Innovative Marine Aquariums

Lalani's Pico Upgrade

Lalani

Wow! Placing Diane and I in the same sentence is a huge compliment, thank you!!!!

I think a 29gal. tank like this would look incredible. If you sectioned off 1/4 of the tank for the back chamber, it would be around 7.25 gal., which is a decent size for the equipment. You could always section off more or less, to your liking.

I have to say that I am very pleased with the whole thing. The surface of the water is so clear and still, and it was simple enough for me to wrap my little brain around the idea. :P

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey!

PICTURES PLEASE :D:D:D:D

They make my day ;)

As soon as the water clears!!!! :P

I think a YWG would be a great addition! i cant wait to see the new pics!!!!!

I'm having second thoughts on the YWG.. I've heard about a couple of incidents where YWGs have eaten shrimp, and I want to cater to the sexy shrimp in this tank. I'm hoping to breed them, so I don't want anybody going after them, that's for sure!!

lilredneckman
I'm having second thoughts on the YWG.. I've heard about a couple of incidents where YWGs have eaten shrimp, and I want to cater to the sexy shrimp in this tank. I'm hoping to breed them, so I don't want anybody going after them, that's for sure!!

Now that i think about it it seems like i have read this somewhere before too. How about a YCG?

I have a YCG in my 20H already, so I'm looking for something different. I was thinking about 3 masked gobies, but mom wants something really colorful. :rolleyes: Suggestions welcome!

Anybody know anything about Orange Lined Cardinalfish?

Got back home yesterday, from a weekend trip to Mobile, AL. My dad was in charge of all of the animals and fish tanks, and surprisingly.... everything is alive and well! :lol:

Yesterday afternoon I went ahead and transfered everything from the pico to this tank, and added a couple of feather dusters that we brought back from Mobile. The female sexy shrimp released another batch of babies last night, possibly due to the stress of the move, but they looked ok and were squirming around. I've cleaned out the pico, so maybe it will be set up as a larvae tank for the next batch.

Anyways, here are some pics. Nothing glamorous, and most everything is closed up because I moved the rocks a little while ago and added the hammer from the 20H. I'll probably move it a little to the right, to hide the eggcrate in the back chamber. I just need to add a couple of hermit crabs from the 20H and it'll be finished for now. :)

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0099.jpg

IMG_0095.jpg

IMG_0088.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

WOW- another masterpiece Kim. Love the feather dusters!!!!!!!

Water looks beautiful, and clear as always..... BEAUTIFUL :D

Thanks you two!

Glad you like it, Marie. :)

I think I'm really lucky because the two sexies are staying pretty much in full view, and spend most of their time on the rock in the very front of the tank. They look quite happy, so I'm happy too!

noobofreefs

Wow that feather duster is really cool! :o

Great pictures, looks like everything went well with the move! Be sure to post some pictures when everything opens up.

NOR

debbeach13

I love everything about this set up. The still water surface is sweet. I think if you ever wanted to you could make that style stand and sell them. I bet Mom is very happy.

Wow looks great Lalani! Now i am wanthing some sexies!

Sexies are awesome! :D

I love everything about this set up. The still water surface is sweet. I think if you ever wanted to you could make that style stand and sell them. I bet Mom is very happy.

It's funny you mention that. We actually thought about making a couple more and finding out if anyone was interested in buying them. It's still possible!

singmealullaby

I love those feather dusters too! They're really cool. Have you decided about what fish your gonna add yet or are you still thinking? :huh:

Still haven't decided... Mom's not making it easy either. She wants something colorful and something that will swim and be active.... which doesn't leave many choices for such a small tank. -_-

/me drools

On another note, how in the heck do you take a Google Sketch-Up image and make it postable? I did a drawing of the 29G I'm doing ala Lalani, and want to show it off ;)

Oooooh, I wanna see! I've never even heard of the google sketch-up thingy, but can you save the image as any filetype or is it web-based?

Edit: Oh yeah, female sexy shrimp is loaded with babies again. I need to get some brine shrimp eggs soon!

Well, Sketch-Up saves the files as ".skp" files -- I suppose I can open it up with Sketch-Up, take a screenshot, then crop/save it. I'll see what I can come up with!

Well, Sketch-Up saves the files as ".skp" files -- I suppose I can open it up with Sketch-Up, take a screenshot, then crop/save it. I'll see what I can come up with!

Hope you can figure it out, or else you'll have to hand draw it for us! :P

wow!

Amazing aquascape there mate!!

Glad the transfer went well!

Thanks!

Few pictures, as usual:

IMG_0140.jpg

Couple of new mushrooms, thanks to Izzue, they are freakin' awesome!:

IMG_0113.jpg

Sexies are enjoying the hammer, even though it's not opening much:

IMG_0121.jpg

And interesting development with the brown duster. He had not been opening much since being in the tank. I had him sitting on top of a rock, but noticed he was trying to get down to the sand. So I buried him all the way up to where the brown tube started.... I guess he was so comfortable in that spot, that he disconnected the brown tube completely! He's staying out most of the day now, so I guess he's happy:

IMG_0132.jpg

purplefirefish, green banded gobies, rusty gobies, masked gobies, I think the orange striped cardninals mite be too much for the tank since they should be in a group.

Archived