inTank Media Baskets

Pickle's AIO 40 BDR

Pickle010

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know... it took a while to get this FTS up. Things are starting to get settled in and my next project is start tranferring frags from plugs to rubble.

Here is the latest:

IMG_2228.jpg

OK... so today it was very quiet around the house and some routine tank maintenance turned into moving frags from plugs to LR rubble. I managed to get about 10 pieces moved today. I started with my SPS - I already had a couple of incidents of frags getting knocked over by my cuc and pushed into other pieces causing some damage. So they where the first priority.

Here is a new FTS:

IMG_2307.jpg

And some close ups of some of the pieces I moved - you can tell by the bright white rock - which will look a lot better once they color up:

IMG_2311.jpg

IMG_2315.jpg

The last thing I did was get really adventurous and fraged my yellow fiji leather. I've been telling my wife for weeks I was going to do and she kept telling me not to. She loves the leather the way it is. So, with her and the kids out of the house it was the perfect chance. I have to admit I was nervous about it - especially since I wouldn't hear the end of it if something went wrong. But no more then an hour later my new frag was already extending it's polyps and my original fiji was standing tall again. Hopefully it will do OK.

Here is the frag top down:

IMG_2309.jpg

Wish me luck!

Quick update: My Yellow Fiji is doing just fine but over night I lost one of the frags. I used Prop's "Fragging with Prop" thread as a guide. One of the frags drifted away and the other I caught just in time.

I may not have cut a large enough of piece to begin with - but hopefully this second frag takes.

Well... the fragging the fiji has been the most frustrating thing I've ever fragged to date.

As I mentioned I lost one of the frags the first night and I have since reattached the second frag twice. I found some transparent nylon thread and tied it on this morning. Hopefully that will hold.

masterbuilder

Love it...esp the AIO concept. Like yours so much...stole your ideas and working on a 30G along the same lines....of course...I will take credit for everything :)

Love it...esp the AIO concept. Like yours so much...stole your ideas and working on a 30G along the same lines....of course...I will take credit for everything :)

LOL... that's awesome and I'm glad you're using the concept... If you have any questions just let me know.

Update:

My Yellow Fiji frag did not make it. The mother is fine but the frag wound up disintegrating to nothing.

I'm not sure what went wrong - other then I may have started with too small a piece because I was too much of a chicken to cut more off the first time.

Guess I'm going to have to try it again.

Hi Pickle010, you too have a very nice tank and FTS! I love your scaping. Very nice scaping. Love that cave at the center. :happy:

After looking at your tank, one thing for sure is that you are a more knowledgable/expert in sps than me. :D

Thank you j'field' - I wouldn't say I'm more knowledgable - many hours spent here reading and researching. I think that's half the attraction to this hobby though - there is just so much to learn.

Totally agree with you Pickle010 :happy: This hobby really have so much to learn and new things to discover. And I think that is the reason why we will never get sick of it even many years down the road and keeps us going. Cos we might be still discovering new things 10years down the road.

The number of species of marinelife so many and countless for us to explore and learn!

Great tank concept, man!

The colors are stunning and picture taking is great too. What is your camera brand, make, model?

Looking forward to more pics.

Thank you Klarion... the camera is a Canon 30D - I didn't get my macro lens for Fathers Day though... ahhh maybe next year.

Thank you Klarion... the camera is a Canon 30D - I didn't get my macro lens for Fathers Day though... ahhh maybe next year.

I had a feeling it would be Canon. Great. Good luck next year with the Macro lens. Who knows, maybe you'll even get a tilt/shift macro :) .

Ahhh.. I don't know if I can hold out till next year I may just have to get it for myself - from the kids of course!

If you look at the 3rd pic on page one you can see the over flow notched into the top right corner above the loc line return. Below the return I drilled several holes in the flase wall as well. That way I get the water over the top and flow returning through the middle of the tank as well.

Looks really good Pickle. I really love the aquascaping...it makes the tank look huge.

Funny thing about the aqua scape is that's just how the rocks landed. It was a long day moving my live stock and it was getting late. I just wanted everything in the tank. I wasn't sure about it at first but I like it now.

I may end up re-doing it. Once my new house is built I will be moving again - only about a 100 yards. I figure that will be as good a time as any to do some re-arranging.

• 1 month later...

Well here I go again...

My new house will be done in about 2 - 3 weeks... luckily it's only 170 feet from where the tank is now but I'm still dreading the tank move again. At least this time it's not going to include a 5 hour drive.

I have a fealing it may be another 6 weeks or so before I move the tank. Guess we are going to have to get all the furniture and stuff in it first.

Arggghhhh... I don't want to do this!!!

Man....another move!!! Even though it's close it's still a move. I'm sure everything will work out perfectly but it's just a royal pain either way.

masterbuilder

Good luck...moving is just an awful experience.

Dont worry though, it will only take a year or so to get totally setteled :)

SeeDemTails

Moving does stink, but if you have done it before you have a plan and thats the most important thing in a tank move.

I agree about the plan. Now that I've moved once before, the second time will be a lot easier. Not a lot more fun though :)

Archived