Coral Vue Hydros

Day Job

scottyreef

pismo_reefer

i grow medicine for medical marijuana patients that dont have the strength to do it for themselves. i.e, chemo patients, fatigued aids patients, etc.

helping is nice.

Im an Information Communication Technologist.....IT guy. Computers are my thing I love technology :P. you guys ever need any computer stuff let me know i have plenty :D.

First job was at a print shop

I am currently a Transition Coordinator for the Behavioural Management Department of a Hospital.

I work with familys who have a child with Autism and help them transition from a clinic setting to a classroom in the community. It is rewarding job bc I see kids with special needs succeed and integrate into the community.

I also taught grade 1 at a international school for a year and managed the school the year after.

I work with kids to put it plainly.

Cool thread.

i'm an "IT Professional"

that's what I call it at least... i dabble in a lot of stuff but my focus is pc support/repair. trying to get my mcse and move over to full time server administration

anyway i work for a fortune 1000 company in their corporate office doing internal support mostly (not help desk crap more advanced support heh)

Brianbeck27

I'm a public health inspector at a local health unit and a university student. A large part of my day involves inspecting pools/spas and taking beach water samples.

Lots of IT guys! :D

Pretty sure I posted this as well but I'm currently working level 2 desktop support for the government. I'm taking my 70-290 this month! En route to an MCSA.

OcellarisLouLou

I'm an animator working in television. lol I've been between contracts for 3 months and don't start back until the 15th but for some reason I though 2 months ago would be a great time to start my reef tank. (The DisneyXD/Jetix/Teletoon show "Jimmy Two Shoes" paid for the tank)

Edited by OcellarisLouLou
highonfumes

I work for the postal service. I'm part of a group that keeps track of/manages their vehicle inventory. I'm not borderline crazy...I swear. ;)

i grow medicine for medical marijuana patients that dont have the strength to do it for themselves. i.e, chemo patients, fatigued aids patients, etc.

helping is nice.

I agree, and applaud your efforts. Did you see the new Attorney General wont prosecute for marijuana related crimes if legal in that state? Need any help from the East Coast?

Im a European car tech, worked at BMW, Benz, Audi, Ferrari (short time) Porsche and Jaguar. Now just at a private shop, but kinda reconsidering my decision for a career. Solar energy is blowing up!

The_Yellow_Pony

yet another IT guy here. I provide tier 2 and admin support for a webhosting company.

Although.... I think I am in the market for a career change. The desk just isn't cutting it for me.

Looking at starting school in the fall as a biology major....hmmm....

kyrie_eleison
hi everyone

i was wonder what do my fellow nano-reef due to make the cash to pay for there reef aquarium addiction.

i personally work as a Instrmentation & Controls Engineer for the Company AEP. its not glamous work but i make good money and have fairly good life as of yet. but while i was in college i did every kind of job ranging from pizza cook to working a brewery to aqurium cleaner thats how i started my hobby. so if you guys would like to share what you do to make the coral cash that is so important our lives

Cheers

scott

PS. Tell me about your best and your worst day job or night jobs

I design bridges for the State of California.

MyLiquidBlue

I'm a high school reading teacher, so not much money for the fish tanks...FL is last in all 50 states for education spending. I have 11th and 12th graders who read far below grade level (from 6th-8th grade level). Its tough, but it can be very rewarding...especially when they actually graduate.

Before that I was a store manager for Hot Topic...that was fun, but the money was worse than teaching.

I'm a swimming pool technician...poolguy... :lol:

I've been in this trade for about twelve years, five running my own business here in Florida. I do equipment repair, new installations, maintenance & and sometimes surface renovation.

Lots of sun, lots of water testing, but NO chicks in bikini :(

Edited by jdantunes
kyrie_eleison
I'm a high school reading teacher, so not much money for the fish tanks...FL is last in all 50 states for education spending. I have 11th and 12th graders who read far below grade level (from 6th-8th grade level). Its tough, but it can be very rewarding...especially when they actually graduate.

Before that I was a store manager for Hot Topic...that was fun, but the money was worse than teaching.

I used to be a highschool teacher also (math/science). It is rewarding but frustrating also.

Another IT guy reporting in.

I'm a network administrator for a university. I am also responsible for sections of our website. My 6g Nanocube is right here in my office.

I work 2 jobs, about 30 hours a week at walmart and about another 30 hours a week building high end audio setups in cars and trucks. Mostly deal with alot of fiberglass door panels and molding tvs in and such. Pays for my hobby and then some :)

I own and operate a lawn and landscape firm in Indianapolis Indiana and have been doing it since I was 16.Cutting grass that is. Then I got a landscape degree and then went back to school to learn about fertilizers and pesticides.Now I run a large lawn service with a landscape division and we dable in snow and ice removal in the winter. I make enough to keep the lights on and buy a few reef supplys to keep me happy. Best day on the job found a tube sock on the side of the road with 1100 dollars in it. True story and yes I spent every penny of it after I went and purchased a counterfeit pen to make sure it was real.Worst day on the job turned a 15000 dollar tractor over into a pond.

Brad

I'm a swimming pool technician...poolguy... :lol:

I've been in this trade for about twelve years, five running my own business here in Florida. I do equipment repair, new installations, maintenance & and sometimes surface renovation.

Lots of sun, lots of water testing, but NO chicks in bikini :(

My wife want a inground pool so bad.That is all I hear if you buy me a pool if you buy me a pool GRRRRRRR.She wants a fiberglass drop in type. I showed her this thread and she said awesome I love that guy and I don't even know him.All because you are a pool boy LOL. Don't worry she calls me the lawn boy and about 30 other residental customers. Any who cool job I like jobs like pool,spa maintenance.

Brad

I just got done with school in december. Got a BA in business administration with an emphasis in management. I live thousands of miles from any ocean in Omaha, NE. I work at AFLAC selling supplemental insurance but am looking for something a little more steady and predictable.