Cultivated Reef

Gulfsurfer101's AP12g 150wMH

gulfsurfer101

Idk if its just me but your pics look ALLOOTT better quality now. Still BEAUTIFUL corals none the less. That sunset monti is insane!

yeah the pics do look a lot better.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101

It's because they are not all washed out by that 20k. I am still a crappy photographer and am in need of a better digi.

gulfsurfer101

Hey Glenn thanks fir that frag, it will add to an already sweet line up of frags I got from you already. Hope you like thise little trinkets I brought over as well.

Hey Glenn thanks fir that frag, it will add to an already sweet line up of frags I got from you already. Hope you like thise little trinkets I brought over as well.

I do, I needed some softies to fill in some of the lower flow / light areas. Thanks again man!

gulfsurfer101

For shure man, I want to do an LPS tank out of that 20 I got from you. It will be a very slow one though since my current situation prevents me from buying anything new atm.

gulfsurfer101

Ok picked up two peices of monti yesterday and got yet another kickass freebie from glennr1978. Got a superhuge chunk of sunrise montipora from a LFS yesterday. When I asked the kid working the counter what was growing on the rock he pointed to some lobo's and I laughed to myself mentally. I pointed to the rock I was reffering to and he said he didn't think there was anything on that rock. I was already making a purchase from the frag section so I told him I'd give him 20 bucks along with the frag cost for the nothing rock. He looked at me stupidly and agreed with an (OK). That was the deal. Here are the pics. It looks like it was dying under their VHO's but with my Halide 150w over this little tank and three day water changes I think it will make a complete turnaround.

sunrisemonti008.jpg

sunrisemonti010.jpg

sunrisemonti011.jpg

with heavy flash you can better see the red polyps that define this coral

sunrisemonti001.jpg

There is a chunk of rock that had it's lone little colony growing on it along with the new frag I got from Glenn. This monti came on a large rock the size of a miniture basketball and I had to cut away at it with my diamond wheel and dremel for about an hour before it was nano-tank ready.

sunrisemonti003.jpg

Here's a pic of my fifteen dollar frag that's ready to be fragged,(purple cap monti).

sunrisemonti004.jpg

sunrisemonti014.jpg

now just some more randoms and side shots since I have so few of them

sunrisemonti017.jpg

sunrisemonti019.jpg

sunrisemonti018.jpg

sunrisemonti015.jpg

sunrisemonti006.jpg

sunrisemonti007.jpg

sunrisemonti005.jpg

sunrisemonti012.jpg

sunrisemonti016.jpg

sunrisemonti009.jpg

I have no more room left in this tank so I need to get my AP24 cycling very soon again. I think I will have to go with black sand once again or if I can find some nice pink I might consider that.

gulfsurfer101

Any body want a frag of either the sunrise and grap cap. I'll make you an exceptional deal since I practically stole them myself. I will offer them locally first but plan to make some more 1" frags pretty soon as they aclimate and color a little better for me. I pretty much owe glennr1978 the first chunk by the overflow for hooking me up with that sunset. Let me know so I can get some frags ready for you guys and that way nobodies left out in the dark.

Any body want a frag of either the sunrise and grap cap. I'll make you an exceptional deal since I practically stole them myself. I will offer them locally first but plan to make some more 1" frags pretty soon as they aclimate and color a little better for me. I pretty much owe glennr1978 the first chunk by the overflow for hooking me up with that sunset. Let me know so I can get some frags ready for you guys and that way nobodies left out in the dark.

ill pay you for frags

gulfsurfer101

He's only been in the tank a few days after it was shipped so I imagine it is still a little peeved and I just moved it a little to the right before I snapped th pic so it wouldn' sting and kill my clam. I'm still waiting for it to color up the nice purple and green it was on the website when I bought it. Everything looks fine toady after I got home from work. Glenn I should be free Sat. if I don't have to work and I can drop it by then. Sunday is my suprise BBQ I'm not supposed to know about so I will most likely be tied up. Shortie Z, I don't know if shipping is an option for me but If I have too I will try to make it worth while but all I can frag from is the large monti and the large grape cap. I can send a frag of both. I kinda wanna keep them under my light for a little bit to see them at their full potential. I will most likely make the frags of that purple cap today though since it is so huge. All my other stuff are barely frags themsleves and I am going to let everything grow out a while before I frag those.

gulfsurfer101

Boredom pics,

Glenn this one is yours

newfishpics001.jpg

This one is mine

newfishpics011.jpg

The rest of that coral will be on little frag disks when I get some and it is healthy enough to frag. This is what it should look like in a few weeks.

newfishpics005.jpg

tiger dreassa got moved onto the rocks today and I think he likes it there. He looks a lot fatter than when I got him.

newfishpics008.jpg

This thing just keeps growing out everyday. It's also looking like it's devoping a nice greenish hue!

newfishpics006.jpg

Yuma starting to split, front side

newfishpics009.jpg

backside

newfishpics010.jpg

My pokerstar is still peeved from the dip I gave it. Rics look like their growing though!

newfishpics002.jpg

gulfsurfer101

I guess I might just practice my fraggin skills on this thing(huge green beast), some time this weekend along with that cap that I have now hidden on the top of my rockwork somwhere around the return jets.

gulfsurfer101

I was just looking at this tank for a minute after getting home and am noticing some growth on just about everything in there but the monti's that I dipped when I thought I had nudi's. They are just now coming back around and need some time to regain their full glory. Looks like I'll be expecting some more blue rics very soon and one of the goldleaf rics that I split is arleady splitting again. One of the pink ones I split that had no mouth looks like it is growing one and the other pink next to it looks like it is making it's way outwards to start new life. That is awsome and why I love this hobby. I just like to watch this stuff grow and looks like it's back on cruise control since I haven't noticed any more pest's in here.

AcroporaLokani
It's my B-day! Maybe I might just try to fit something new in here later on today.

Well happy B-day I hope you got some good stuff :bling:.

That purple cap looks amazing, If I didn't think shipping would be $40 I probably would buy a frag of it from you.

gulfsurfer101

Yeah shipping is a real dissapointment. I can already notice this frag getting some bright color coming through under my sunpod. The frag I have in my 20 long will probably not color up as nice as this one will but I can always swap them out later after this one has been blasted for a while.

gulfsurfer101

Hey buddy looks like I had to sell that frag to Dave for some good OL' Papa Johns pizza but I should have some more cut very soon. This coral is looking ten times better after dropping in my tank. As far as updates for the tank for you guys out there on nano-reef, I am now nemless in this reef tank. I have a 20 long set up just for nems, check it out.

Gulf -

Just wanted to sat THANKS for the monti rock. Hope the Pizza was good.

I'll post some pics on my thread soon.

Thanks again -

Dave

gulfsurfer101

It was and I should have some moor stuff like those paly's you liked cut up pretty soon next week to free up more space. Lokani, looks like I decided to take that B-day money and invest it in a sweet dean electric guitar since my GF was actually into it and like the cool shape behind it and we both share a passion for the same music. Hey Dave call me next weekend and I will have frags of some different things ready.

gulfsurfer101

I'm going to have to take that guitar back sereiously now after seeing everybody with ya'lls bright and pretty little ora frags fomr AM's and just clear out the sand bed for some of my own soon. I'll have to swing by there tommorrow after work to see what's still availible. Here are the latest pics of this tank. I decided to do some moving around and get that SPS up higher, not that it needs it just that I like to blast it to get the sweetest coloration I can get out of them.

guitar-fish016-1.jpg

guitar-fish016.jpg

guitar-fish021-1.jpg

guitar-fish017.jpg

gulfsurfer101

Newset addition today and looks like I'm going to be fragging soon. (montipora spongeodes)

montinikki003.jpg

montinikki006.jpg

and some paly shots that are going on the chopping block.

montinikki005.jpg

gulfsurfer101

I love this peice, here is a distant shot of it during lighting hours.

montinikki007.jpg

I'm not too shure about fragging it anytime soon but if somebody is willing to help make shure I don't #### it all up then I don't see why not. Sorry for the crappy pics, I just now realized I should have cleaned the glass before taking these.

Archived