Innovative Marine Aquariums

DIY 70watt or 150w MH HQI pendant

reefriot

I got the same exact one a couple weeks ago at my HD for $5 clearance. I got 2 of them, but I dont know if I want to use them.

oops.. My bad. I got the 300 watts one for $5 each. A bit smaller, but should still do the trick.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Malawianpro

LMAO didnt even notice that! just saw the wattage. I did catch another Brinks systems at walmart going to post pic tomorrow of it looks exactly the same..just cheaper

2x70watt de's will be good for sps in a 20L. 30 though, and it gets iffy. many people just have better results period with 150's b/c bulbs are better and sps needs all the light you can feed it most of the time!

Sam

• 1 year later...

Go to the lighting forum and look at Mirepa's thread on making a 70 watt HQI pendant using a Walmart Brinks 300 watt light, much better than the original Regent halogen light. Good luck!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Has anyone made one of the 70w fixtures recently? I'm looking to build one for a 2.5g I'm going to set up at my office... Any updated links of cheap ballasts etc. would be much appreciated! Thanks a ton!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone made one of the 70w fixtures recently? I'm looking to build one for a 2.5g I'm going to set up at my office... Any updated links of cheap ballasts etc. would be much appreciated! Thanks a ton!!!

heellloo! i am an old member from nano-reef, 70w would be plenty for a 10-15 gallon tank, i recommend you use LED lights for a small tank like that. or maybe a home depot outdoor light. let me know if you want me to post some pics...or a link to the item..

i have 150w aromat electronic ballasts for sale, email me at KrackerG@yahoo.com for more info!

• 4 years later...

Archived