Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

My 14 gal biocube.LPS & RBTA & CROCEA oh and a few stupid softies.

plainrt

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would you happen to recommend the nanotuners light upgrade to 3 bulbs? I was thinking about this for my 14 gallon biocube.

I would recomend a used sunpod from a good seller.can find 125 ish shipped.take the money you would spent on the nanotuners upgrade put towards sunpod then when get that on sell the stock lighting stuff to pay for the metal halide.you will never look back.

my girlfriend got hers from a guy that was 207, including hanging kit shipping and ushio 20000k bulb and the stock bulb,

actually my LFS has one that he used in shop for a month for 200

Do you know where you could get a sunpod that cheap?

Or did you just look around for a while?

they pop up on here sometimes between 125-150ish.I think i paid 135 shipped with two good brand name 14k bulbs.ended up selling the extra bulb so ended up paying under 125.I hate the stock lighting.At one point both my stock ballast where burnt out and had no light cause they where taking forever to send me replacement ones.My corals where p'd off and suffered from it. 16.5 sunpods are best bang for buck with these tanks.Ill get try to get some pics of some palys i had in tank before under stock lighting and now under sunpod.I cant believe how much brighter they got.

Well I work at my LFS so I might get a good deal on a new sunpod. Is everyone running the 16.5 in sunpod with a 70 watt bulb? I'm considering this as I just bought a chiller and ATO so i should be set to go.

Well I work at my LFS so I might get a good deal on a new sunpod. Is everyone running the 16.5 in sunpod with a 70 watt bulb? I'm considering this as I just bought a chiller and ATO so i should be set to go.

some people are running the 20 inch 150w sunpod but i think look stupid lol.with the 70mh and my custom glass cover i dont have issues with evap.No need to top off between weekly water changes. :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

lol i said one day.......not sure what one day yet.I didnt say they were good changes.I just removed the big kenya,yellow palys that were harming other stuff.Oh and added few things of sps which i think im gonna remove also as i dont think it will work in this tank.i have to many shrooms that are just to hard to remove and one day will take over this tank and is to grown in with soft corals to have nice sps.

My next tank will be sps only and this one i wanna get more lps.I really want some duncans for where the kenya was.

lol i said one day.......not sure what one day yet.I didnt say they were good changes.I just removed the big kenya,yellow palys that were harming other stuff.Oh and added few things of sps which i think im gonna remove also as i dont think it will work in this tank.i have to many shrooms that are just to hard to remove and one day will take over this tank and is to grown in with soft corals to have nice sps.

My next tank will be sps only and this one i wanna get more lps.I really want some duncans for where the kenya was.

I'm hoping to do a full sps tank since I'm getting a canopy built for my tank with MH retrofits and actinics.

We need an update pic when you get a chance haha.

well i added some duncans, candy cane,blue xenia and some hairy shrooms.Oh and some more snails.Im waitng on my koralia nano to come in the mail to add some flow in areas needed yet.The blue xenia doesnt look so blue in pics but it does show a bit in pics.I hope i can figure out how to make it happy so brings out more of the blue.The guy i got them from should me frags of it in different tanks lights etc and all played a factor in the color.

New fts

100_0395.jpg

100_0399.jpg

100_0398.jpg

100_0392.jpg

100_0390.jpg

100_0389.jpg

100_0400.jpg

100_0378.jpg

100_0379.jpg

100_0380.jpg

No way, it's a great tank! That brain coral feeding made me laugh.

Is that a multi-colored hermit in there? :lol::huh:

I need to figure out camera.Pics dont do justice one bit.Lol everyone loves that shell.I bought the painted shell at lfs one day just being dumb.Everyone always comments on the ugly thing.

Your tank is coming along nicely. It will look crazy once everything grows out. I dont know why you get so down on yourself about it. you are doing a great job :D

lol i was jk.This winter the tank will go i think.I really do dislike the biocube.Im not sure what tank im gonna get to replace it.Would like something cube ish in 30-40 gal range or i might just go with a 40 breeder if all else fails.

Also any suggestions are great.I did add a koralia nano last nite to the other side for more flow for the few sps frags i have.I will be adding a pink birdsnest frag to the top rock this weekend also.

I need to figure out camera.Pics dont do justice one bit.Lol everyone loves that shell.I bought the painted shell at lfs one day just being dumb.Everyone always comments on the ugly thing.

I need to figure out how to use a camera as well.

I need to figure out how to use a camera as well.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=170024

Some good tips for tank shooting.

-Clean your glass. Get off all algae on the inside, and all the salt grim/fingerprints on the outside.

-Do not use flash. Turn off lights/shut shades try and limit all other light in the room.

-Use a tripod, and use the timer function. When shooting low light/macros it is important to be very steady. A tripod is a good start, but use a remote or a timer to trigger the camera for an even sharper image.

-Use manual focus. Auto focus just doesn't work well with aquariums.

-Adjust your white balance (find an online manual for tips on doing this)

-Shoot from straight on. Do not angle the camera or shoot from the side.

I was having trouble until I started doing all these things. Look at the link to my 14 gallon to see recent pictures using the methods I just described.

Archived