Top Shelf Aquatics

Dahlia's NEW 20L PICS page 70

dahliaheartsyou

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey!

Just wanted to point out that your tank is amazing.

I have a BC29 too, and am trying to get things moving. I'm looking for your tank stats; what page are they on?

Or, if you could help me out, I'm spec wondering what lighting upgrade you have, whether you've upgraded the pump, and whether you're using chaeto or a skimmer.

I'm sure you've already mentioned these things, but I can't find them; sorry.

dahliaheartsyou

thanks so much everyone!

you guys are too nice :P

Pickle- I feel the exact same every time I look at it too...and it's my own thread LOL.

danktank-

my tank isn't that great, i promise lol.

but i can't wait to get a macro filter either... x-mas is too far away!!!

Veshman-

my tank is stock lighting, stock pump, and yeah....boring. but it's working for me.

nothing in the back but a heater, carbon, and poly filter, so no chaeto or skimmer, i took out the stock filter thing and threw it away (p.o.s.) and took out the bioballs/trickle tray crap.

the pump is stock but i attached one long piece of tubing and got rid of the 90 degree elbow and flow increased from that.

also, don't apologize for not being able to find a needle in a haystack... my tank thread is way tooooo long. lol.

wow gurl! your tank is sooooo nice! those zoas just pop! and your gsp is oh so pretty! keep up the good work! :D

ps...that carpet nem is TOTALLY AWESOOOOOME! wered ya getter? i want one BADLY!

i love the aqua scape it looks great i have seen our thread for a couple of weeks now and have been meaning to tell you how amazing your tank looks! Keep up the good work!

Veshman-

my tank is stock lighting, stock pump, and yeah....boring. but it's working for me.

nothing in the back but a heater, carbon, and poly filter, so no chaeto or skimmer, i took out the stock filter thing and threw it away (p.o.s.) and took out the bioballs/trickle tray crap.

the pump is stock but i attached one long piece of tubing and got rid of the 90 degree elbow and flow increased from that.

also, don't apologize for not being able to find a needle in a haystack... my tank thread is way tooooo long. lol.

Wow! I've got stock lighting +pump too, and was afraid my tank would never be "reef-like;" it's inspiring that you're able to do so much w/ only the basics. And great idea on removing the 90 degree elbow -- i'll definitely try that one.

Excellent pics, Dahlia!! They never cease to aamaze me, and everytime I see your gold fish pics, they always crack me up, lol! :lol: I too hate when nice zoas or other corals morph and change colors. :( I've had several do that on me, and it's always for the worse, ugh! =/

dahliaheartsyou

thanks everyone.

unfortunately, i am still battling the zoa pox/fungus, i thought it was gone but now it is back worse...

im not even sure what it is, i see maybe 3 dots on 1 polyp on one colony but the other looks like the polyps are slowly turning white, closing up, and disinegrating...

i don't know what to do... today i cut off all the infected polyps which was about 30% of my beautiful bright green ones and one or 2 off the other green palys...

i am very frustrated and sad....

i planned on getting $200 worth of coral for x-mas but i don't know now, i'm scared to get anymore zoas so i may just get other stuff....

=[

hmm how is your water quality? Do you add anything to your water to benifit your corals? In our little nanos essintial water elements get used up by our coral and other animals very fast.

dahliaheartsyou
hmm how is your water quality? Do you add anything to your water to benifit your corals? In our little nanos essintial water elements get used up by our coral and other animals very fast.

yes, i know this, im not a noob lol.

i don't need to dose with the coral i have and i don't have tests anyways for it.

i do a 20% water change weekly so i'm not worried about that.

the green colony that is the worst is the one that had the pox and spread to the other greens.

i should've dipped it and qt'd them but i don't have a qt tank...

buuut, i have an extra 5 gallon hex i want to make into a qt tank...

any suggestions on a light for that?

it will be strictly for zoas.

yes, i know this, im not a noob lol.

i don't need to dose with the coral i have and i don't have tests anyways for it.

i do a 20% water change weekly so i'm not worried about that.

the green colony that is the worst is the one that had the pox and spread to the other greens.

i should've dipped it and qt'd them but i don't have a qt tank...

buuut, i have an extra 5 gallon hex i want to make into a qt tank...

any suggestions on a light for that?

it will be strictly for zoas.

try this

here u go sweetheart...theyre stylish too!! great for a small qt tank. hope all goes well wit ur pwetty zowas!

good luck!

Archived