Top Shelf Aquatics

The Full Monti

dshnarw

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ok so my tile of orange and purple polyp monti had reach its end. so i just place it on a shell and let it spread?

yep, or a rock, or put another frag tile next to it,let it encrust, and sell off the extra frag if you want.

Dude I shouldnt have showed you that monit today. Hope it colors up for you. I want dibs when you frag that rainbow monti.

:lol:

Sorry man - should have smacked me when I picked it. I'll get you a frag of it for pointing it out sometime.

fingerscrossed on the color...polyps are bluer under my light (maybe "reverse superman"?)

Gonna have to make a list on the rainbow, I see...you're right behind Weet! B)

haha, np, I thought you would grab it, He suckered me into an acan also.

:happy: Yeah, I haven't been passing up montis for anything lately.

His guarantee on the acan was right on - plump and happy within an hour in the tank. End up with anything else?

Oh - thanks for the tip about Rik's - didn't find any seagrass, but I did find a money cowry finally.

Nice Monti's everyone!! Here are some of mine.

Tyree True undata.

Undata914.07.jpg

I think this one may be Idaho Grape.

Purplecap122607.jpg

Blue-polyp Monti.

Blue-polypmonti122607.jpg

German blue.

CopyofGermanBlue2.jpg

Green digitata.

GreenDigi910.07.jpg

Green capricornis.

GreenCapfrag910.07.jpg

Blue-rim cap frag.

CapSnail.jpg

Orange digitata.

CopyofMonti.jpg

:happy: Yeah, I haven't been passing up montis for anything lately.

His guarantee on the acan was right on - plump and happy within an hour in the tank. End up with anything else?

Oh - thanks for the tip about Rik's - didn't find any seagrass, but I did find a money cowry finally.

Yea, got a birdsnest frag and bottle brush acro frag and the sixline wrasse for my frag tank.

Rick's is hit or miss, not alot of frags but good fish and inverts.

I'll play:

Sunrise

IMG_6357.jpg

Sunset

IMG_6282.jpg

Superman

IMG_6266.jpg

IMG_6269.jpg

maricultured PokerStar

IMG_6250.jpg

IMG_6254.jpg

blueberry cap, green cap, orange cap and purple cap

IMG_6289.jpg

Is this rainbow or pokerstar????

IMG_6369.jpg

Mother Orange Cap in March 07

2s9drwn.jpg

Nice additions (thanks for making us all jealous ;))

Looks like rainbow to me - pokerstar doesn't have variable coloring on the polyps, does it?

Nice additions (thanks for making us all jealous ;))

Looks like rainbow to me - pokerstar doesn't have variable coloring on the polyps, does it?

Thanks!

I wish I knew for sure, I have seen some people say that pokerstar can have different color polyps on new growth. It was sold to me as pokerstar, but I think it is rainbow - but since they are just hobby names, who knows. Jukitu above called another version of pokerstar reverse pokerstar - purple polyps on green! I am looking for that one! We need to start montiporaID.com!!!

Jukitu - I see a trade in our future for that reverse pokerstar!!

And dsharnw and I may need to have a MD monti swap party too after reviewing his pics!! ;)

A couple more pics - my mother Orange Cap colony now - under the moonlights with a flash - it is late after all ;)

IMG_6373.jpg

An orange digitata frag with a purple in the foreground out of focus

IMG_6063.jpg

green cap

greencap.jpg

I had a decent sized purple digitata frag yesterday, but I busted into a bunch of pieces while rearranging my tank and now I have lots of little ones ;-)

The sunrise and sunset are awesome! You can throw me on that list for the rainbow too, insane. Great pics everyone.

I've got:

Superman

Tyree LE Strawberry Patch

Strawberry Lemonade (Pokerstar morph from Mvite)

Orange cap

Green cap

Kiwi Confusa

Purple cap w/blue polyps

Purple Undata

Pics are comin'.

Bill

The sunrise and sunset are awesome! You can throw me on that list for the rainbow too, insane. Great pics everyone.

I've got:

Superman

Tyree LE Strawberry Patch

Strawberry Lemonade (Pokerstar morph from Mvite)

Orange cap

Green cap

Kiwi Confusa

Purple cap w/blue polyps

Purple Undata

Pics are comin'.

Bill

Thanks Bill.

I'll add you to the list ;-)

Bring on those pics!!!

Monti. what kind of monti is this? is there a name besides encrusting monti

IMG_2031.jpg

NICE! Not sure what species or fancy name it is, but I wouldn't mind a small chunk myself.

brshriver - Maryland monti frag swap sounds like a good idea...we'll have to work on that sometime.

This is the only monti I've taken pictures of so far. Its unnamed, and apparently this color combo is insofar not common in the industry.

DSCN5198.jpg

Under actinics:

DSCN5651.jpg

I just got a couple more montis but they need to settle in and regain their colors before I post pics of them.

Methinks we need to start a Monti swap soon.

But could we hold off til after the frag swap on the 19th?

I may have more stuff to trade after that.

So my pic takin skillz are not quite up to par. Bear with me.

Kiwi Confusa

CSC_0659.jpg

CSC_0658.jpg

Superman-got this from mvite, it's really light purple base instead of the dark like normal Sman

CSC_0664.jpg

Strawberry Lemonade-it's a morphed out pokerstar

CSC_0668.jpg

Tyree Strawberry Patch-yes, it's LE...no, i don't care

CSC_0674.jpg

CSC_0673.jpg

Other than that it's standard orange and green cap. My purple undata was fighting with me today and didn't want its picture taken.

Bill

This is the only monti I've taken pictures of so far. Its unnamed, and apparently this color combo is insofar not common in the industry.

DSCN5198.jpg

That is the other morph that I have seen called pokerstar I think. It was referred to as reverse-poker star earlier in the thread. I think it is a great morph!

Archived