Cultivated Reef

HDR?!?!?!?

dshnarw

He had a lot more desert shots...... I remember now that he deleted his entire gallery one time.... :(

Anyways, your photos struck a chord in the old memory bank...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only bad thing is seems people take this HDR in Photomatix and take it to the extreme and looks way over done. Especially those shots on HDRcream. they look like way way way to much effect.

Only bad thing is seems people take this HDR in Photomatix and take it to the extreme and looks way over done. Especially those shots on HDRcream. they look like way way way to much effect.

I completely agree, but it is a source of info. I just stumbled upon (that stupid toolbar is addictive) it.

I was at the San Diego County Fair on Sunday. Their photography exhibit was incredible - all subjects and genres were covered, as well as several techniques, both classic and modern. What I found particularly interesting is that the designers of the gallery space chose to put the winners of the HDR format adjacent to the incredible display of gum bichromates. The juxtaposition was spectacular.

Anyway, I was glad to see digital manipulation achieve the artistic status it often deserves. Even what some would consider the 'overdone' HDR images display a level of artistry and skill not many can master, imo.

For lighting?

for everything. It was supposed to be the week before..was a perfect sunny blue sky day..but was pushed to the next week..and it poured all day so had to do the shots in a guys garage. Not the best but they didnt come out to bad.

Anyway, I was glad to see digital manipulation achieve the artistic status it often deserves. Even what some would consider the 'overdone' HDR images display a level of artistry and skill not many can master, imo.

+1

I wish we got clouds like that out here. Nice job.

take some of mine..we have clouds like that here EVERYDAY

Hmm... on second thought, those clouds look a little rainy, and 110 degree heat + 100% humidity = bad times.

I'll keep my clear skies and 8% humidity, thanks. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got some pics from Hawaii edited and did a few as single-image HDRs, with varying levels of subtlety:

Kapaa, Kauai sunrise:

IMG_2806hdr.jpg

Hanalei, Kauai church:

IMG_3020hdr.jpg

Queens Bath, Kauai tide pools:

IMG_3070hdr.jpg

La'ie Point, Oahu:

IMG_3746hdr.jpg

Makapuu Point, Oahu:

IMG_3903hdr.jpg

Sunset from the tidepool at Shark's Cove, North Shore, Oahu:

IMG_4265hdr.jpg

IMG_4284hdr.jpg

from the Honolulu Zoo:

IMG_4436hdr.jpg

And 2 versions from Valley of the Temples, Oahu - first is more realistic, but I like the second one as well:

IMG_3503hdr.jpg

IMG_3503hdr2.jpg

Awesome. You hiked out to La'ie? It's beautiful out there, and it gets amazing waves in the winter. I lived in Wailua for a year, right on the edge by Makapu'u Beach. I love that part of Oahu, mainly because there's not many tourists.

My favorite is the church in Hanalei. :wub:

Holy cow, those shots are all terrific! Especially that tide pool shot. :o

WELCOME BACK!

Thanks :) That may be my favorite photo from the trip, the algae really makes it stand out :D I wish I'd taken more shots of them

Looks like quite the discussion while I was gone from the thread :)

Awesome. You hiked out to La'ie? It's beautiful out there, and it gets amazing waves in the winter. I lived in Wailua for a year, right on the edge by Makapu'u Beach. I love that part of Oahu, mainly because there's not many tourists.

My favorite is the church in Hanalei. :wub:

We rented a cabin in Hau'ula, and spent most of our time around Hale'iwa, snorkeling places like Waimea Beach and Shark's Cove, hiked La'ie, Makapu'u. I'd LOVE to be there during the winter surf season and see the waves...

That side of the island is really beautiful, we just made the mistake of going there after we went to Kauai. Honolulu/Waikiki is a bit of a drag after we've been to a nice, cozy, and less crowded Kauai. Just doesn't seem like paradise with tourists and traffic ;) But if we ever get to take a winter trip, my vote is for North Shore of Oahu.

The church shot was taken by Amber from the car window :D She'll be thrilled...

Wow that whole set is phenomenal. I'd definitely purchase prints of at least 4 of those.

Wow...thanks man!

:lol: That could be arranged ;)

Archived