New tank maybe...lagoon Style

05XRunner

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

here is teh progress

her eis the frame of the stand completed

IMG_6192.jpg

Here is how the skin is going to be. Its Acrylic and I painted the back of it black. the center section is going to be the door.

I gotta finish painting the pieces and get some tiny screws tomorrow to attach it..

The one panel on the left got messed up :(

IMG_6193.jpg

I will probably have 1 clam.

The tank will be running this weekend. The stand probably wont have the skin on it yet cause i dont like the way the black acrylic looks at all. So i am trying to figure out what else I wanna do. probably end up just some thin plywood and staining it.

Probably wont be much in the tank either. Some sand and some rocks

2 hydor nanos and a canister filter..I am doing something easy. I am not ####### around with a sump. I dont want to have to be ####### with it all the time like my last 20g and its sump.

what do you mean. I will mount them on the tank walls like normal. All the sand around the edge on that beach stuff thats outside the water.

i cant do anything HOB...there is no room because of the shelf for the beach area is only going to be a 1/4" of room around it.

I will probably get a marineland 350 canister

what do you mean. I will mount them on the tank walls like normal. All the sand around the edge on that beach stuff thats outside the water.

Gotcha. Haha brain fart on my behalf.

well got the rest of th wood and the bag of aragonite and water today. So later on tonight I will post pics of it up and running

its still not going to be 100% done. None of the tropical beach and trees will be on there yet since I havnt made it that far yet. Also my pendant wont be here till monday.

well here is the stand so far.

I still gotta do some things. I am going to go get some metal L brackets to replace teh small pieces of 2x4 I have there right now.

Take in mind this is only the frame. Once I skin it with some nicer looking paneling it wont be ugly anymore. I also gotta get a square of Styrofoam to put under the tank to distribute the weight evenly.

I am no master carpenter but it gets the job done as a frame

IMG_6191.jpg

IMG_6190.jpg

Just a tip if you pre-drill your holes the 2X4 won't crack

Just a tip if you pre-drill your holes the 2X4 won't crack

Those small blocks are not even on there anymore..All replaced with steel brackets. those where just temp.

this is the finished frame

IMG_6192.jpg

Are you planning on finishing the stand with a quality plywood or hardwood? I like seeing custom woodworking. Looks like a very sturdy stand, I love that, can never be too strong.

I am probably going to finish the stand with better wood and stain it..dont expect it to be anyting spectacular. I am no carpenter

Well here it is. Obviously I got some stuff to still do. But you can see where the beach/tree area is gonna be now

IMG_6203.jpg

IMG_6202.jpg

IMG_6201.jpg

avalanche1201

awesome, i love the idea. Are you going to skin over the sides of the tank? Or will you be able to look into it for a lower view of it? I believe you said it was going to be top down only but I think if you could look in the sides it will still be really sweet...plus u could see crabs snails better

The front might be left open to view in the tank..the sides I am going to put a bluish/green film paper to try and make the water look bluish green like real lagoons

I think it looks sweet great build, cant wait to see the finale. Are you thinking about turning it around to allow the front view a little better, or is that going to be the final?

Archived