plainrt

My 14 gal biocube.LPS & RBTA & CROCEA oh and a few stupid softies.

2nd nature

Nice tank. ;)

plainrt

Thanks i just use that aquapod with the sunpod.Its a good combo and can do sps under it easy.I have had few frags under it did well.I have even bleached some out very fast up top with just 70w.You will be happy with it.

plainrt

Got some new frags so figured would try and get few new pics up.

FTS

100_0801.jpg

New zoas

100_0816.jpg

Some new acan frags

100_0807.jpg

Pink purple yuma

100_0819.jpg

Sweet blue/pink chalice

100_0818.jpg

Two neat never have seen neon leather frags and two more chalice frags oh and nuke frag in background

100_0820.jpg

just some random pics

100_0805.jpg

100_0817.jpg

100_0803.jpg

JerseyChick

very nice :)

patrick19

Wow - I have to say that your tank is a pretty big inspiration for me! I also have a 14g BioCube, and just recently have been trying to get into corals, etc. Added my first mushrooms today!

I like the Sunpod - where did you find that cover for the tank? It certainly seems to be working well for you. Also, is that a Koralia powerhead in there? If it is, does it work pretty well in the 14g? If not... what is it? lol

GobyInPeace

Looking good my friend! Nice clam you have in there. It's pretty cool you got that nem to stay put. Did your pipe organ frag open up yet? I see it in there but the polyps are still closed up. I really hope it does well for you!

jaybrewer
Looking good my friend! Nice clam you have in there. It's pretty cool you got that nem to stay put. Did your pipe organ frag open up yet? I see it in there but the polyps are still closed up. I really hope it does well for you!

What are you using to glue everything on? Expoxy? Stuffing it into crevices? We have some leather coral I'm interested in mounting.

Your tank looks awesome.

plainrt
very nice :)

thanks alot,I think im gonna buy a good cam soon cause these pics make look like crap lol.

Wow - I have to say that your tank is a pretty big inspiration for me! I also have a 14g BioCube, and just recently have been trying to get into corals, etc. Added my first mushrooms today!

I like the Sunpod - where did you find that cover for the tank? It certainly seems to be working well for you. Also, is that a Koralia powerhead in there? If it is, does it work pretty well in the 14g? If not... what is it? lol

Thanks its coming along and took time to get there.That first shroom will become a ton of them soon.I wish i never added them lol.I give them away all the time now.I had a glass shop make a bunch of covers and sold some on here.Im thinking about having more made again.That is a koralia nano.It works well with getting rid of dead spots.It is hard for me to get flow right in this tank cause the rbta needs good flow but then my clam doesnt like alot of flow so its hard to get a balance where it works for both in such a small tank.what you plan to stock in your tank?

thanks alot.That rbta is good.Never has moved in 3 months or so since i made the rock for it.Who said cant have a anemone in a nano.........The pipe organ did open up but was in too much flow so i had to move it again after that pic.I hope it does well.The only coral i have ever lost was some xenia to a toxin battle to my huge yellow fiji leather when first got the leather.So i hope i dont kill the pipe organ.It seems ok at the moment.

What are you using to glue everything on? Expoxy? Stuffing it into crevices? We have some leather coral I'm interested in mounting.

Your tank looks awesome.

Just super glue,some stuffed into cracks etc if can.Leathers can be a pain in the .....I would stab a plastic toothpick or something small like it through the base then rubberband it down to a piece of rubble till it mounts.This is what seems to work best for me with them.

thanks and one day ill get some good pics to show the true colors of it.

patrick19
Thanks its coming along and took time to get there.That first shroom will become a ton of them soon.I wish i never added them lol.I give them away all the time now.I had a glass shop make a bunch of covers and sold some on here.Im thinking about having more made again.That is a koralia nano.It works well with getting rid of dead spots.It is hard for me to get flow right in this tank cause the rbta needs good flow but then my clam doesnt like alot of flow so its hard to get a balance where it works for both in such a small tank.what you plan to stock in your tank?

Yeah, looks like I may need to make some local friends on here who can take some 'shrooms when I get to that point! I found a bunch more of them on that rock this morning when I turned on the full set of lights - I counted 12 of them total. So I'm sure that it's going to get interesting pretty quick.

As for my plan so far, I'm looking to get a set of McCosker's Flasher Wrasses (1 male, 2 females), probably a cleaner shrimp or two, and possibly a flame scallop. As for corals, I haven't quite made up my mind yet. With the stock lighting, I think I will stay away from hard corals until I can upgrade. I really like mushrooms, zoas, xenias, waving hand, etc.

Looks like my next purchase will be the koralia nano!

plainrt

Sounds like will be nice setup.Watch out with he flame scallop.They can be very hard to keep.Hard corals are over rated i think.Lps is the good stuff

Greenstar
Who said cant have a anemone in a nano.........

Murphy's Law always applies to reefing. The second you leave town that things going to go on a rampage looking for a new spot or split. Best of luck

Edited by Greenstar

plainrt

lol..........Worse things could happen. fingerscrossed

zhuji

I am very new to the hobby and have the same tank as you. Reading through all the threads to get ideas. I am inspired by what you have done. The Sunpod that you have, is it a 20 inch? If so,did you have to do any modifications to have it fit over the 15 inch tank ?

Thanks

plainrt

Thanks it is a 16.5 inch.both the 20 and 16.5 will work but the 16.5 looks best imo.

One another note i got my red mangroves today and will add pics of them later.My pipe organ frag has also opened up some after being a little mad so will get pic of that also

plainrt

pic of mangroves in tank now.....

100_0822.jpg

uwwmatt

Looking good, I get my mangroves tomorrow.

plainrt

Thanks i like how look.I got 6 of them off egay for 18 shipped.

nanoreef11

Dang those mangroves look cool coming out of the tank like that.

GobyInPeace
My pipe organ frag has also opened up some after being a little mad so will get pic of that also

Sorry you had some troubles. They really don't like being moved and can close up for a day or so when handled. Look forward to seeing the pic.

plainrt
Dang those mangroves look cool coming out of the tank like that.

thanks i like them.

Sorry you had some troubles. They really don't like being moved and can close up for a day or so when handled. Look forward to seeing the pic.

Yeah they opened up not long after put in but was too much flow in orig spot so i moved and then had to cut off some old super glue and they got mad i think.Ill try to get a good pic later of them.Seems like evrytime i go to get one stupid hermits are on it

plainrt

Here a pic of the pipe organ.i can never get a good one of it lol.

100_0836.jpg

Oh and here is my duncans i stole for 50 bucks for about 30 heads.Also not good pics lol

100_0841.jpg

100_0843.jpg

pcsmarts

will after my rbta moved few inches i figured i would make him piece of lr with hole like they like to place foot in.This will make him happier and keep me happy also.

Love your tank! Hopefully someday mine will look as good. I also have one Black and one Orange clown in my 14 gal Biocube and love the combination, yours look great.

I was wondering if your RBTA is still in the same place since you made the rock for it? One of the main reasons for wanting my biocube was so I could have a RBTA.

I have had for 5 years now, a 65 Gal Saltwater Fish Only tank that I would totally have to overhaul for corals and just didn't want to go that route, but when hubby bought me this biocube for my Birthday, the first thing I thought of was that I could finally have my own RBTA to enjoy. I found a beautiful RBTA yesterday and brought it home. When I set up my Biocube I purposely left one side of the tank barren and had set a "Holey" rock for it there. I knew it would go where it wanted and not where I wanted it, but like you felt it was worth a try to get it to stay approximately in the general vacinity of where I wanted it.

I slowly acclimated by drip for two hours and then placed it in the tank, right over the crevice in the rock I was hoping he would like. I kept him there for several minutes and he took hold. I was so excited that I went to get Hubby and the camera.... by the time I got back he had already made his way halfway off the rock and was half on the sand in the back of the tank as you can seen in the latest picture. He still had half his foot attached to the rock so I didn't dare try to move him in fear of hurting him so I went to bed.

Now to my dilema..... This morning I found he had kicked my cleaner shrimp out of it's cave and squeezed himself through a tiny opening between my rocks and planted himself on the back side the rocks (he appears to be holding onto the back of three rocks where they meet) facing the back wall of my tank where no-one, including myself can see him.... But at this point my biggest fear is for him. I am concerned because he will not get any light back there, nor can I feed him and the flow must be practically non-existant. I also don't know how to get him out because he has his foot on all the back of all the rocks so I couldn't even lift the top rock off without huring him. I noticed the rock you made has a hollowed out hole he sits in so I guess I will have to do that when and if I can get him to come out from behind the rocks, because he didn't like my rock that's for sure.

Does anyone know if he will come out on his own in search of food, light and flow? And how long might it take him to do this? Do you think he just went and hid because it was new? Hopefully he will have wandered out of the cave on his own by the time I get home from work.

I was seaching for answers here when I came across your thread and found that you had success in keeping yours where you wanted it and I am curious as to if it is still in that spot.

Thanks and I am open to any suggestions anyone has on how to get my RBTA to come out.

plainrt

Hmm im not sure how to get him out.....Might be able to use credit card and try to slowly peel foot up.Thats what i did when mine moved at first.It is still in same place now after 3+ months or whatever is now since made that rock.From what i have seen if keep happy will not move.I do have alot of coral that i would hate see the rbta take out but ill chance it.Im in process of setting up a 30 breeder as the rbta and crocea are getting way to big now for tank and i wanna keep them and not pawn them off.

plainrt

Here a few random pics of tank.This should be the last you will ever see of this thing now....

100_0873.jpg

100_0850.jpg

100_0844.jpg

100_0902.jpg

100_0905.jpg

100_0903.jpg

Catbus

Very nice tank!1