Coral Vue Hydros

DIY 70watt or 150w MH HQI pendant

reefriot

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Reefer-You've got a PM.

BTW Abs still has the group purchase going. He's waiting until after xmas for the next round so that everyone has a bit of $$.

i know i'm probably a little late for this but this regent model is what I just bought and to me it seem's like a pretty good deal.

172868.400x430.jpeg

It's the regent 500W portable worklight model. The better features I have noticed over the flood light regents is that this one comes with a built in power cord and all the wires neatly tuck into a little water tight box on the back of the lamp. My 70W MH bulb fit right into it without much problem also. If the pic above doesn't work here is a link to it.

http://www.cornerhardware.com/productdispl...077&PID=1368535, it was $9.89 at wal-mart and all those extra pipes on it can be taken off.

Reefer_Buddha

i made a post about this under 9$ home depot halide. It wont work without a ballast, mh's cant fire directly off a wall socket.

Originally posted by Reefer_Buddha

i made a post about this under 9$ home depot halide. It wont work without a ballast, mh's cant fire directly off a wall socket.

yeah, he has the ballast for the bulbs and everything. All you have to do is unscrew the 4 scres on the back of the little box and wire the ballast into the pre existent wiring. It takes about 3 minutes. Here it is wired in with the ballast underneath

fa37dfaf.jpg

fa37dfb1.jpg

Originally posted by Reefer_Buddha

cool. How will you set that up? Hang over the top?

he's gonna end up taking all the bars off and putting it ontop of a wooden hood with a hole in the top with an added 24W 71k and a 24W 12k actinic.

I used that same model and was able to attach it to one of those swinging desklamps. I think they look cooler w/ the grill attached, it gives the lamp testicles. Also, ther plastic box at the base of the lamp that contains the cables and etc, is a good place to mount an on/off switch.

Just picked up a ballast on Ebay..28.00 bucks.. the 70watt

EM85.. and the bulb for 25.00 online.. I just need to find the Regent Fixture, perhaps tomorrow..

Anything special to wire these up?

Originally posted by OxInYourBox

Got pics of the mounting Von?  

Wardo and T?@7 what bulbs were used?  

Thanks in advance.

Ox

A 70 watt catalina bulb was used in the workshop 500W regent.

Originally posted by smaug

I have a question the regants fixtures reflector what do you guys think of it?

I would have thought that the refector would have been more shiny maybe. It's basically like plain alumunum, however it seems to do a good enough job reflecting tons of light.

smaug: so far everything with the bulb looks good, the color is nice and bright and have had no problems.

about the size of the bulb, it fits into the 500W regent fine. One of the endcaps on the regent is sort of spring loaded and allows the ballast to accept a small range of bulb sizes other than the one thats in there.

Archived