Coral Vue Hydros

Lalani's 2.5gal. Pico

Lalani

Well, I consolidated two of my other tanks into one so that I wouldn't have as much maintanence to do, and I've been planning on switching out my pico tanks... Going from a 2.5minibow to a 2.5gal. aga. Now my mother, to whom the tank technically belongs to, wants to upgrade! She wants to take everything from the Sexy Tank and move it into a 5(or 5.5)gal. aga.... Guess I'll have to name it the Super Sexy Tank. :happy:

I told her that as long as she pays for the extra rock, sand, and other inhabitants, I'll maintain it for her. This does give me a chance to keep some different inverts.. maybe an interesting crab or two. And maybe a small goby. Who knows!

Did I tell you guys that this tank is sitting next to its fraternal twin, a 2.5gal. Minibow betta tank?

IMG_8561.jpg

Friendly neighborhood bristleworm.... I still don't know why people hate these guys so much.. He's one of the best members of the CUC:

IMG_8822.jpg

Cerith eggs:

DSCN8800.jpg

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know this thread is about your pico, but have you ever tried to breed your Betta? I had a Betta tank years ago and tried to breed, but I was too young and irresponsible so the frye didn't live very long.

Nice tanks BTW I think your mother has a good idea...

Thanks,

Polly

Those are both very beautiful tanks lalani!

Thanks!

I know this thread is about your pico, but have you ever tried to breed your Betta? I had a Betta tank years ago and tried to breed, but I was too young and irresponsible so the frye didn't live very long.

Thanks, Polly. I'm not too keen on the idea of breeding Bettas. That involves having separate tanks for the male and females and watching out for aggression when they are together. Then having another tank to transfer the fry to. Lots of work involved.

Right now I'm considering breeding my sexy shrimp. It takes about 19 days for them to reach the end of the larval stage, so it doesn't take very long to raise them. If I transfer everything from this pico to a new 5gal. tank, I can keep this one running with just an airstone for water circulation, heater, thermometer, and maybe some dim lighting. They eat baby brine shrimp from the first day. :)

el fabuloso

Breeding sexy shrimps, that would be an exciting project! And then you can totally make money off them. :happy:

BTW, nice betta tank!

Breeding sexy shrimps, that would be an exciting project! And then you can totally make money off them. :happy:

BTW, nice betta tank!

Hehe, wouldn't that be cool? I wouldn't have to pay $20 a pop anymore. ;)

Thanks!

:) Breeding is an excellent idea! Maybe by the time you're ready to sell my 5.5g will be ready for a crew!

Thanks,

Polly

:) Breeding is an excellent idea! Maybe by the time you're ready to sell my 5.5g will be ready for a crew!

If I'm successful, you'll be at the top of the list. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Crappy shots, another reason I will be glad to upgrade to a glass tank.

IMG_9200.jpg

Finally found the little ric that floated away when I first added it. He was hiding in a cave and had lost a lot of color.. not to mention he was 1/4 his original size. Trying to let him attach to a rock in a shot glass:

IMG_9322.jpg

IMG_9324.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived