Coral Vue Hydros

The Unofficial Sexy Shrimp Thread

Lalani

got mine from liveaquaria. they were on sale $5.99 each

Man, missed that. It's $9.99 now. Too bad bluezooaquatics doesn't have them in-stock. They have free shipping $75+

Man, missed that. It's $9.99 now. Too bad bluezooaquatics doesn't have them in-stock. They have free shipping $75+

Yay, my sexies are on their way. Just emailed bluezooaquatics and it turns out they have them in stock. The guy there let me take advantage of the weekend offer free priority overnight shipping for a $75+ order :D

Edited by nimrod

got a halfway decent pic of 3 of em living it up by my zoas :) the 4th is on a back rock alone as always (you can kinda sorta see him if you look real hard) and the 5th is still nowhere to be found :(

nano021.jpg

Edited by bosco

Well i have been thinking about getting the fluval edge and i was wondering

1. Could i have 5 sexies?

2. What is a good fish to put in with them? (If Possible)

Edited by hlander
Yay, my sexies are on their way. Just emailed bluezooaquatics and it turns out they have them in stock. The guy there let me take advantage of the weekend offer free priority overnight shipping for a $75+ order :D

Cool!

got a halfway decent pic of 3 of em living it up by my zoas :) the 4th is on a back rock alone as always (you can kinda sorta see him if you look real hard) and the 5th is still nowhere to be found :(

Nice! They are really good at hiding, so don't give up on the 5th just yet. :)

Well i have been thinking about getting the fluval edge and i was wondering

1. Could i have 5 sexies?

2. What is a good fish to put in with them? (If Possible)

6gal tank, right? Yeah, 5 would be fine. And as far as fish.... anything that'll do well in a 6gal. Any fish is fine as long as they aren't ornamental shrimp eaters.

Alright, so I put in 3 sexy's and at first I thought they were freakin' awesome! ...And then they started munching on my green paly's. I feed them twice a day now. I've tried two different types of food, first Arcti-pods, and now Spectrum fish pellets, both recommendations from the LFS. They can grab the large chunks of Arcti-pods no problem and chow down, and they love to grab the fish pellets and chow down...however, every time I look at my green paly's I can see they are still munching on them, or I catch one in the act. I shoo them away with a stainless stick and even blow them off with my turkey baster and they still do it!

Any other advice before I get pissed and get rid of them?

I have just got my first sexy shrimp in my 10g nano tank. I am going to pick up two more from the LFS next week. Lots of corals, including zoas to spare especially some random patches of non-colorful ones, but I am planning to feed every day or every other day. I also have a peppermint shrimp.... any need I should be worried about fighting with the peppermint? Also, anyone else have trouble with percs stealing food from the tweezers before the sexy gets it?

The shrimp is already hosting under my torch coral!

Thanks

i was wondering...how often do these shrimp get sucked by the filter? im planning on a pico with a AC50 or AC70..kinda worried about these little critters

Sorry about the frogspawn, but I highly doubt the sexies contributed to it's demise. Sexies will readily host long tentacle LPS like frogspawn/hammer/torch. How was it looking before you added the sexies?

So I'm adding new coral to the tank and my lone sexy shrimp (after I flushed the other two bastards) was looking kinda fat. Sure enough, babies!! Hundreds of them! ##### got pregnant while the other two boys were in town. What a slut.

The light turns off on the timer and I wasn't done topping off for the day so I turned it back on. And then BAM! She starts shaking her booty and like 20 babies fly off! And then a minute later she shakes really hard and there were hundreds!

Hundreds of babies! Swimming!

It was quite a moment for my family, hahaha. We all screamed so loud when it happened. We are all officially dorks now.

And then within 3 minutes my clownfish ate all the babies. No shens. The circle of life continues...

Where did everyone get their sexies? :)

Got mine at the LFS. He had 5, I bought 3, he sold out in 1 day. It's been weeks and he says he can't find them anymore. I guess they are hard to find?