SaltCritters.com

The Full Monti

dshnarw

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SeeDemTails

Here is a little progression pic from my red monti cap over the past three and a half months.

11/17/07

IMG_5418_1_.jpg

3/4/08

IMG_5544_1_.jpg

More montis!!!!

This is the *REAL* Montipora danae (and hence, my ranting about superman/pokerstar/rainbows not being real danae):

IMG_0356.jpg

What would I need to do to get a frag of this? :D

^^ That is so pretty. Does it really pop like that in the tank. I mean color wise.

yep, it does :happy:

oh...and thats only one side of the frag...it's the same size, going back downhill on the otherside :)

I knew i should have bought one mon. oh wellz got two acro colonies instead

eh, you'll get a piece of it one day. I'll make a frag or two in a couple weeks if Sonny doesn't have more.

In other news, I obviously need to show up when the doors open on sale days to prevent cherry picking from anyone other than me :P

Here is a top down shot of my orange/red cap monti.

hpim2358mo3.jpg

I also have a rainbow monti, but so far all I've seen on it are all orange polyps. The polyps are showing nice extension, I'm hoping to eventually get the "rainbow" colors. It is a true Tyree rainbow monti. I got mine from exoticfrags.us. They are good at verifying lineage of their corals.

Now you know why I go when they open

yeah... I wish Friday's weren't meeting days though. Such a wasted day, all I do is sit around in meetings with a notebook, pretending (mostly) to take notes. I'm up to 4 every Friday :(

Here is a top down shot of my orange/red cap monti.

hpim2358mo3.jpg

I also have a rainbow monti, but so far all I've seen on it are all orange polyps. The polyps are showing nice extension, I'm hoping to eventually get the "rainbow" colors. It is a true Tyree rainbow monti. I got mine from exoticfrags.us. They are good at verifying lineage of their corals.

nice clam, and cool perspective on that jawfish burrow.

Nice pieces everyone!!

basser1- Nice monti, but the jawfish is the best part of that pic.

nice clam, and cool perspective on that jawfish burrow.

Thanks for the comments. I got lucky with the jawfish. I have a piece of pvc buried there and he's been there since day 1!

Better put your top back on after that pic quickly with that fish in there!

You are so right about that! I'm not taking any chances! ;)

drive up here with a frag of something :lol:

Throwing some rainbow, pokerstar and sunset in the car and driving now! :lol: I370/I270 intersection is no too far away right? :lol:

Throwing some rainbow, pokerstar and sunset in the car and driving now! :lol: I370/I270 intersection is no too far away right? :lol:

Ill take that sunset and sunrise hehe.

Whaaaaat?! We need to talk, :lol:

:lol: nope, that ain't too far. But I has them now :P

Need sunrise...bring that one with ya :)

Oh, and Vic, it's not a tiny frag :P Would fill up the standard smallish fragplug a couple times over :happy:

but, thats the way it wanted to break, and it fits the rock really well :lol:

Strawberry Patch

March1010.jpg

Sunset and Undata

ReefNewFragDayFeb20019.jpg

Purple Haze and some "generic" encrusting monti (color is intense orange/pink in person)

ReefNewFragDayFeb20020.jpg

Archived