Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My 14 gal biocube.LPS & RBTA & CROCEA oh and a few stupid softies.

plainrt

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got new frags today at somewhat local frag swap.All lps except one bag of pulsing xenia to try again.......6 new acans,2 new blastos 2 new candy cane,1 fav brain and a red chalice frag.Also got some cleanup critters for the 30.All these will hopefully find room in here till 30 is ready to transfer all.

100_0929.jpg

100_0926.jpg

Thanks this is all gonna make way into the breeder in bit when ready to go.My rbta and clam need more room oh and many other things.

Ill get pics of new frags when are happy in new home.

I fragged about 5 heads and sold off rest to my brother.I gave 3 heads to tashayar on here and kept two for myself to grow out.I already had my duncans that grow like weeds and I dont like starting with big stuff.More fun to grow out.if search the all in one forum for post for biocube glass tops should posted by me should find a bunch.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks......Only if i could take pics that showed the true colors lol.The yellow gorg was given to tashayar on here as she is local to me.And i killed the flame as pretty much all do.I would try another one if got from good vendor i think.I got mine from a crappy lfs.

• 2 weeks later...

Well bye bye clam.Lately its been a bit mad time to time and I think i know why now......My black clown trys to host him sometimes.So i figure to save both of them its best for the clam to go to a new home.Ill be looking for one local.

pic of mangroves in tank now.....

100_0822.jpg

How easy are the mangroves to keep? I wouldn't mind putting some in my back chamber but was told they require light which I don't want to add to the back chamber. I see you don't have light are they doing fine? Tank looks great by the way, keep up the good work!

lakshwadeep
Dumb question: So with a mangrove, you do not need chaeto? It does essentially the same thing, i.e. takes nutrients from the water?

Mangroves are not very helpful as effective nutrient controls. They don't grow fast. Here's some info for anyone wanting to keep mangroves (the links at the bottom are very helpful)

http://moon.ouhsc.edu/pwhitby/mangrove.htm

DroptheFrags

I have a question concerning mangroves. Do they grow nice in a refugium if its under some okay, cheap aquarium lights? And will they over power the refugium with their root systems? I heard their roots are a pain in the but if they grow in your tank.

Thanks,

DroptheFrags

well got some new pics today when was bored and trying to figure out what to do with this tank and the 30b.My pistol dug a huge hole today and looks really neat.I really love this tank.I am giving away my crocea to a new home this week as my black clown keeps trying to host it now.Im also removing my rbta as its starting to touch other corals and takes up a ton of space.I went along time with these two and will miss them.If i keep this tank i have some lighting changes planned up now and really wanna focus on growth of the corals i do have and only can think of one coral i would like to get yet :} I have quite a bit so i have to learn to say no to corals.

100_1017.jpg

100_1010.jpg

100_1014.jpg

100_1015.jpg

100_1008.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
some more pics.And i know someone will say something about the flame.....I did read up on them and he does get his special diet.

100_0045.jpg

100_0043.jpg

100_0039.jpg

100_0048.jpg

Looks like the clown is a little skiny.....?

some more pics.And i know someone will say something about the flame.....I did read up on them and he does get his special diet.

100_0045.jpg

100_0043.jpg

100_0039.jpg

100_0048.jpg

Looks like the clown is a little skiny.....?

When i first got the two clowns they were but if look at them now in my 30b in sig they have gotten better.

demonclownfish

okay first question, did your clown go from brown and white and orange to black and white and orange to b/w?

and second question when removing your mushrooms how exactly did you get htem off your rocks without ripping them in half?

okay first question, did your clown go from brown and white and orange to black and white and orange to b/w?

It was not as dark of a black when first got but wasnt brown.It had more orange when younger then he does now.

and second question when removing your mushrooms how exactly did you get htem off your rocks without ripping them in half?

I would cut close to rock and then would scrap the leftover shroom off the rock so another wouldnt grow back.They can be a pita and wish i never added them nowdays.

• 5 months later...

Had the same experience with the hermits.....ate a few of my snails before I realized that they were just fashionistas. They like lots of shells to try on and swap back and forth. I never know which shell to expect to pick up and move now!

Archived