SaltCritters.com

Lalani's 2.5gal. Pico

Lalani

el fabuloso

You were watching them? Perv! :lol:

Now I can't wait to inspect mine because I know one is bigger than the other. I just figured he/she was older or fatter.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You were watching them? Perv! :lol:

I was..... researching! :P

Btw, nice title, "Sexy Shrimp Pimp"

Maybe I should change mine to "Sexy Shrimp Voyeur" :lol:

Mmmmm Hmmmm :P

That's what they all say

What's wrong with that! B)

DO IT!!!

Done...... *sigh* peer pressure.

el fabuloso
Done...... *sigh* peer pressure.

See, that wasn't so hard. Plus I think it goes well with your avatar. Now if you can only Photoshop a silhouette of a sexy shrimp on that eyeball... j/k! :P

Reef Chicks

question... I just got my 5 sexies. How big a tank can I put them in? I was going to put them in my 2 gallon pico but I gave that away yesterday out of frustration. Can I put them in my bowfront 16? Its new but it has fully cured rock. Also, what fish can they co-exist with that will not eat them? HELP! I am acclimating!

Oh, another option is the 2.5gallon pico at home, packed with corals and a green banded clown goby.

question... I just got my 5 sexies. How big a tank can I put them in? I was going to put them in my 2 gallon pico but I gave that away yesterday out of frustration. Can I put them in my bowfront 16? Its new but it has fully cured rock. Also, what fish can they co-exist with that will not eat them? HELP! I am acclimating!

Oh, another option is the 2.5gallon pico at home, packed with corals and a green banded clown goby.

I vote for the 2.5gal pico! Sexies are tiny, as you can see, and will be difficult to view in anything over 5gal. Plus, the 16gal. is still too new to add anything, especially shrimp that are sensitive to nitrate. Even if you used fully cured LR, if the rock was exposed to air for more than say... 10 minutes, you will most likely have a mini-cycle, and I don't know how the sexies will cope with that. There is also the issue of them having to compete with your CUC and can easily get bullied around by crabs and other shrimp.

That's awesome! :lol:

Well I got my pimp cup. I guess that make me official! ;)

Now we just need to get you the cane and hat and you will be a Master Shrimp Pimp! :o

nice sexies lalani :)
Love it! great shots!

Thanks you two! :)

I just bought my sexy shrimp two days ago. I just got it because it looked so cool! I have seen them at my LFS the last 3 times I have been there. There have always been 2. Now I think I will go back tonight and see if the other one is still there! I didn't realize they were so hard to come by! I paid $13.99 for mine so I guess that was a little high. But it was worth it for me because I like them so much! And it got me membership into the club so I guess that was a bargain!

I have him (not a clue if it really is a him but he seems like a him to me) in my 6 gal nano cube. I guess he is pretty social. Every time I go in he is in a different spot but always visible.

BTW what is everybody feeing theirs?

el fabuloso

Welcome to the club! Most LFS don't carry them regularly so you totally lucked out. And $14 a pop isn't too bad. I feed mine shrimp pellets every other day and frozen baby brine or cyclop-eeze once a week. It's fun watching them eat and it amazes me how they can always find where the pellets are. They're mean little bastards too and will snatch food out of the hermits' claws.

Welcome to the club! Most LFS don't carry them regularly so you totally lucked out. And $14 a pop isn't too bad. I feed mine shrimp pellets every other day and frozen baby brine or cyclop-eeze once a week. It's fun watching them eat and it amazes me how they can always find where the pellets are. They're mean little bastards too and will snatch food out of the hermits' claws.

Thanks. It seem like every one says something different. So far I don't have to feed my tank at all so I know I really need to feed my sexies something! It sounds like they will eat pretty much anything though huh?

Thanks. It seem like every one says something different. So far I don't have to feed my tank at all so I know I really need to feed my sexies something! It sounds like they will eat pretty much anything though huh?

If you don't feed them they might start nibbling on your corals, esp. zoas, so get 'em some food pronto!!

el fabuloso

They really do eat just about anything. You'll have to feed them regularly if you want them to leave your corals alone! Once I tried skipping a feeding day and they were frantically digging at my corals looking for food.

Archived