PodRod

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needreefunds

Fantastic job !

One of the best on N-R IMO.

Beautiful!

David beat me to it. Looks like a future TOTM to me too!

Simply Awesome.

Fantastic job !

Beautiful!

Simply Awesome.

Great minds think alike!

;)

can i has ur clams??

plz???

thx :D

Ummmm - no :)

:o This tank is beautiful!

Do I smell "TOTM" soon??? :happy:

Thanks for the compliment! I always check out the TOTMs , but they are way out of my league!

Fantastic job !

Beautiful!

Simply Awesome.

Wow, thanks for the boost! As I said earlier, I don't feel I'm quiet there yet, but I appreciate the positive feedback :)

Tank is looking really beautiful! The way its all growing in is just sweet.

I can never get a good one of those top down shots..must be some secret I don't know!?!

Tank is looking really beautiful! The way its all growing in is just sweet.

I can never get a good one of those top down shots..must be some secret I don't know!?!

Thanks Tudizzle! I'm not sure about the top down shot, I don't even know what setting I used. I only remember that I used no flash and kept the light fixture in place - just pushed it back. I don't know enough about my camera to get creative :D .

Awesome tank! :bowdown:

Thanks and right back at ya! I've been following your thread for awhile and your tank is one of my favorites.

Well the fts and top downs are amazing! My bucket of salt arrived today so we'll see how the coralz like it.

I'm sure you'll be happy with the salt. I'm finishing up my second (small) bucket and just ordered 3 more.

• 1 month later...

:happydance:It’s my tank’s first birthday!!!!!!!!!!!

My tank is one year old today so I thought I’d provide some updates. Although this is my 4th tank, it’s still been a year of learning and it’s the first tank I’ve kept for over a year. My previous tanks have been dedicated to softies, but my current tank is all SPS and Zoas.

Here’s a list of my current equipment:

Solana 34 gallon tank

Sunpod 250W MH lighting – Phoenix 14K bulb

ACJR controller for lights, heater, fan, and pumps

Azoo Fan (2 fan model)

Temp probe and PH probe for ACJR (third chamber)

Tunze Osmolator for ATO (sensor in third chamber)

2 Tunze Nanostream 6025 powerheads

Tunze 9002 skimmer (middle chamber)

Rio 1400 for return pump (third chamber)

Submergible light for Chaeto (first chamber)

Litermeter III for auto two-part solution (not set up yet)

Livestock

2 True Percs (mis-barred from Sustainable Aquatics) love those guys!

1 Coral Beauty

1 Orchid Dottyback

1 Fire Red Shrimp

1 Porcelain Crab

+CUC

I have a Gazillion-trillion baby snails (stomatella, nassarius, trochus and cerith), along with a lot of new baby brittle starfish. It seems my CUC all reproduced at the same time…

My biggest challenge is keeping up with the 2 part solution due to the high SPS/Clam demands but I’m hoping the Litermeter III will take care of that as soon as I get it set up.

:flower: Thanks to Weetie for all her wisdom and for being so patient with all my urgent PMs.

Also, a special thanks to all who have supplied corals for my tanks (in no particular order) The Propagator, Dtfleming, Divecj5, Tudizzle, BibleSue, Pookstreet, Fraggle Reef, Zoanuts, Cherry Corals, MrCoral, and Tideline Aquatics (my LFS).

Here’s a few pics of my tank as of this week. I thought I’d try GSP and yellow stick polyps on the back wall and they are just now starting to take off. I also have two monti’s on the back wall only because I don’t have any other room for them. I learned the hard way that when trimming GSP to make sure the trimmed pieces don’t come in contact with the corals. See my Superman Monti for a perfect example of what can happen :angry:

120108_0070_edited-1.jpg

120108_0071_edited-1.jpg

120108_0076_edited-1.jpg

120108_0077_edited-1.jpg

120108_0084_edited-1.jpg

120108_0090_edited-1.jpg

120108_0092.jpg

120108_0095.jpg

120108_0096_edited-1.jpg

120108_0102_edited-1.jpg

120108_0103_edited-1.jpg

120108_0106_edited-1.jpg

120108_0108_edited-1.jpg

120108_0111_edited-1.jpg

120108_0115_edited-1.jpg

120108_0135.jpg

120108_0140_edited-1.jpg

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

Happy happy birthday to one of the nicest tanks on NR, you certainly get my vote for TOTM someday.

You are more than welcome for the advice. Honestly, it's been a two-way street since your words of encouragement kept me from giving up on my 16g tank at one point.

I just hope that someday I can build a tank as beautiful as this.

I just setup my Solana over the weekend and everything is going good so far. I have a couple of questions based on your experience.

Since you put in the Tunze 6025, it looks like you removed the Y arms that came with the tank. Is there any advantage to replacing that with the Hydor FLO Rotating Deflector's?

I assume both of the 6025's are connected to your controller for wave action?

In one of your pictures, I can make out one of the Tunze's in the upper left hand corner, is the other Tunze in the same postion on the right?

Even though I am just starting to cycle my tank, I can see that the water movement is not going to be adequate.

Thanks

Nice tank, Looks better than most TOTM tanks I've seen.

+1, happy b-day to the tank karen. Mine turnd 1 back in august and looks nothing like yours still! Just need thoses sps of mine to grow out. Maybe one day we could swap frags, you've got some nice acros! :)

Happy Tank B-day!!! :happydance:

Thanks so much Lalani!

Happy Birfday to your tank! Looks great

Thank you StevieT! I should have mentioned you in my post as well since I follow your threads and you always have such good advise!

It's come a long way! Nicely done!

Wow - from the big guy himself - THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

Happy happy birthday to one of the nicest tanks on NR, you certainly get my vote for TOTM someday.

You are more than welcome for the advice. Honestly, it's been a two-way street since your words of encouragement kept me from giving up on my 16g tank at one point.

I just hope that someday I can build a tank as beautiful as this.

Are you kidding me? You have a GREAT tank - and GREAT kids!

Nice tank, Looks better than most TOTM tanks I've seen.

Thank you so much for the compliment! It seems to always be a work in progress but I'm happy with the way it is shaping up...

+1, happy b-day to the tank karen. Mine turnd 1 back in august and looks nothing like yours still! Just need thoses sps of mine to grow out. Maybe one day we could swap frags, you've got some nice acros! :)

Thanks Nick! I'm gonna be in trouble when the SPS starts growing out more so we will definitely need to do some swapping!

I just setup my Solana over the weekend and everything is going good so far. I have a couple of questions based on your experience.

Since you put in the Tunze 6025, it looks like you removed the Y arms that came with the tank. Is there any advantage to replacing that with the Hydor FLO Rotating Deflector's?

I assume both of the 6025's are connected to your controller for wave action?

In one of your pictures, I can make out one of the Tunze's in the upper left hand corner, is the other Tunze in the same postion on the right?

Even though I am just starting to cycle my tank, I can see that the water movement is not going to be adequate.

Thanks

Glad to hear you set up a Solana! Yes, I have two Tunze 6025s postioned on opposite sides. As for the dual return, they stuck out too far and I needed the space. The flexible arms are really only meant to make sure you have good flow and if you use 2 6025s you will have plenty so the arms are really not needed. There will even be plenty of flow behind the rock work as long as you don't pack the rock too tight against the back wall.

I would advise two 6025 instead of a deflector if possible. Your rock work will block the deflector and make it useless.

Good luck!

Happy Birthday to one of the most beautiful tanks on NR.

Thanks for the awesome pics!

:)

You just made my morning! Thanks so much. I have more zoas on the way from Zomania and a credit that is burning a hole in my pocket from Zoanuts. Now I just need to find more room in my tank... :lol:

Oops - I forgot to add my live stock pics!

Coral Beauty

120308_0142_edited-1.jpg

Orchid Dottyback

120308_0162_edited-1.jpg

Mis Barred True Percs - I have two but one is camera shy. They have the black spots that has been a source of topic lately. The spots are under the skin and appear to be pigment related. I assume they have started hosting GSP since that is the only thing I can think of that would possible sting them...

120308_0164_edited-1.jpg

Porcelain Clam feeding

120308_0175_edited-1.jpg

Fire Shrimp - not a recent pick - he's a little bigger now...

FireShrimp_edited-1.jpg

Have no idea what this is but I like it. It's actually tri-colored

120308_0170_edited-1.jpg

Pocillopora

120308_0172_edited-1.jpg

I'm traveling for the rest of the week so I promise no more pics for a few days! :D

Happy Birthday to one of the most beautiful tanks on NR.

Thanks for the awesome pics!

:)

Very well said!

:bowdown:

This tank is one of my favorites hands down!!! AMAZING!!!

Hey Karen - Sorry for missing the 1st birthday so late CONGRATS. Thank you for all of the support, help, and free corals along the way. Your tank continues to inspire me and I hope to obtain something close to it with my new tank.

If you all think the tank looks great in pictures, you should see it in person in all of its wondrous colorful glory. Simply stunning tank with a great owner. Great to have such a great fellow close by.

This is Abby, she's a Shorkie (Shih-Tzu/Yorkie) and weighs 2 lbs. She's 9 weeks old and absolutely precious. My other two dogs love her and even my husband is coming around. He's been telling me for awhile that I need another hobby besides my tank... ;)

120408_0188.jpg

Archived