SaltCritters.com

My 14 gal biocube.LPS & RBTA & CROCEA oh and a few stupid softies.

plainrt

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Plainrt I wanted to let you know that I'm STILL interested in your glass covers. From what I've read recently, you've sold the ones you had in stock. When I'm ready... (don't know when that will be), I will shoot you a message to see if you are interested in having another one made. The upgrades that I want are taking a lot longer than I anticipated and I'm trying to be patient. Thanks.

Do you Spot Feed your Coral Banded shrimp?

No i dont.he finds plenty of food.When feeding my lps i have to scare him away sometimes cause he steals all there food.I like this guy alot.He does need more room like many things in my tank so one day soon i will be building or having a 20x20x14ish rimless cube made.

Hey Plainrt I wanted to let you know that I'm STILL interested in your glass covers. From what I've read recently, you've sold the ones you had in stock. When I'm ready... (don't know when that will be), I will shoot you a message to see if you are interested in having another one made. The upgrades that I want are taking a lot longer than I anticipated and I'm trying to be patient. Thanks.

Let me know i can have one made up.I have few more people wanting them.

On another note last nite i got 4 more sps frags some blue candycane and a rbta.The rbta i was told was gonna be 3inch but is little bigger.I put him on a ledge under the light and in some decent flow and seems to be doing ok.I removed all shrooms from on my main center rock and removed as much of them as i could when cutting them off.Some of them i glued rocks over etc so couldnt come back.I still have to figure out how to remove the rest from the main back rock or maybe just get new piece of lr for there.I would like to keep this one though cause fits way i want.Tank is looking little bare but i wanna move to just lps/sps for the most part when start new tank build.

Will try to get new pics later today.

some pics

100_0515.jpg

100_0522.jpg

100_0518.jpg

100_0520.jpg

100_0511.jpg

100_0509.jpg

And some more had from other day of clown goby.Who said these guys picky on what they eat?This guy eats like nothing i have ever seen lol

100_0496.jpg

100_0497.jpg

And the free brain just trying to catch some food.

100_0492.jpg

jk.2 days and still on same ledge.I cant believe how bright this thing is.Now only if my clowns would jump in lol.I feel bad for taking the black ones shroom but i had to try and stock from spreading on rock i wanna save for next tank

will after my rbta moved few inches i figured i would make him piece of lr with hole like they like to place foot in.This will make him happier and keep me happy also.

100_0531.jpg

Him in jail....for now atleast.

100_0536.jpg

And clown goby with his big meal.Its funny how this guy eats/plays.He will catch piece of food and then eat little and let go then he will chase it down and eat again.He repeats like ten times until is gone.I like this fish.Im glad he made it since i got him with hole in head.

100_0534.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

just wanted to say my rbta is still staying in its rock i made and doing well.Pretty soon it will have new home in the shallow cube im building so everything not so overstocked.I finished my filter chamber/media rack last nite and im almost done with the foam/rockwall for it now.

Ill post pics of it all when more along on the build as i dont wanna have people saying do this do that lol.I want to try this without others doing all the work for me.so far its going good :}

• 3 weeks later...

I didnt glue it.I just glued up rocks so it would form a nice hole for its foot to rest in.It helps keep them in one place.So far working well.

blizzardscout2
I didnt glue it.I just glued up rocks so it would form a nice hole for its foot to rest in.It helps keep them in one place.So far working well.

Your tank looks awesome dude! B) It has inspired me since I joined the forum and started my tank. I hope all is well. Later....

Reese

Thanks people.I was going to go to a bigger cube but decided not to till this one is to the max.I picked up another 14 gallon biocube that im gonna transfer stuff to cause scratched mine a little.Tomorrow my pistol shrimp hopefully comes. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks people.I was going to go to a bigger cube but decided not to till this one is to the max.I picked up another 14 gallon biocube that im gonna transfer stuff to cause scratched mine a little.Tomorrow my pistol shrimp hopefully comes. :D

This thread was a great read and really inspiring as I look forward to my 14g. Ironic how you started the thread saying how much you detest the biocube but then end up getting another. :D

This thread was a great read and really inspiring as I look forward to my 14g. Ironic how you started the thread saying how much you detest the biocube but then end up getting another. :D

Haha true. So you hate the biocube to buy 2 of them....

I only got another one cause i made money to replace my scratched up one with a nicer one lol.Got mint one for super cheap swapped tanks and lighting and sold my old tank with the stock hood.Now you see why replaced?I still dislike the biocubes cause of all the issues i had with them........Both ballast were burnt out at same time and took weeks for them to send me new ones......leak in tank and silicone that fell off back wall.

I wanna replace this tank but wanna max this thing out first.I still have some room.

I will get some new pics maybe this weekend since the transfer.I made a little more room in sandbed now and added alot of lps since last pic.I also removed sps.I think im gonna go all lps with few shrooms and zoas/palys.

Well after months of trying to get a pistol and losing out for many reasons i got one for a steal today.Its a japanese pistol and sell for about twice what i got it for.The pistol and watchman are already hanging out after less then hour.Since last pics i added some cup coral,more candy canes,4 chalice frags,a purple/pink yuma and removed all sps except tiny piece of cap.I also got rid of my coral banded shrimp when i added a peppermint shrimp and he tried to eat him.I picked up another biocube for cheap and transfered my stuff into it and moved rocks back a bit to give more sandbed for lps.Im still sporting 4 fish in here and all is going well.My clam and rbta are doing well also as can see.

pistol getting ready to meet watchman

100_0665.jpg

pistol and goby friends already

100_0677.jpg

100_0687.jpg

100_0679.jpg

100_0676.jpg

100_0688.jpg

100_0690.jpg

100_0693.jpg

100_0694.jpg

100_0697.jpg

100_0698.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up few more frags this weekend.This just pic of favorite side of tank now.

100_0780.jpg

Also im having thought of doing a 30 or 40 breeder setup and taking stock and doing transfer to the breeder.At times i just wanna grow out this tank and see where it goes but then at same time i want bigger......

What do you think should do?Help decide.

I think no matter what tank you have you will always, at least a little, want a new one. I finally took the plunge and started the upgrade process a few weeks ago, so I say go for it. It will take a while anyway so your tank will have at the very least another month to grow out.

yeah i saw your 25 gal.I like the small tank just cause it so easy to keep up with.But always just wanted little bigger.a 30 breeder or even a 40 breeder would be nice but at same time think i should see this one grow out yet

Archived