ReefCleaners.org

Lalani's Pico Upgrade

Lalani

avalanche1201

wow! thats an awesome looking 10g. I have an empty 10 in my dorm room I might upgrade to from my 3gal for my mantis...I might have to go w/ the false wall idea. Its look amazing, keep it up

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
purplefirefish, green banded gobies, rusty gobies, masked gobies, I think the orange striped cardninals mite be too much for the tank since they should be in a group.

Thanks. I'm thinking either a firefish and another small goby or three masked gobies... We'll see what the LFSs have when I go to get another clown for the 20H. The clownfish and YCG are starting to get a little two close and I'm not very comfortable with the whole interspecies relationship stuff. :lol:

wow! thats an awesome looking 10g. I have an empty 10 in my dorm room I might upgrade to from my 3gal for my mantis...I might have to go w/ the false wall idea. Its look amazing, keep it up

Thanks! :D

I figured it out! All by myself, too! Mind you, this drawing is still a work in progress, as I am a SUN (SketchUp Noob) :D

29g_pic.jpg

You can see the partition separating the display tank from the refugium/return area, and the eggcrate material to keep the refugium inhabitants from the return area. I still have to draw in the powerhead and perforation for the flow back into the display. The full size image can be seen here.

I'll start a new thread at some point on the plans for this, as to not be a threadjacker! Thanks for allowing me to use your thread, Kim!

Wow, that's going to be one spiffy lookin' tank! I'm anxious to see it full size and operational. Are you going to have it peninsula style or viewed from one of the longer sides?

I was really bored today, so I played around with macros. I guess that means you guys benefit from my boredom. :P

DSCN8911.jpg

DSCN8918.jpg

DSCN8921.jpg

DSCN8925.jpg

DSCN8932.jpg

DSCN8936.jpg

DSCN8938.jpg

DSCN8939.jpg

DSCN8944.jpg

DSCN8946.jpg

DSCN8948.jpg

DSCN8952.jpg

WOW, beautiful macros, Kim. Love your pictures ;)

They are of such high quality...... anyone would think you were a photographer?! :huh:

singmealullaby
The clownfish and YCG are starting to get a little two close and I'm not very comfortable with the whole interspecies relationship stuff. :lol:

come on Lalani! it's the year 2008. :slap::)

The new tank I am getting does not have a top and I have a cat. I see in your picture that you have a cat. Do I have to worry about my cat since the tank is topless?

Well, I've got two cats and they are pretty well behaved. Every once in a while, when I am looking at the tank, the little one will put his paws up on the rim and sniffs the water, that's all. The bigger cat, on the other hand, will let me know she wants fresh water in her bowl by tasting the saltwater from the tank (only when I'm messing with the tank). Other than that, I haven't had any trouble with them. But, I do recall one thread about someone's cat throwing up in their tank and caused some trouble. :huh:

I don't worry about them though. The pico was open-top also and they never bothered it.

Well, I've got two cats and they are pretty well behaved. Every once in a while, when I am looking at the tank, the little one will put his paws up on the rim and sniffs the water, that's all. The bigger cat, on the other hand, will let me know she wants fresh water in her bowl by tasting the saltwater from the tank (only when I'm messing with the tank). Other than that, I haven't had any trouble with them. But, I do recall one thread about someone's cat throwing up in their tank and caused some trouble. :huh:

I don't worry about them though. The pico was open-top also and they never bothered it.

thanks

I have two cats also

More pics...

I'm really surprised at how quickly the rocks are coloring up. It seems that as soon as the snails started cleaning, the real colors of the rock started showing and now it's all visible! I can't wait to start trying to raise the baby sexy shrimp. The first batch I will try will be a small one, and if I am successful, those will go into this tank. Then I will try for larger groups of babies. :)

Waiting for the coralline to grow in the false wall...

IMG_0318.jpg

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

My view from the futon:

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0313.jpg

The brown duster has completely dumped his old tube and is now happy in the sand:

IMG_0315.jpg

Love the way the feather duster has dissed the tube and 'pitched his tent' in the sand! LOL. Marine life never fails to amaze me........ same goes for your photographs, Kim B)

Love the way the feather duster has dissed the tube and 'pitched his tent' in the sand! LOL. Marine life never fails to amaze me........ same goes for your photographs, Kim B)

Thank you, Marie...... so when are you going to start a tank thread? ;)

noobofreefs

Your tank looks great! The feather duster looks even better since last time I looked.

BTW I think that hammer is going to look awesome in the place you have it. Especially when it grows out!

You have almost convinced me to do a sexy shrimp pico...

Oh yeah and like everyone else said...great pictures!

NOR

Archived