SaltCritters.com

Nanoty's 40 breeder.......

nanoty

fine i'll bite..... wtf are you doing with the new tank?

I told you already, but you have to keep it a secret.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

bumpidy for keepin ty's thread goin!! ty great looking still!!! the tank looks awesome wit all that coralinz!!! igotz some in me 40b, but no where as much as you :angry: great job bro!! keep up the good work!!

bumpidy for keepin ty's thread goin!! ty great looking still!!! the tank looks awesome wit all that coralinz!!! igotz some in me 40b, but no where as much as you :angry: great job bro!! keep up the good work!!

Mine's still pretty bare, lol. I've got a shorter 40 breeder thread floating around somewhere.

Well, I have to say, I really enjoyed this journal. Took me all day to read it, but it was worth it! Totally inspired here and some of the posts were hilarious. Your son has really grown just like your tank. I can't wait to see the new project! A+!

Well, I have to say, I really enjoyed this journal. Took me all day to read it, but it was worth it! Totally inspired here and some of the posts were hilarious. Your son has really grown just like your tank. I can't wait to see the new project! A+!

Thanks a lot. That is quite a compliment and I appreciate it. Glad you enjoyed the rollercoaster that is my tank thread :)

stoney waters

From my own experience there is no such thing as child proofing. It wont be long before he figures that one out. Better keep your mag float out of reach. ;)

From my own experience there is no such thing as child proofing. It wont be long before he figures that one out. Better keep your mag float out of reach. ;)

Lol, no mag float but he does try to get my nanostream magnets. Good think I can barely get them off.

How are you setting up your CL Ty? I finally pulled the trigger on a Super Squirt Compact for mine. Going with two ports in the back, two up in the front corners. I will be thrilled if I can get water in my tank by the end of the month.

Tank is looking great btw. Love the new clowns.

• 3 weeks later...

wow man looks good. did you ever get another anemone? i've been iching for one. my LFS had about 20 of them this week. still too early though, even for me to try. lol

purplefirefish
Lol, no mag float but he does try to get my nanostream magnets. Good think I can barely get them off.

i still really really wanna rip the duct tape off your face.... :unsure:

wow man looks good. did you ever get another anemone? i've been iching for one. my LFS had about 20 of them this week. still too early though, even for me to try. lol

Dead thread bump, lol. I haven't gotten another nem yet. I JUST added my new Vortech MP20 and I've been playing with the settings. I just don't know if I'm going to like it or not. It seems like it has a decent amount of flow but set on high it is almost too much on the powerhead side and not enough on the other. Its also louder than I thought it would be. Noticable even over my skimmer and fans. Aggrivating.

I may or may not keep it.

i still really really wanna rip the duct tape off your face.... :unsure:

You wish.

you really need to postdaass

You wish.

you bought a ####ing $300 powerhead!!!! :blink:

Kinda, had a $163 gift certificate from winning the Officially Unofficial Innovative category soooo.....

If it's too loud, you don't have the inside part correctly aligned with the outside part.

When properly aligned, it's not loud at all.

Updated pictures would be beast

Will do soon. Got home today and one of my MH lamps was out <_<

Just as well, it was about 9 months old anyways and probably needed to be replaced. Even though, it didnt look any different than the 3 month old bulb on the other side and I hadn't noticed any excess algae growth. I am thinking about ordering the T5s instead of a new bulb and giving it a shot. With one bulb out the tank is running steady at 78 deg. I will keep the MH until I decide if I like them or not. After a while I will either have some MH lights for sale or some slightly used T5s :)

If it's too loud, you don't have the inside part correctly aligned with the outside part.

When properly aligned, it's not loud at all.

I've played with the alignment quite a bit and got it to quiet down some. The noise is coming from the motor not the vibration but it isn't too bad. My tank is very quiet itself with the fans being the loudest so I notice it more. It's growing on me, I have it on short pulse maxed out make a decent wave. Might still upgrade later.

Well I did some work on the canopy and moved the single MH to the middle. I actually like the way it looks with some shadows at the edge of the tank. To me it looks more natural. I'll get some pics tonight or tomorrow when the tank is clean.

Also, I checked my TDS meter a while ago and noticed that it was reading 17ppm out instead of 0 like it normally is. Time to order filters and resin I suppose. Unfortunately the filters from the ebay store I where I bought the unit cost about half as much as the damn unit itself :angry:

Oh, I also moved all of the wiring into the stand to help keep the nosey 1 year old from getting ahold of it. Now if I could just get him to stop trying to pull the vortech off the side of the tank I would be ok.

I hate posting pics of my tank. Anyways, just trust me, it doesn't look this bad in real life.

IMG_8105.jpg

IMG_8104.jpg

Well those are the only two pics I got in before photobucket started acting like a douchef@g. I'll try again in a sec.

Archived