Pickle010

OK... got the chiller cleaned out and working so as promised

here are some pics of some of the new corals - and some old ones as well:

War coral - started this guy from a a frag the size of a marble -

you can still see the marble in the shape of it on the top:

IMG_6432.jpg

The two in the front I've had - the two towards the back are new:

IMG_6591.jpg

The one on top is new - the bottom front one is turning into a favorite of mine:

IMG_6594.jpg

Looks like a birds nest here - about 4" tall - nice free frag!

IMG_6595.jpg

This one is small but I like the bright green polyps:

IMG_6597.jpg

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needreefunds

Wow, just got caught up on this thread Pickle!

You have been through quite a bit with this one and now sounds like an upgrade is near

Great pics and congrats on all those new additions.

That War coral is awesome! B)

:)

Thanks man.. I'm still debating on the 75 - I'd have to upgrade a lot of equiptment. So it's either go big - which I really want to do or redo a 40 bdr the right way - plumb it and add sump. I'm really wishing I had the 4 inches or real estate back that I used to create the AIO concept in this tank and there are a couple of things I'd of done differently - like never having added xenia, gsp and this crazy growing paly I have. I swear these palys are insane. I started with 5 heads and mmust 3 or 4 hundred now.

pickle, what is the overall flow in your tank right now?

Homemade back wall - flows through 4 rear chambers -

1. inlet

2. home made media rack - fliter floss and chemi pure

3. feeds chiller / hob refugium / heater

4. chiller return / 2 return pumps feeding loc line Y's / refugium return

how many gallons per hour total?

Turn over?

Not counting flow through the chiller it's just over 60x turn over with the 2 koralias.

or 2450 gph

Thanks. that helps me decide if I should go for a Koralia 2 or 3 for my tank. I have flow from 2 filter and 2 powerheads so far, but I need another power head for upper flow. You helped me a lot on that. thanks.

When I ran my BC29 I ran one Koralia 2 on the opposite side of my return - pointed the return and koralia upwards toward the top front of the tank. Seemed to work pretty well water crashed in the front and came back through the rocks. The dead spots where minimal.

I tried the 3 in there but it blew my sand around.

That is what I did when I had my AP24, but when I upgraded to a regular 29g tank and now the 55g I don't have dead spots but I think the original sps I had ended up getting toppled over by my large hermit crab before the move and just got over having Rapid Tissue Necrosis. Thankfully the base has survived so far. I am also getting 3 new sps frags in the mail this week. They were on sale for $10 each so I just want to ensure I have enough flow for them now that I definately know I have enough light. So far I have 1140gph flow so just need a few hundred more gph.

Just be careful that the flow isn't direct - my SPS like a lot flow but not direct flow - too much straight on them can blow the tissue off.

Looking good neighbor! How you liking the heat?

:)

Oh man... it is absolutely rediculas and it isn't even full blown summer yet. Allthought the storm last night was cool. I haven't seen lightning like that since I lived on the east coast.

The war coral is awesome!

Pics of media rack please! :D

Ha... no can do... I built it in the rear chammbers when I set it up. All I did was spread two baffles about 5 inches apart and made some ledges with left over acrylic material. Then I just trimmed some shelves out of light defuser. Works out perfectly for me.

latteslave
Oh man... it is absolutely rediculas and it isn't even full blown summer yet. Allthought the storm last night was cool. I haven't seen lightning like that since I lived on the east coast.

Yep - thought I was going to have to fish my shed out of the pool. But what a light show!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We would like to see some new pics also. :D

Shows you how often I check my own thread.... lol

I'll get some pics up soon. I'm in the middle of re-doing almost everything - so bear with me guys!

Great news - at least I'm excited about it.

After 4 months my clowns found the anemone - I didn't think they'd ever find it.

Last night after lights went out they both curled up in the nem to sleep!

Now if they'll feed it I'll be really stoked.

Archived