ReefCleaners.org

My 14 gal biocube.LPS & RBTA & CROCEA oh and a few stupid softies.

plainrt

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tank looks very nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D Why is thread title "reef full of crap"????????? It looks great!!!!

thanks only if i could take good pics.Colors just dont show with me behind the camera..........Only thing i wish i never did was add the shrooms.I want some more sps but the shrooms will over take it sooner or later.My next tank im gonna keep sps/lps only i think.I cant wait.

The brain eating food pictures are awesome!

I gots to get me one now!

(In my tank I put the Duncans near the top so it's easier to feed and so I get more heads faster)

Love the new additions!

Wow, I love the colors of your tank! If that doesn't do it justice, then in real life it must be unbelievable! How are those shrooms your holding for me coming along?

They all look amazing in the pictures, but I could see why you want less of them. If you really don't like the biocube I'd love to take it off your hands in the future :lol: Haha.

I really want some pink birdsnest as well. They are really cool looking and colorful.

I'm still trying to figure out my scaping, I just don't seem to ever be happy. Next time around I'll make sure I have it perfect. But whenever you have those shrooms ready just let me know. They'll look great under my toadstool leather!

I have some healing up for you just have to make some time to get them out.I did put the small pink birds nest frag in yesterday.Im gonna remove all shrooms from the top center rock so i can have that area for sps frags.So whenever the shrooms show up on that pice they will get thrown off lol.

Oh and feel free to check out photo of month contest and vote for my shrimp with no insides lol

thanks

well my black clown tends to try to host one of my big shrooms sometimes and today i watched and snaped some pics of him in the process.

100_0427.jpg

100_0429.jpg

100_0426.jpg

100_0428.jpg

At least your clown hosts something!! Haha, mine like the back wall. And I have this awesome hammer, frogspawn, torch, and pearl bubble, all very large and they are completely uninterested!!! :) Your clown is gorgeous though.

thanks.He host the back wall for the most part but checks out the shroom from time to time.I have other things for him also but has yet to use.Im still trying to decide if i wanna try a rbta in this tank.....Gonna be ordering another small brain hopefully something in red,a yellow fiji leather and pistol shrimp in next day or so :}

Hello Plainrt

I have read your forum and seen your tank. It is awsome looking by the way. I just started my 24G Nano and I just hope it turns out as well as yours has.

Also I see you have a Standard osc. Clown and a black. That is exactly what I was planing to do. My LFS however told me that it could not be done. So my question to you is are they paired or are they seperate and just in the same tank.

Hello Plainrt

I have read your forum and seen your tank. It is awsome looking by the way. I just started my 24G Nano and I just hope it turns out as well as yours has.

Also I see you have a Standard osc. Clown and a black. That is exactly what I was planing to do. My LFS however told me that it could not be done. So my question to you is are they paired or are they seperate and just in the same tank.

Thanks. wait till i update some pics.Added 2 more brains,yellow fiji leather, some zoas,more snails and last but not least a citron clown goby to see if i can keep all happy in here.I think i can keep all levels good as long as i can keep up on water cond etc.There are few on here that i have seen with the same combo.Mine have paired up and made a cute couple.They get along awsome.

good luck with your tank.

gulfsurfer101

That tank looks like it is filling in nicely. I recently have become more interested in getting a LPS tank started since I had to ditch my huge torch, frog, and hammer coral since I decided to downgrade to an easier tank to maintain.

oh it is filling in alright........i just have to learn how to say no to green corals for now on.I wanna get some other colors in this tank.Gonna try to hold out for some red lps now.Right now the yellow fiji is having chemical war with xenia and dont know what one i should remove.There is no real safe place for the xenia in my little tank not to get toxins from the leather.Im gonna ride out few more days and see if after leather gets use to tank it goes back to normal.Ill try to get new pics tomorrow

What's your lighting? Do those two clowns fight? Awesome tank.

70 watt sunpod 14k bulb,the clowns dont fight and cant leave each others side.One day my black one jumped over backwall and the reg clown was swimming laps like crazy trying to find him......I got him out of back and tossed him in display and the female rushed to the black one and gave it a warm nudge lol.I was shocked how they can act.They wouldnt know what to do with out each other.

some new pics i placed order at blue zoo and got 2 more brains.The maze brain was a free hitchhiker on the leather also got a citron clown goby, snails and a yellow fiji leather but came and was to large and made my xenia mad with its toxins when getting use to tank so i sold it to my brother.Everything i got there was bigger then ordered which can be a problem when going in small tank like this.......

Also after reading up about pest in lps corals i removed some from my open brain and since it has got huge and is ready to eat all the time.Can see in new pics how much is growing.

fts

100_0449.jpg

THE ANGY LEATHER THAT HAS FOUND NEW HOME.

100_0444.jpg

Citron goby

100_0437.jpg

100_0463.jpg

100_0454.jpg

Green brain

100_0461.jpg

FREE....Maze brain.Needs some tlc

100_0459.jpg

100_0458.jpg

Red foot snail

100_0434.jpg

Rics

100_0457.jpg

Open brain getting huge

100_0453.jpg

Here some more pics got of the citron today.I love this guy he is always doing something in the tank.At first i think one of my clowns nipped him but fin has got better already.Now they all seem good.He tends to hangout near my watchman alot.

I also decided would hang on to the yellow fiji leather so will get some pics of it soon.

New best friends.....

100_0464.jpg

THIS COULD BE BAD LOL

100_0471.jpg

100_0473.jpg

Thanks.Im very suprised how they are with each other.I took your advise and Picked the yellow leather over xenia.I had the one frag xenia for maybe 2+ months and the other frags for a month.They were doing really really well and growing like nothing i had seen but soon as the leather went in they went down hill.I gave the rest of the xenia to my brother and one small frag in the 2gal.

well did some more clearing of some shrooms and such,the yellow fiji is gone.I found out about a local meet and im picking up a small rbta to give a try.There a nice hole on top of rock wanna see if can place his foot in and see if can keep happy there.He can beat up on all my corals except my lps lol.

Archived