SaltCritters.com

New tank maybe...lagoon Style

05XRunner

Here is it filled up.

I just tossed the sand and rocks in there and I still need to buy alot of live rock. I will probably have the beach portion on the wood done tonight. not the trees cause I have to order them but the sand will be there

IMG_6205.jpg

IMG_6204.jpg

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yea I cant wait to see it done as well...Once I get all my rock I should be able to hid all the equipment with it so you wont really notice it at all..

I cant wait till monday when my pendant gets here so i can put some decent light on it.

Well i didnt do anything with the beach part tonight,

I ended up buying 10lb of LR so thats enough money on this thing for a while. I will slowly finish up the rest over next few weeks.

Its still kinda cloudy and the fact that i was just messing around in the sand didnt help

IMG_6209.jpg

IMG_6208.jpg

IMG_6207.jpg

IMG_6206.jpg

wow that looks like a lot of rocks for 10lbs.

i ended up getting 8lbs for my 7g but looks like it took over half of my tank...

lol finally understood what your making.

looks really nice btw.

well I had about 5-7lb of rock already..but it wasnt that great..so I used it at the bottom

lol i was about to say...

i was thinking those are some porous rock. XP

Wow,This should be good! Nice work so far! I would've drilled the bottom for a suface skimming overflow and return. I want to do something like this now! Keep the updates coming! ;)

this tank is awesome. are you going to have live plants in the tank as well? or just outside of it

yea I am gonna get some mangroves for it as well.

Stupid light should have been on tonight. But the bunk ballast i was using for it wont work.

So I guess it will be a little longer before I get my light on this thing.

No Sir..I dont like it(Ren n Stimpy horse voice)

Please dont mind the light on there..the ballast i have didnt work for the 150w..so i gotta order another one. thats just on there for now so I have something to look at

Maybe once I get all the little palm trees and shurbs to make it look like a jungle and fill in the empty space it will look better. I think i might change the grass stuff. I think that might be making it look like arse

IMG_6216.jpg

IMG_6215.jpg

IMG_6214.jpg

Archived