Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Pickle's AIO 40 BDR

Pickle010

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Time for a quick update...

Took the family down to San Diego this week... did the Sea World thing and visited some friends in the OC. Glad to be back home though and especially happy that I planned a 3 day weekend to rest up after the trip.

Anyhow, I snuck into one of my favorite LFS in Irvine while passing through on the way home, Coral Oasis. Man... I have to tell you after seeing Xenia take over there 150 gallon cube in the front of the store it made me want to come home and cook mine. It looked awful... wish I had my camera. I did get a chuckle out of the $10 per stalk - they needed to just give the stuff away and get the tank back.

I did pick up a couple of small frags... got to love the $5 bargain bin:

IMG_5630.jpg

I also picked up this SPS out of the $10 bin... it wasn't looking so hot in the store but it seems to have nice polyp extension in my tank now. I'll keep an eye on it and hopefully it does OK. For $10 I figured it was worth a shot.

IMG_5634-1.jpg

Oh yeah... here's a couple obligatory Sea World pics... I spent more time wondering about the filtration system at the park then anything else. OK.. I thought mostly about the Budweiser booth... but after that it was all filtration.

IMG_5512.jpg

And my favorite:

IMG_5610.jpg

Great pics, Pickle. :)

Thanks Lani!

The Orcas aren't the problem - my remora takes care of them... it's that blasted Beluga Whales that make the mess!!!

Awesome pics man, my lady and I have the year pass to seaworld. Its a really cool place and the orcas are sick.

Yeah... my wife and I used to go B.C. (before children), seems like so long ago and we had annual passes up until last year when we moved to central CA. Best part of the passes is being able to reserve seats to all the shows.

Very true, have you ever swam with the dolphins there?

We did the whole backstage encounter - so yeah.. we swam with dolphins and got to go into a bunch of the exhibits. It was completely worth it. When my kids are old enough I'll send them through. Besides the only good food in the entire place is at the Breakfast with Shamu set up. The rest of it tastes like cafeteria crappage.

Yea there food is awful there lol The dolphins are so much fun and my lady will be interning for them in the summer so Im stoked about that. Your kids should have a blast with that.

Got a killer deal on some 75lbs of killer LR yesterday. At the price it was posted at I didn't care waht it looked like it was just too good a deal to pass up. When I got to the guys place and saw the pieces I about pooped myself. Crazy huh? Excited about rocks? But it looked like whoever originally picked them out went through a large bin and picked out all the best pieces.

Then last night I made a trade of some Xenia for a pair of Koralia 3's. We originally struck the deal for 1 Koralia but the guy was really cool and offered the second because he had no use for it.

Anyhow, it all brings me a couple of steps closer to leaving 40bdr land!

• 1 month later...
latteslave

Took me a bit - but read through the whole thread and all I can say is...

NICE!!!

Already making a wish list of frags :D

Can't wait to see what you do with a 75 gallon.

B

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to need to upgrade the tank after today.

My local reef club had a frag swap today and it was awesome! Something to be said about a small town and 30 or so reefers splitting a lot of frags...

Just some of the stuff I picked up -

Forest Fire Digi - Never seen one before and the orange polyp extension is pretty cool.

Green Birds Nest

Green Monti

Green Mille

Green Slimmer - I was stoked on this because I lost mine when moving my tank the last time.

Unknown Mille

Blue Polyp Monti

Idaho Grape Monti

Some Zoa's - blues - the label said "tubs" but I'm holding out till I see them in the better light tomorrow.

I'll get some pics once things settle in and color up some more.

Oh yeah and I almost forgot I also won a raffle drawing for a large blue sps from one of the club sponsors.

Wasn't a lot of the "rare" stuff but mostly nice size frags. The LPS table cleared out pretty quickly - I had my eye on some acans but someone beat me to them. But hey.. I'm not complaining!

AWESOME!!! :lol:

I can't wait to see the pictures.

I'm also going to register to be a member in the local association. They just had their open house yesterday, but I had to work. Well I have to wait until next fall for the next meeting, I guess.

Sorry.. no pics yet.

I'm having chiller issues - I'm going to have to open it up tonight and clean it out and lube it - hopefully that takes care of the problem. Can you recharge a chiller if it needs it? Guess I'll find out.

scottyreef

what model/brand chiller is it? the answer is some you can and some you can't....i know very vague sorry

what model/brand chiller is it? the answer is some you can and some you can't....i know very vague sorry

I think it's a JBJ - I'm not even sure - I've had it for a couple of years now.

MOAR PIX

LOL... you'll get your pix -but the chiller is priority. I don't want to have to run my ac all day and it's starting to get hot out here.

scottyreef

well jbj artica titaniums don't from my experince from one dying on me a couple years back. Make sure your fans are working right and everything is cleaned and there is no build inside the chiller/tubing

That's first thing I was going to do... just break it down and give it a good cleaning and lube. I clean my in take screen all the time but I haven't had it opened up in a while.

Thanks!

Archived