ReefCleaners.org

Dahlia's NEW 20L PICS page 70

dahliaheartsyou

First post in this thread!

Nice job Dahlia! It's nice to find another Michigan reefer and BC29 owner. I'll keep checking back to see how you change the rocks again.

It would be nice if your sig link to this thread actually went to one that was primarily about the tank. I read all 58 pages and if you compiled the reef stuff you'd probably have a total of 10 pages about the tank; the rest is all about dogs, cats, immature innuendo, flowers and college advice which you can still keep going for all of your groupies.

I like the yellow polyps and GSP - looking good. Also nice photography. I make my money in pictures (video & stills) and you have a good eye.

Best of luck at GVSU. My daughter's best friend is there.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice tank, I enjoy seeing tanks of different aquascapes and different coral varieties.

Check out my thread, my biocube has been thriving since I added my custom built 15 gallon refugium. It has helped my tank to become more reliable.

Nice Tank!!! :happy:

Rathje70

dahliaheartsyou

thanks so much for everyone's kind words...

well, my tank sprung a leak and I changed to a new tank...it sucks because my beautiful coralline covered wall is all gone =[

and, i lost the bright green zoas, the yellow palys, and half of the ugly ones i don't care about, but now everything is growing back again....i think it was a combo of fungus and stress of moving to a new tank...

anyways, I'm in a better mood seeing as my tank is doing better now, even the blastos I thought were gone have started coming back...AND for x-mas I get $200 from my parents to spend on all reef stuff YUS!

I plan on getting a FISH?!?!?! yup it's true FINALLY! I'm thinking either

-starry blenny

-bicolor blenny

-some other cute blenny?

haha, yes i love the blennies faces if you couldn't tell...

and as for coral I plan on these possibilities

-metallic open brain

-euphyllia: frogspawn or hammer

-green whisker duncans

-scoly or cynaria

-fungia plates

-crazy colored mushies for sure

ANYWHO less talk moar picksures I KNOW

crabBUTT, trying to tiptoe around the daisies I guess

crabbutt.jpg

blue3.jpg

GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

crabgoal.jpg

and here you can see his freaky abdomen....

blue4.jpg

gspacts-1.jpg

fungia.jpg

pinksmet3.jpg

pinksmetactinic.jpg

nem1-1.jpg

nemacts.jpg

pinksmet2.jpg

pinksmet.jpg

eternals.jpg

toadstol.jpg

stomatella-1.jpg

TUNICATES!!! they are spreading like crazy and i love them

tunicates.jpg

and my favorite guy in the tank

shrimpylegs.jpg

shrimpy2.jpg

shrimpy.jpg

dahliaheartsyou
nice

needz moar fishes

you don't read much do you haha

i waited to get a fish because I wanted a stable tank and mostly because I'm so damn indecisive...

anyways, I'm getting a fish for x-mas, either a starry or bicolor blenny :happy:

you don't read much do you haha

i waited to get a fish because I wanted a stable tank and mostly because I'm so damn indecisive...

anyways, I'm getting a fish for x-mas, either a starry or bicolor blenny :happy:

oh, i remember a while ago when you were talking about not getting any fish for a while. i was just assuming you still hadn't gotten any.

but you're right - i tend not to read. :)

Blenny's I believe have the greatest personality of any fish. Go for it! I can't even get an algae strip for my Lawnmower blenny to the bottom before the fish is in my hand eating it.

dahliaheartsyou

thanks everyone, i too love those blennies!!!

I'm hoping my lfs still has the starry in but if not I'll probably get a bicolor =]

Nice tank. I like the photography too. Do you photoshop much?

thanks!

for my photos, all I do is add a black outline or fix unnatural lighting, I do NOT change them so they are unrealistic or cheat anyone looking at them.

All I have on my macbook is the basic photoshop but yeah, I get bored and make stuff sometimes or signatures for people on here =]

Last time I was at Preuss they had a pretty good amount of blennies, but I didn't see a starry one. I even had to pick up a lawnmower blenny while I was there. There's a pick of Ug my new lawnmower blenny in my gallery.

Rocket, by algae strip are you talking about nori? Just looking at various foods for mine to vary his diet.

dahliaheartsyou

he was just sitting there chillin like he was waiting for a photo shoot =]

Last time I was at Preuss they had a pretty good amount of blennies, but I didn't see a starry one. I even had to pick up a lawnmower blenny while I was there. There's a pick of Ug my new lawnmower blenny in my gallery.

hm, I saw one before but it was a while ago...did they have any bicolors you know of?

I'm probably gunna get a pearly jawfish anyways because they always have them in the back section =]

i LOVE the colors on this. let him split and send him to me lol

thanks!!

I have 3 now from splitting and I want a whole rock full before I sell =]

AWZOMESZ

FANK YOUZ SEW MUTCH!!!

:lol:

snap! that mini carpet is nice! tank looks great girl! :D

aw thanks!

you are so nice!

it's slowly coming together but should look a lot better after xmas =]

Those are incredible pics, Dahlia! When can I hire you to photog my tanks? ;):P j/k!!

thanks, they arent that great, but I try =]

i like that you can see just how hairy my lil hermit is though in these pics, and he is so weird always trying to hike up his shell around the coral haha=]

thanks, they arent that great, but I try =]

i like that you can see just how hairy my lil hermit is though in these pics, and he is so weird always trying to hike up his shell around the coral haha=]

Hair on a tiny hermit, who knew?? That is what makes those pics great! :)

Your picsss are so amazing!!!! :lol:

And bi-color blennies are basically awesome if you decide to get one. Mine is my fav fish. :)

If you ever feel like making a sig for me that would be extremely cool. :P

dahliaheartsyou

ok, so I spent like $150 today and that was holding back...

me and my best friends took a road trip to my lfs (which is actually 45 minutes lol) and I finally got A FISH OMGZ and when i was drip acclimating him and would get close he tried to carpet surf and give me a heartattck at the same time...but he's good now and found a lil spot where he pokes his head out, I'm sure he will get less shy with time

so here is what I got

-bicolor blenny: $20

-open brain, it is HUGE like 8 wide by 6 high, $70

-chameleon zoas, about 15, $15

-2 heads branching frogspawn $40

- more mysis =]

here is a fts...i need to get some epoxy so I can put them where I want...but whatev...

fts-7.jpg

ftsact.jpg

and my skrimp in deh zoas

shrimp.jpg

here he is in his acclimation bowl with a free piece of chaeto!!! haha

blenny-2.jpg

blenny2.jpg

blenny4.jpg

blenny5.jpg

the giant brain that is going to get even bigger once he isn't mad

brainyy.jpg

brain2.jpg

braintop2.jpg

brainclose.jpg

brain4.jpg

brain1.jpg

brainmouth.jpg

brainclose.jpg

flash

brainflash.jpg

actinics

braintop.jpg

brain2.jpg

brainacts2.jpg

brainacts.jpg

brainaacts3.jpg

jolly green giants/sour apples...i don't know whatever dumb name...but I dipped them and shook them and inspected(while my friends were behind me saying i was crazy) so that's why they are still partially closed...

first in the tank, I thought this was cool the way the green was streaked on the outside too

zoasclosed.jpg

zoasflash-1.jpg

chamacclimaing.jpg

chamflash.jpg

zoascham2.jpg

frogspawn

froggie.jpg

frogiespawn.jpg

flash

frogspawn1.jpg

Archived