ReefCleaners.org

Dopamine's 14g Biocube

dopamine

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe it is 3/4".

well...here are more crappy pictures but atleast they demenstrate the new modification. These are taken from the new tank since the leak from the oringal, the clean backwall looks creepy.

rightrt5.jpg

ftsng3.jpg

xenia has started to blow up since the additional return.

tankleakclovesjv7.jpg

xeniagp1.jpg

I havent bought any new corals is forever, still pretty bare. the only new addition is a pom pom.

pomhostnv6.jpg

p.s. Update on the leaky tank and new set up: After the sand settled in the new tank for about a week I put everything back in the new tank. The now single clown stayed and got medicated with API super ich cure. He is now in the new tank as of monday, jan. 28th. He is going strong and riding the new waves.

What should I do about the new fish situation? 'nother false perc? something totally sweet I dont even know about?

The tank is really looking great. Did you get the frogspawn from Paradise Reef? If so then i think it might be the other half of the piece i had him order me. As for your fish question. I have done a little research in the last few weeks and these are the few fish i would think about adding. Sixline (get a small one), Firefish goby, a yellow watchman goby, or another clown would always be a great addition (if you wana be risky you could try pairing a B&W with your orange one)

thanks bro. I got the frogspawn from premium aquatics. Side note: James is a really nice guy. Despite what had happened here and I dont know the details. He was very helpful and sincere. He did have an amazing frag of blue zoas I wanted but they were barely open because a fish was pecking at them and I wanted to see them all open before I bought it.

I am actually going down there soon to run through some TDS tests on my water and the premixed I get from uncle bills.

I dont know what to do about the fish situation, funny you said gamble with a B/W. I was just laying infront of the tank thinking about that. I dont want a sixline...might be pushing it and dont want him to stress out my current clown. This guy has been through a lot and doing so well.

Soooo...thinking about getting another clown because the interaction between the two is just too funny. probably just another nano clown but have to set the QT back up.

Can anyone confirm this mushroom species? looks like rainbow rhodactis. picked it up at uncle bills and they dont know crap.

rainbowrhodactisgi2.jpg

rhodactisactinichostwt4.jpg

they are not bleached, it is just my camera phone. I swore I wouldnt get mushrooms but these are so sweet. I call them dumpster mushrooms. They are a mix of blue/green/gunmetal blue/ and paprika.

Any links to help educate me on rhodactis? just would like to know more about them. regions, etc.

thanks bro. I got the frogspawn from premium aquatics. Side note: James is a really nice guy. Despite what had happened here and I dont know the details. He was very helpful and sincere. He did have an amazing frag of blue zoas I wanted but they were barely open because a fish was pecking at them and I wanted to see them all open before I bought it.

I am actually going down there soon to run through some TDS tests on my water and the premixed I get from uncle bills.

I dont know what to do about the fish situation, funny you said gamble with a B/W. I was just laying infront of the tank thinking about that. I dont want a sixline...might be pushing it and dont want him to stress out my current clown. This guy has been through a lot and doing so well.

Soooo...thinking about getting another clown because the interaction between the two is just too funny. probably just another nano clown but have to set the QT back up.

Can anyone confirm this mushroom species? looks like rainbow rhodactis. picked it up at uncle bills and they dont know crap.

rainbowrhodactisgi2.jpg

rhodactisactinichostwt4.jpg

they are not bleached, it is just my camera phone. I swore I wouldnt get mushrooms but these are so sweet. I call them dumpster mushrooms. They are a mix of blue/green/gunmetal blue/ and paprika.

Any links to help educate me on rhodactis? just would like to know more about them. regions, etc.

They do look like rhodactis.

I really like them as well, and would be interested in getting one from you down the road to add to the mushroom garden area of my 16g display.

Cool find!

how sweet of you, weetiebix! It would be my pleasure!

If you dont mind walking me through it and give me some tips, I will do it anytime!

• 1 month later...

went to premium aquatics today and decided to pick up a bali torch that I had looked at earlier in the week while picking up some rock for my other tank.

its got 5 heads and is doing ok so far.

torchyc7.jpg

dont worry, it is not staying anywhere near there. I need to detach the superglued ricordia in the back ground because I dont think it really likes it there in the first place and the torch is going back there.

And the two just had to butt their way into the shot. I dont know the full time span for clowns to sex but the smaller orange has been doing some wiggling/shaking in front the his big black b*tch of a girl friend.

I was just laying here on my stomach on the couch in front of the tank. I am REALLY impressed with this torch. Color is great and it obviously likes the water flow I have going on.

I am going to try to get a video posted or might hotlink my webcam to the forum.

The clowns are so funny, I really do love them. Such great personalities, I am going to be so sad when their time comes. I shouldnt talk like that but...it is inevitable.

I am going to be in the market for some zoas soon...(talkin to you weetabix!) I would like to start letting them grow in here so I can frag some for the new office tank. The pink zoas have gone from 3 heads when I bought them to 12 in the past month.

maybe we could do a transaction plus a trade and I will throw you some of the rhodactis (dumpters)?

well...2 nights ago the peppermint shrimp moved to the front of the tank and wasnt looking too hot...a little pale and confused. I thought it might have been having a hard time to molt so I was going to get some lugols (is this an ok thing to do?)

but when I got home everyone was having dinner and shrimp was the main course.

I tested the water with an API kit and calcium with salifert with the carcass still in the water:

80f

amm: 0

ph: 8.3/8.4

nitrite: 0

nitrate: 0

cal: 340 (WHOA!)

sooo what do you guys and gals think?

Everything else is doing well...the new torch is expanded to the max. the clowns got potbellies.

I lost that porcelain crab a while back after it lost one arm during a molt and then died during the molt following. What is going on here?

I was just laying here on my stomach on the couch in front of the tank. I am REALLY impressed with this torch. Color is great and it obviously likes the water flow I have going on.

I am going to try to get a video posted or might hotlink my webcam to the forum.

The clowns are so funny, I really do love them. Such great personalities, I am going to be so sad when their time comes. I shouldnt talk like that but...it is inevitable.

I am going to be in the market for some zoas soon...(talkin to you weetabix!) I would like to start letting them grow in here so I can frag some for the new office tank. The pink zoas have gone from 3 heads when I bought them to 12 in the past month.

maybe we could do a transaction plus a trade and I will throw you some of the rhodactis (dumpters)?

I am totally up for a sale and/or trade. I broke down my prop tank and will have zoas for sale in a few days. If I don't send you pics soon, PM me a reminder.

I'm not sure what to think on the Peppermint, I'm sorry!

• 2 weeks later...
pacersfan09

I live in INDY as well ( GO colts and pacers), but i was wondering where you got your biocube? and I was also wondering since you have a had a bad experience with them would you suggest I just get a 10 gallon and buy everything I need or what?

Hey Pacersfan.

I only had the 1 leak, but I really like my biocube. I bought mine from uncle bills for 170.00, but paradise reef had a crazy sale for 119.00 I believe. The dudes name is James.

I would much rather have a biocube 14 than piecing my own 10 gallon together.

GOT MY PACKAGE FROM WEETABIX!!!!! I havent taking them out yet. I need to put them in my tank at home for now cause of the switch at work.

I switched my sand out on the office 5 gallon from the salt and pepper to the all black...soooo much better.

Thanks so much! the packaging is amazing. I am glad I got your package first so I can just duplicate what you did. I probably would have done something wrong.

GOT MY PACKAGE FROM WEETABIX!!!!! I havent taking them out yet. I need to put them in my tank at home for now cause of the switch at work.

I switched my sand out on the office 5 gallon from the salt and pepper to the all black...soooo much better.

Thanks so much! the packaging is amazing. I am glad I got your package first so I can just duplicate what you did. I probably would have done something wrong.

YAY, they're there!!!

I hope they do well for you and you really enjoy them!

Post pics when you can. :happy:

Btw, go ahead and float the bags in your tank there, it will help keep the bag temps more stable til you can get them home.

good call! I will for sure post pics. Hopefully with my girlfriends camera cause all I have is this busted camera phone that gets my in trouble because it makes my tanks look like crap.

• 2 weeks later...

HOLY ###### YOU GUYS!!!!

I was thinking about how to frag my green bali torch because it has been bugging the frogspawn and when I looked over the B/W was hosting the ###### out of it. Laying and rubbing around it in. swimming and poking its head through it. She is all up in it!

oh my go, my heart is pumping! That is soo cool. It looks sooo cool when it is your pet. What a cool week, from the trade with weet, to the harlequins having their first meal and now this!

I hope she teaches the orange false.

I will try to snap a pic, but she comes flying to the top of the glass when I get near the tank.

Really like your torch. Your frogspawn also looks like its thriving. Sorry, I didn't read too far back into your thread. But are you planning on upgrading lighting? Or keeping SPS in the future?

HOLY ###### YOU GUYS!!!!

I was thinking about how to frag my green bali torch because it has been bugging the frogspawn and when I looked over the B/W was hosting the ###### out of it. Laying and rubbing around it in. swimming and poking its head through it. She is all up in it!

oh my go, my heart is pumping! That is soo cool. It looks sooo cool when it is your pet. What a cool week, from the trade with weet, to the harlequins having their first meal and now this!

I hope she teaches the orange false.

I will try to snap a pic, but she comes flying to the top of the glass when I get near the tank.

That sounds awesome, I'm really looking forward to pics!!!

Btw, your dumpster mushrooms look much better in person than in the pic and since I will be getting a new camera in the mail Tues. or Wed. , I will be posting my own photographic evidence of this very soon!

They are AWESOME, I love them!!! :happydance:

thanks. The frogspawn is usually extended more but has been tucking back since the torch came and the torch now extends atleast 2-3 times the length that in that pic. I did move it a little away from here but it is still a problem...I need to move the frogspawn more to right.

Yeah, I really would like to get rid of these xenia cloves and toadstool, upgrade the lights and try keeping some more serious pieces.

I want to keep the hood. I really need some direction with this, I have been wishing and thinking about an upgrade but get so lost because I dont know anything about lighting. what do you think?

edit: haha, sweet! I will probably end up stealing the pic you take and putting in here too! :ninja: you are lucky, I really need a camera!!!

Well if you are looking to trim off some xenia I have some empty spots I might wanna see filled. PM me if you look into that.

I think you should ditch the hood and go open top with a 70w MH.

If you got a Sunpod, you should get an Ushio 14k bulb with it.

Or you could get the 70w retro fixture from illuming.com (which I have and like) and if you did that, you should use an Astralux 14k bulb in it.

That's my .02

I think you should ditch the hood and go open top with a 70w MH.

If you got a Sunpod, you should get an Ushio 14k bulb with it.

+1. Look at Fictions tank here. I love the look of BC open top with a sunpod right over.

Archived