inTank Media Baskets

The Full Monti

dshnarw

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SeeDemTails

Nudis?...I dont have any nudis in my tank!

I own a HUGE chunk of rainbow monti that does have nudis, but it is at the shop, and I keep trying to kill them all before I do anything with it. It is making a good comeback though, coloring up nicely.

My zoas were getting eaten by amphipods, but all my SPS is great. I got one digitata that has the fhunk so I am going to dip it in reef dip today, that always solves the problem.

SeeDemTails

The last pics I posted of this piece the color of the image wasnt right. I snapped a better pic tonight, this is what it really looks like!

DSC000731.jpg

The last pics I posted of this piece the color of the image wasnt right. I snapped a better pic tonight, this is what it really looks like!

DSC000731.jpg

beautiful! mine is about 4" wide and 2" deep currently.

If I can get around to it, I'll be setting up a webcam and taking a daily picture of a small frag of orange monti cap to show the growth over a few months time in my frag tank.

[

Here is a cap that I had in my old 120G. It plated but also grew spikes.

DSCN1453.jpg

Blue polyp monti

Picture379.jpg

Outstanding! But I think you spilled some ultra bright candy apple green paint in your tank!! :)

DSC000731.jpg

How long did it take for it to grow this size??

• 3 weeks later...
SeeDemTails

Check out this new wild digitata colony I got, yellow base with light neon green polyps.

Its pretty big, about the size of a grapefruit total. Tons of branches and new growth!

Anyone seen this type before? If not I am gonna call it Mountain Dew Digitata!

DSC001291.JPG

DSC00134.JPG

any1 know requirements of an orange cap? i got one two weeks ago and it was doing fine for a week. since then, its died off almost completely. i really want it to recover, so any help would be nice. here's a picture of it before it started to recede. polyps dont come out anymore. oh, also there's blue anthelia growing on the cap, and rock the cap is on. its growing like crazy- as in from 3 stalks to 7 right now and counting... in two weeks time. maybe that's the problem?

119F3857.jpg

i also has a new monti to post other than the cap

119F3866.jpg

white with blue polyps, goes nice next to my yellow with purple polyps :)

Regardless of whether or not its the anthelia thats actually killing the monti it needs to be removed as it will definitely overtake it quickly.

Montis are pretty bullet-proof usually, med-high light, med-high flow.

SeeDemTails

It may have a bacterial infection, try doing a iodine dip.

Get the anthelia off it, but save it if your sure its blue!

It may have a bacterial infection, try doing a iodine dip.

Get the anthelia off it, but save it if your sure its blue!

im pretty sure its blue anthelia. its more blue than most i see in my lfs's actually. so how am i to get it off, do i just scrape it off? or break off that part of the skeleton from my cap. the part with the anthelia is already completely dead, so i think breaking the skelton there shouldn't do too much harm to what is left on the monti.

Wanted to join in on the fun...have been keeping montis for a little bit now and they are some of my favorites:

Orange Monti form Zoanuts:

When I got it:

CRW_6266.jpg

5 months later:

CRW_6950.jpg

CRW_6941.jpg

Yellow Monti w/ Purple Polys (from Nano-Paul)

When I got it:

CRW_6245.jpg

Now:

CRW_6937.jpg

Superman I just got 3 days ago (Yoitsarson):

CRW_6922.jpg

Orange Digitata I just got 3 days ago (Yoitsarson):

CRW_6940.jpg

Archived