inTank Media Baskets

Gulfsurfer101's AP12g 150wMH

gulfsurfer101

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101

Thanks guys everything went extremely smooth with the baby arriving healty and on time. Sorry to hear about that phish we'll definately work something out and I'll probably not be doing any SPS shipping in the future since that was hald of my livestock there. Glen, I got the return to the way I like it with the plumbing straight over the back and just used the stock return splits glued to some PVC to get it in place. Eric, I will most likely be heading your way with lots of SPS frags that I need to sell off due to my tank going through some things after moving.

gulfsurfer101

Looks like I started to lose my purple indo stag and another SPS frag after my move so I will be offering lots of SPS frags to any local here for good prices.

gulfsurfer101

Looks like things have decided to settle down a bit in my new tank and I pinned the crash down to two things possibly. The addition of the powerhead that my carpet nem crashed or having all the sand stirred up from my sump and clouding the water for three days. I will need to get pics of my 24 now that is is setlled.

gulfsurfer101

Looks like things are getting back to normal after the move and the SPS frags that did make it through are looking better. I definately love the new space and plan on stocking up pretty soon after I replace the stock bulb out for a better one. I'm also going to be looking for a decent skimmer soon.

gulfsurfer101

My 24 kicks so much ash out of this tiny box. I can definately get away with more feedings and less frequent water changes with this bigger tank. Everything has so much more space and I am open to more possibility. It is one of my daughter Diana's favorite things to watch for the last week and a half that we have been blessed to have her in our family. I need to get pics as soon as I get a better internet connection set up. All the stuff I lost makes out in the end with the new additions and better placements of things with more space to grow out in.

gulfsurfer101

After getting rid of lots of my SPS from what didn't make the move and all I was left with lots of room especially after removing the fake wall from my AP24 to give me lots more room I decided the fish I have now just weren't visual enough. I opted to score a paif of ORA misbar clowns from my LFS and it has brought my tank to life. I see the flaimtail blenny out more now after adding those two fish. To me it is like looking at two very large and expensive goldfish though. I will try to get a pic or a vid up soon and just make a new thread or possibly just add on to the one I originally set up for it before opting to go with the AP12.

gulfsurfer101
Woo, finally got the 24 set up. :) So where are some pics of your awesome sps? :P

Ouch, that bites. Remind me of tragedy. All my sweet sps melted away from my water being churned into poop soup after getting my sump operational after my move. I will restock everything I had after the new year since the holidays really took it out of me. Dave the only things santa left me with this year was a major headache from getting christmas ready for the girls. Can't wait to head up to San Antone and spruce up my already kick ass AP24. Just got my old lady,(and me too), a 10mp digi for christmas and as soon as I figure out how to use it I'll get some pics posted up of it soon. I'm also selling off a few frags cheap if any locals are interested in picking up a montipora spongeodes frag or some stylo or poci frags for 20 bucks and under.

• 2 weeks later...
gulfsurfer101

I have not been able to add anything new to my tank since last year and I'm already feeling the itch. I'm completely broke after the holidays and having an infant is not cheap at all these days so my tank has been on stand by for the last few weeks. I still have a few frags including some ten dollar SPS frags along with a pretty cool little acan frag and that ora montipora spongeoeds frag. I am open on trades for anything cool.

gulfsurfer101

All frags are spoken for and I finally get to get new additions for my tank tommorrow since I busted a$$ and pulled about 20hrs overtime last week. I might have to make a trip up to San Antontio this weekend and get me some of those large SPS colony's to help fill out the top shelf of my tank. I will definatley get some pics up after the weekend adventure and will try to bring something back that everyone will like and share with the locals.

• 2 weeks later...
gulfsurfer101

I have been way to busy to do or add anything to this tank since my second baby daughters arrival but I have made me some reservations to stay up in San Antonio and celebrate a very nice promotion and even nicer pay raise that will help out a ton especially in this economy atm. I plan on bringing back lots of nice things from my favorite shop up there to fill out some space in my AP24 now under a 250wMH retro. I plan on brinigin back a few more peices like these that are never more than 50 bucks or so. Here are some pics of what I have brought back in the past so you can see how excited I am to get back there.

Favites brain

brain.jpg

acro and milli colonies, I plan on bringing back at least one.

acro-group-1.jpg

Unknow monti along with browned out superman

AP24020.jpg

AP24008.jpg

I'm hoping to pick up a few more of these also. I'll post pics after the trip.

Archived