SaltCritters.com

New tank maybe...lagoon Style

05XRunner

My grandfather used to build model trains and he had a great idea for trees depending on what look your going for.

You use a real branch from a tree and then you glue peet moss to it

ends up looking like this and is very cheep

beech-tree.jpg

I was going to order those..you get like 40in a bag.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dude a bunch of scattered palm trees would be perfect.

yea once I find them again on ebay i am going to get them.

They had some nice ones from one guy..had a bunch of different types. 40 trees per bag for like 10bucks. I was going to get like 4 types to mix it up.

These other online stores want like 6-12 per tree..they might be nicer but thats way way to expensive for a 4" tree

Wow...this is so creative! Everything looks great so far! +1 on the fake plants, a reef tank is enough to take care of.

Soon as you add a beach house in that I'm moving in. :lol:

o.o Those look so mega fake.

Ok then would you like to pay the $6-12 per tree for the really nice ones.

if so I will give you my paypal. I need about 50 of them.

crushed_rocktoo

What about putting a fence around it, kinda like a private beach look.

well I came up with this idea tonight..Saw some old fake plants I had and thought I could cut them up to use as plants on my beach. Only got a little done so far to see. I like how its starting to come out. Gonna get a few more types to cut up to add some more diversity and order some trees when I find them.

Woo-Hoo getting the diatoms, tank is cycling. Looking wonderful. What do any of your friends say about it? Have you had people over to view it?

Woo-Hoo getting the diatoms, tank is cycling. Looking wonderful. What do any of your friends say about it? Have you had people over to view it?

I am only getting diatoms cause I put some new bag of sand in it cause I didnt have enough from my old 20h.

everything water,sand, rocks came from a tank over a year old. There really is not a cycle with this.

here is what is living in my lagoon setup as of now.

I got a pair of True Percs commin in tomorrow

The color is still crappy I am HOPING my ballast comes in tomorrow

IMG_6258.jpg

IMG_6262.jpg

IMG_6263.jpg

IMG_6264.jpg

IMG_6265.jpg

IMG_6256.jpg

I can't help but think that the spillover light is being wasted. I wonder if there isn't some kind of plant that would tolerate being near the salt water and be easy to care for.

Just me thinkin though...

I really like the setup.

dantimdad

there really isnt much spill over..pic was taken when the light was 11" up moved it down to 9" and it doesnt light up much of the beach..also the fact the camera shutter speed wasnt super fast so that will give the impression there is alot more light then there actually is on the beach. Since it allowed more light in being open longer

Just an idea, I'm a noob so don't take it as anything, but what about doing L.E.D.s all around the base of the lagoon so you don't have to hang a light over it. If you put small L.E.D.s somehow around the base without obstructing the lovely view? Great job, I love it,really outside the box. Looks great I just thought then you wouldn't have to worry about spillover and all that. Keep it up, I love the pics, looking for more.

Archived