ReefCleaners.org

New Red Sea Max

RedSeaGal

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good looking Tank RedSeaGal.

I dig my RSM. it is my first foray into the hobby, and I love it ! My tank is pretty much fully stocked(well for today anyway) and I am just trying to be Patient and let it grow out. So far so good !

Hi Spunndaze, Thanks for the compliment! How long have you had your RSM? This is my first tank too, but it's like the CADILLAC of tanks for a newbie! I am in love with mine too and I don't even have fish yet! The lighting is even better than I imagined considering that I am used to fw lighting.

Do you have any pictures? I would love to see them!

Phixion.........all I can say is...I am SO jealous of you!!!

When I am ready to get a clam, you are going to have to help me find one as awesome as yours!!

I did add a scooter blenny today, after 5 minutes he is already exploring the rock and looking pretty happy, if I know what a happy blenny looks like! :happydance::happydance:

Looking forward to the pics!!!

Phixion, that clam looks awesome.

RSG, post the pic of your blenny if you can. I am thinking of adding one myself in the future. Did you add your CUC?

Phixion.........all I can say is...I am SO jealous of you!!!

When I am ready to get a clam, you are going to have to help me find one as awesome as yours!!

I did add a scooter blenny today, after 5 minutes he is already exploring the rock and looking pretty happy, if I know what a happy blenny looks like! :happydance::happydance:

Looking forward to the pics!!!

It was a tough choice, but in the end I couldn't pass that clam up. I'm greedy, what can I say? lol! :P But seriously, thank goodness for my 10g and the fact it's pretty much empty. Time to start lightening the load of my 30g and building up the 10g. I'll definitely be glad to help you find a good nice clam once you're ready for one. :) heck, maybe by then I'll even part with one of mine for you. Most of my clams I tend to get from Fraggle Reef since they have a great selection always, and it helps being local to them... =X

Scooters are cool fish, I've actually considered having one. Rock exploring is a good sign I'd deem it safe to say. Definitely get pics up of it if/when you're able to!

Hey there Shaz, I thought I was getting my CUC but it never came :tears: Hopefully tomorrow.

Here is my picture of my little scooter....he's a cutie, he's been eating stuff off the rock and loves blood worms! If you are thinking of getting one, he's a great choice. If they will eat frozen food, they are hardy little guys. Will try to get a better picture later...as you can also see, getting lots of algae now.

post-32061-1194388988_thumb.jpg

Phixion~ if I was ready for a clam, I wouldn't be able to pass that one up either, I want to get a few unique things in my tank and that one would definately qualify! If you do ever want to part with a clam, I will be more than happy to help you out! ;) Where are you located? I live in Eagle Mountain, Utah. (Not a mormon, just in case you were wondering) :) I have seen Fraggle Reef on Ebay, I keep asking them if they will ship to me using my Fed Ex account, but he never answers back. But most sellers will let me use my account and it's helped with my overnight shipping quite a bit.

Can't wait to see that clam in your tank!

I agree, this clam is definitely unique! I'm located in the LA area of So. Cali, so I guess I'm pretty fortunate in that sense. Miguel the owner of Fraggle Reef is here on the N-R forums. Just look for and PM "FraggleReef" any questions you have reguarding your FedEx account. :) He responds pretty quickly to his PMs on here. I can't wait to see the clam in person!!! I'll have to wait a week and a half though as I'll be in Vegas/Laughlin this holiday weekend, which means I miss out on the BBQ they are having at Fraggle Reef. :( You can bet I'll get more and more anxious each day that goes by till I pick it up. :D

I posted a new pic up, but my toadstool has sadly taken a turn for the worst in the past day and a half... :(

How's your tank coming along RSG? :)

I posted a new pic up, but my toadstool has sadly taken a turn for the worst in the past day and a half... :(

How's your tank coming along RSG? :)

Hey there Phixion, I am so sorry to hear about your toadstool, what do you think happened?

My tank is doing good, I have more pictures of my scooter blenny and I got my CUC and macro today. I've got a skunk cleaner that is hiding in my cave, haven't seen him yet. 3 sexy shrimp that are doing good. I love the macro algae, I was thinking I wouldn't like it, but it looks really good.

I saw the pic of your toadstool~ :( Keep me posted on how it's doing!

post-32061-1194563751_thumb.jpg

post-32061-1194563827_thumb.jpg

post-32061-1194564528_thumb.jpg

Hey RSG, you're tank is looking great!! I'm so jealous of your super purple coralline covered rock! :P The scooter is looking good and healthy! Get some pics of the sexy shrimp if you can.

the toadstool is doing better now after I transfered it into my 10g tank. I tested the params of my 30g, but everything was fine... I'm suspecting a leather coral predetor or parasite at this point. I don't believe it's a diesease or anything of that sort, which is good I guess... It's already starting to heal itself back up though. :)

Can't wait to see more pics of your tank!!

RSG, your tank looks awesome. I really like the coralline you have on the rocks. Cant wait to get that going on my rocks. Did they come like that from the established tank? or did you see the difference after you started adding the purpleup and B-ionic? btw, I like the blenny too.

Hey RSG, you're tank is looking great!! I'm so jealous of your super purple coralline covered rock! :P The scooter is looking good and healthy! Get some pics of the sexy shrimp if you can.

the toadstool is doing better now after I transfered it into my 10g tank. I tested the params of my 30g, but everything was fine... I'm suspecting a leather coral predetor or parasite at this point. I don't believe it's a diesease or anything of that sort, which is good I guess... It's already starting to heal itself back up though. :)

Can't wait to see more pics of your tank!!

Thanks for the compliment! :D Here is the only picture I could get of one of the sexy shrimp..they seem to be ok, but my skunk is hiding..hopefully he is just shy.

I am glad to hear your toadstool is healing up already and that it isn't a disease! That would suck!

When are you getting your clam, after Thanksgiving??

post-32061-1194567412_thumb.jpg

RSG, your tank looks awesome. I really like the coralline you have on the rocks. Cant wait to get that going on my rocks. Did they come like that from the established tank? or did you see the difference after you started adding the purpleup and B-ionic? btw, I like the blenny too.

Hi Shaz, I was just going on your thread to tell you I had more pictures, then I saw your reply! :lol: I did buy the rocks with the coralline, I bought them off of Ebay from a guy that had them in his tank for 3 years. But I am adding B-ionic and Purple-up, alternating them. So far I only need to add it every 6 days, I thought the coralline would take up a lot more calciuim than that! I really don't know how that last picture of my tank turned out so good, cause it is actually not too clear after having my hands in the tank, I've got quite a few microbubbles again, but I'm sure it's the skimmer doing overtime right now.

I saw the picture of your new snails, are the astrea snails the ones getting on your glass? So far, I don't have anything on my glass and it really needs it!! The crabs are on the sand and my Trochus snails are on the rock.

How's your tank doing??

The sexy is ontop of the world in the pic, pretty cool! :P I'm not positive the toady isn't dieseased, but it's looking more and more like that aspect can be ruled out... fingerscrossed

I'm getting the clam this coming week! :happydance: I can't wait to see it either.

Hi all - love this thread.

I am a newbie, although I do have a FW setup and a pico SW setup. I've been eyeing the RSM myself for a while now, but after visiting a few LFS and hearing their sales pitches, going to a much bigger tank would make more sense for me because of what I want. I eventually want to keep soft corals with some fish like tangs, clowns, and grammas, and some chromis. Tangs would eventually outgrow a 34gal, just don't know how fast. I am not too worry about clowns or chromis though. So, the big question is, how many fish would I be able to keep on a RSM 34 gal taking into account the mentioned species? Of course, money is also an issue here, as for a RSM, I could probably get everything set-up just under $1500 including livestock. On the other, I'd probably need to spend around $3,000 for anything bigger (60-90 gal).

Hi all - love this thread.

I am a newbie, although I do have a FW setup and a pico SW setup. I've been eyeing the RSM myself for a while now, but after visiting a few LFS and hearing their sales pitches, going to a much bigger tank would make more sense for me because of what I want. I eventually want to keep soft corals with some fish like tangs, clowns, and grammas, and some chromis. Tangs would eventually outgrow a 34gal, just don't know how fast. I am not too worry about clowns or chromis though. So, the big question is, how many fish would I be able to keep on a RSM 34 gal taking into account the mentioned species? Of course, money is also an issue here, as for a RSM, I could probably get everything set-up just under $1500 including livestock. On the other, I'd probably need to spend around $3,000 for anything bigger (60-90 gal).

Hi Elmar

Yes, the one thing I do know for sure..if you want a Tang, do not get a RSM, it is way too small. I am new, so I could not give you any advice on how many fish you could stock it with, but I am going to get a pair of clowns and I already have a pair of Scooter Blennies. That will be all the fish I am going to add. The rest will be corals.

I would say in the long run, you would end up spending more money to get an RSM and then you would eventually want to get a larger tank and then who knows how much you would end up spending. When you are new, you think getting smaller is the best, I started with a 12 Gallon Eclipse, which is horrible by the way for sw. Then I wanted bigger, and I can even see in the future wishing I had more space for corals, so if you have the money, I would invest in the larger tank. But that's just my opinion! :) I am sure there are other people who could give you much better advice, but I am very happy with my RSM and since I am new, I think this tank will keep me happy for a very long time. Anything I find on the rocks and the few things I do have in the tank are enough to keep me entertained for a long time! When I do add things, it will just be an added bonus! :D

Hey Phixion,

How's the toadstool coming along??

Just wanted to tell you I got a female blenny yesterday, she is so little and cute! My male is in love with her already, he hardly leaves her side! Here is a picture of them together.. Feather duster also found a spot he likes!

I am also being very impatient about your clam...when is it coming!! :P

post-32061-1194715223_thumb.jpg

post-32061-1194715285_thumb.jpg

Hey Phixion,

How's the toadstool coming along??

Just wanted to tell you I got a female blenny yesterday, she is so little and cute! My male is in love with her already, he hardly leaves her side! Here is a picture of them together.. Feather duster also found a spot he likes!

I am also being very impatient about your clam...when is it coming!! :P

lol, you and me both! ;):P It gets picked up tomorrow and then I should have it sometime during the week! I'll keep you updated for sure!!

Your pics look great! Glad to hear the 2 blennies are bonding already, always a good sign! B)

lol, you and me both! ;):P It gets picked up tomorrow and then I should have it sometime during the week! I'll keep you updated for sure!!

Your pics look great! Glad to hear the 2 blennies are bonding already, always a good sign! B)

Phixion You know the skunk shrimp that was staying in the cave? Well, I watched him kill one of my sexy shrimp!!! :angry: Now I want him out of my tank! I asked the seller if they would be okay together and she said, yes as long as they were put into the tank at the same time. I tried spot feeding the skunk shrimp this morning but he wouldn't come out and grab it like he did before. Am I able to trap him?

your tank sucks! Just kidding!

i like the rock work in the beginning, how about a new FTS?

LOL I wish they were kidding when they said that about mine...

Archived