Pod Your Reef

Lalani's 2.5gal. Pico

Lalani

Cooool, that'll look great!

I'm thinking about taking the chaeto from the ACmini and putting it into the display.... guess I'll have to wait until tomorrow. I've just always been interested in having a sort of fuge display.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
el fabuloso
LMAO!!! I love your use of "squat shrimp"! I can see it catching on!

I seriously thought she was making it up so I Googled it and I almost fell out of my chair! :lol:

Ahhhh I don't even have a fish yet and your Pico makes me want to start my own Pico! Why do I already feel the need to have an additional tank, noooo this is bad, very bad... Looks great!

Ahhhh I don't even have a fish yet and your Pico makes me want to start my own Pico! Why do I already feel the need to have an additional tank, noooo this is bad, very bad... Looks great!

MTS.... Its a disease! Multiple Tank Syndrome! :lol:

I'm definitely going to add pulsing xenia sooner or later. I'm going to look on my local reef clubs classifieds and see if I can get some nice LR and xenia. Thanks for the macroalgae ID you guys! :)

I'm definitely going to add pulsing xenia sooner or later. I'm going to look on my local reef clubs classifieds and see if I can get some nice LR and xenia. Thanks for the macroalgae ID you guys! :)

Once it grows enough, I'd love to get some from you for my macroalgae display tank I'm setting up.

Reef Chicks

I have lots of xenia I can give you; just pay for shipping. If you're interested, when I get back from vacation (April 7), I can frag you some. You too Weetie.

Once it grows enough, I'd love to get some from you for my macroalgae display tank I'm setting up.

Absolutely. :)

I was thinking about taking some of the corals out of the pico, adding xenia, and just letting the macroalgaes and xenia grow as they please. Just yesterday, I took some of the chaeto out of the AC mini and wrapped it around the filter intake. The sexies are enjoying it a lot. Any flake food that escapes from them gets trapped on the chaeto and they can get to it again.

I have lots of xenia I can give you; just pay for shipping. If you're interested, when I get back from vacation (April 7), I can frag you some. You too Weetie.

Thanks so much for the offer! But I've always heard that xenia doesn't do too well in shipping?

If you ever get by Beaumont I have a few frags of xenia you could have. I have heard it doesn't ship for crap but I suppose we could give it a shot. Let me peel some of my tank wall and attach it to some rubble, I would like to see how it does in shipping.

EDIT: we posted at the same time, offer still stands if you make it by this way..........no I'm not hitting on you.......

phishyaly, I have plenty of xenia but thanks for the offer.

Xenia is difficult to ship and must be shipped overnight, but I can tell you how to do it when you're ready, just remind me.

I'm getting ready to ship some tomorrow!

If you ever get by Beaumont I have a few frags of xenia you could have. I have heard it doesn't ship for crap but I suppose we could give it a shot. Let me peel some of my tank wall and attach it to some rubble, I would like to see how it does in shipping.

Well if you want to try, why not? It wouldn't have far to travel. Just let me know when its ready and we'll sort out the cost. Thanks! :)

I just can't see paying +$35 for one stalk of xenia from the local stores.

EDIT: we posted at the same time, offer still stands if you make it by this way..........no I'm not hitting on you.......

:lol:

And I don't think I'll be venturing into Texas any time soon. :P

Well if you want to try, why not? It wouldn't have far to travel. Just let me know when its ready and we'll sort out the cost. Thanks! :)

I just can't see paying +$35 for one stalk of xenia from the local stores.

:lol:

And I don't think I'll be venturing into Texas any time soon. :P

Yeah that is crazy, I paid $20 for a good size frag from a local reefer and it spread like mad. Honestly, when it comes time to ship it, it might be easier to get it off the glass and not attach it to anything. That way it isn't being beaten up by the rubble on the way. You can attach it when it gets there. We'll see.

To ship it, float it upside down on some styrofoam, better chance of it surviving shipping. I got red sea xenia i can send somebody

To ship it, float it upside down on some styrofoam, better chance of it surviving shipping. I got red sea xenia i can send somebody

How is red sea xenia different from regular xenia? I'm curious. :)

Reef Chicks

I am curious too. I know there' different kinds. I have pulsing xenia and blue xenia, which is clove polyps (???), but that's not very big because its new.

Archived