpg

Thanks guys! Lately I have been having a fetish for mushrooms, including ricordia. Not sure why but I have some new ones coming anyway.

Here is a pic I took today. Nothing special really. Look for some changes to my tank over the next few weeks. Fragged out all my anthelia and moved my favites out of the tank. New corals on their way.

justric.jpg

Dude, your tank gets sweeter by the day, let me know when your ready for some yellow polyps, mine are taking off like crazy. Actually, let me wait till this red planaria thing goes away, itches like crazy.....

Here are some new corals I've added. Over the last few days I have added about a dozen new pieces. A few things moved out of my tank to my 5.5 gallon tanks in the process.

As soon as the new corals are fat, happy and dumb I will take more pics. I really have some neat (albeit standard) corals. As soon as I get the shots I want I will take the time to explain what I am doing to ensure this tank is long term as far as coral selection goes.

Picture doesn't do this bright, electric green large polyp piece justice. For some reason I am partial to the larger polyps.

palythia.jpg

Can anyone say xmas tree worms? :)

porites.jpg

A *lot* more to come as soon as they all settle in. I can't wait to share some of these colors and textures with you all. :)

do you still want those zoos man? you never got back to me....anyhow i have them and am still looking to trade before it gets cold. let me know, if not ill trad them off to someone else or jsut keep them and let them grow out more

Sorry SLO my bad for not getting back to you sooner! I found those zoos local but love to trade so perhaps a Thermos deal? I'll PM you.

Thanks Fly! I'm pretty pumped up about it! :)

Originally posted by alexmsw

Hey Jeff where did you get those Xmas trees?

My lfs ordered them in for me. She said she can get them anytime. I have seen them online too. I think cquarium had some a while back.

HTH!

Archived