Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

New tank maybe...lagoon Style

05XRunner

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is the stuff on the shelf glued to the shelf, is it a hard substance glued together so that it stays together and not fall into the tank or on the floor?

its just loose sand...all around the border I have the wallpaper corner protector stuff its about 1/2" tall that is what is containing the sand

Will things be inhabiting the upper sand area? I like the looks of your tank, but I am pretty confused about the functionality of it. Will you be building walls on the upper area too? Will it be a smooth transition into the water as well?

Very very interesting setup.

nothing will be living up there...There really is no functionality of it..its mainly just going to be decoration for my living room.

You could do a -wicked- bonsai setup in that sand border (yes, even with the sand that shallow). Might consider trying some willow saplings in it toward the back, and some sparse bits of turf toward the front. -Seriously-.

You could do a -wicked- bonsai setup in that sand border (yes, even with the sand that shallow). Might consider trying some willow saplings in it toward the back, and some sparse bits of turf toward the front. -Seriously-.

I was at my one LFS and they had bundles of bamboo for like 10 in a bundle for 15bucks...I was wondering about that. I was gonna get 2 bundles. put a shallow tray in my sand area and fill it with sand but also be able to fill that tray with water and it will not be visible but also hold the water for the bamboo

well I updated the grass area.

Stopped at a hobby shop and got the Model train stuff.

I think it looks ALOT nicer and alot more like grassy area. The other stuff I had in there looked like a bunch of sticks everywhere.

Once I order all the trees and add them in it should look nicer

IMG_6219.jpg

IMG_6217.jpg

Whay are you going to do for lighting over the finalized tank, if you want a ton of light you could try a 400 MH with an unbrella reflector hund 4 feet above it would look amazing

i am not doing any SPS

150w Pendant is whats going over the tank. will be plenty. I am not trying to make my electric bill go up a huge amount and make this some major tank.

well I came up with this idea tonight..Saw some old fake plants I had and thought I could cut them up to use as plants on my beach. Only got a little done so far to see. I like how its starting to come out. Gonna get a few more types to cut up to add some more diversity and order some trees when I find them.

IMG_6231.jpg

IMG_6230.jpg

IMG_6229.jpg

they dont need to be fake....

im sure theres plants out there that are slow growing and small.

yes they need to be fake. Thats just another thing to add I would have to worry about. I dont wanna have to worry about them dying, turning brown and all that. This whole setup isnt supposed to be a chore. I want it to be something I sit back look at and relax.

why not get some really expensive fake piece of coral?

lol jkjk

yeah for the most part fake is better. at least it got that natural look.

+1

My grandfather used to build model trains and he had a great idea for trees depending on what look your going for.

You use a real branch from a tree and then you glue peet moss to it

ends up looking like this and is very cheep

beech-tree.jpg

Archived